Best thermos bottles?

Filip1993

Since I pretty much solved all my health problems I'm going back to work next week. I'm thinking about putting milk, coffee, sugar and salt in a big thermos and drink it during work. I'm looking for a "safe" thermos right now. If somebody know a good product or something else I can put my milk in that would be great. Grateful for any help!

jyb

You can look for glass lined ones. Pros: minimal plastics, no metal, keeps heat well. Cons: more fragile.

OP
F

Filip1993

What about this one?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hormel-Glass-Li ... 0894913951

It's expensive, but seems like a good investment if it's safe. Then I can just fill it with milk, sugar, instant coffee, salt, gelatin and coconut oil/cream and put it in my back pack along with some flash pasteurized OJ/fruit. Then I can be out all day without worrying about food.

jyb

It's only 1 litre... I have a regular Thermos brand, the inside is glass lined. It was a lot less costly.

I'm not sure how long you can safely keep some warm milk and sugar based drink. Coffee is antibacterial so is safe on it own all day.

OP
F

Filip1993

Hmm, I might look for something cheaper.

I'm not sure either, I didn't think of that.

Mittir

If you have refrigerator at work, you can keep your milk coffee there.
I used to drink warm milk, but now i find ice added milk coffee
more enjoyable. I believe thermos should keep things hot for at least 7-8 hours.
Another alternative is to carry cheese. You can also make orange gummy candy.

OP
F

Filip1993

I have access to refrigerator at work, do you just add instant coffee to milk and put it in the refrigerator? Thanks for the tips, cheese is a good idea.

jyb

I typically store a milk bottle in the work fridge and have a Thermos of coffee. Throughout the day I pour milk in a cup and add coffee from the Thermos. I think a Thermos can't hold enough milk for a day so I don't store it in the Thermos (and that's good as milk would require cleaning daily contrary to coffee).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals