Best Thing To Drink While Exercising & Supplements

Bluebell

What's the best thing to drink while exercising?

Is sugared/salted milk good - strawberry milkshake? Should I make it with zero fat milk or is half fat OK?

or d-ribose in water?

Also what are good supplements?

I took BCAA 30 minutes before exercising today and it worked out well.

I also take B1, aspirin (a few hours before). Might start niacinamide.

Any suggestions?

OP
Bluebell

Bluebell

Update - I tried liver just before my workout today - it might have been a coincidence but i think I had more energy.

OP
Bluebell

Bluebell

Bet you get some priceless looks from the sugar police :)

I think coca-cola is pretty much ***t. Breathing properly will yield better results than its carbonation will provide, and it doesn't have much salt compared to HFCS.

1) Water during exercise
And when you're done exercising you can go eat and drink your nutrients.

Are you feeling bad during exercise? Are you trying to optimize something specific? Are you exercising for so long than you would get too low on salt and/or sugar?

cout12

I've had the best success by drinking sugar water with a bit of salt. I half sugar half water in the microwave with some salt and heat it up. Then let it cool down in the fridge. Then I might mix that 50/50 with orange juice or milk for taste, or just mix it with some more water.

I'll usually drink half a cut of sugar per 30 minutes-1hour of work out. The difference in energy level during and for the next few hours after the work out is night and day compared to just drinking some milk or juice without the sugar.

I only do squats and deadlifts though. Never tried other types of work outs or cardio. I drink it during and right after.

Greg says

I use this...
Ingredients: milk, sugar and cocoa.

Attachments

• blogger-image--473172705.jpg
    blogger-image--473172705.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 423

whit

Update - I tried liver just before my workout today - it might have been a coincidence but i think I had more energy.

It's not coincidence.
I like the BCAA as well. Honey with milk is another one I enjoy.
Just not too much liquid though.

sladerunner69

I've been lifting since I was 14 and I have developed a really wide muscled physique and great strength. I wieghed myself naked today after my workout while I was hungry and probaby low fluids and I was 216. I am just over 5'11''. I am also 13% bodyfat. That is about as big as natural bodybuilders seem to get, and I am just 21. Many other guys ask me if Im using steroids, but of course Im not... just ray peat diet secrets. I bench pressed 305 the other day, with nothing but wrist wraps. I went down almost to touching my chest, almsot a centimeter away.
deadlift: 405x5
squat: 405x1
front squat: 315x1
powerclean: 275x1
jerk press: 275x1

So what do I drink during workouts? Ideally its 20oz skim milk with 2-3tbsp of sugar, 1g taurine, coffee/espresso, salt, 3g creatine, 3g collagen, and small amount of magnesium mineral water. I use a shaker bottle.

Or I will just have any type of juice, preferably unpasteurized orange though.

Or I have even been known to sip coca cola from time to time. All of the strange looks you get as a huge bodybuilder dirnking soda int he gym though... hahaha it can be distracting for sure.

TheHound

I've been lifting since I was 14 and I have developed a really wide muscled physique and great strength. I wieghed myself naked today after my workout while I was hungry and probaby low fluids and I was 216. I am just over 5'11''. I am also 13% bodyfat. That is about as big as natural bodybuilders seem to get, and I am just 21. Many other guys ask me if Im using steroids, but of course Im not... just ray peat diet secrets. I bench pressed 305 the other day, with nothing but wrist wraps. I went down almost to touching my chest, almsot a centimeter away.
deadlift: 405x5
squat: 405x1
front squat: 315x1
powerclean: 275x1
jerk press: 275x1

So what do I drink during workouts? Ideally its 20oz skim milk with 2-3tbsp of sugar, 1g taurine, coffee/espresso, salt, 3g creatine, 3g collagen, and small amount of magnesium mineral water. I use a shaker bottle.

Or I will just have any type of juice, preferably unpasteurized orange though.

Or I have even been known to sip coca cola from time to time. All of the strange looks you get as a huge bodybuilder dirnking soda int he gym though... hahaha it can be distracting for sure.

how many calories are you eating?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals