Best times for O.J

lazz

Ray Peat does not recommends having O.J with meats because of the Iron absorption ! My question is : do you guys drink OJ in between meals or what are the best times to drink it?

OccamzRazer

Second thing in the morning, a little bit after warm water + lemon + salt.

This timing makes it easy to pair OJ with eggs or other lower-iron foods too.

OP
L

lazz

Second thing in the morning, a little bit after warm water + lemon + salt.

This timing makes it easy to pair OJ with eggs or other lower-iron foods too.
Thanks! Second thing in the morning by itself, just with sugar and salt as a snack, right? And doesnt eggs contain iron as well?

boris

Best time for OJ is every few minutes. Iron is not a problem if you drink coffee with it. Someone asked Peat if it‘s safe to eat high iron foods with OJ if you drink a coffee too, he said something like „it‘s a balance“.

OP
L

lazz

Best time for OJ is every few minutes. Iron is not a problem if you drink coffee with it. Someone asked Peat if it‘s safe to eat high iron foods with OJ if you drink a coffee too, he said something like „it‘s a balance“.
Awesome! Thanks!’ He also has an article on his website called Iron’s Dangers” in which he states dont ever mix OJ and meats in the same meal , but i guess like you said if you also add coffee to that meal is balanced

I like to drink my fresh, juiced and strained, oranges at night, mixed with half water and some sugar and salt. The vitamin C is good for sleep and the little trickle of sugar all evening keeps me from wanting to snack all night after dinner.