Best Supplements For Enhancing Alcohol Tolerance?

Dr. B

emoxypine looks interesting

thiamine pyrophosphate is the activated version of b1, allegedly more potent
do you know where we can get this one, does it have some other names it goes by
seems tough to find on amazon
i have some thiamine hcl 500mg
im wondering how thiamine affects methyl groups, histamine, glutathione, those kinds of things...

I have a big meet-up with a dozen of old friends this weekend and we plan on partying hard.

I wonder what could help with alcohol tolerance? I‘ve heard @haidut saying that aromatase inhibition can help with alcohol clearance?

I personally plan on taking high dose thiamin HCL (1-2 grams) + B6/P5P (50mg) + vitamin E (800IU) the day before drinking. Maybe coupled with some niacinamide (1-2 x 500mg) throughout the night.

Of course with good nutrition before the evening. Lots of salt, magnesium, calcium and so on.

I eat spoonfuls of raw honey with my drinks, per Ray Peat's recommendation of fructose, and it works wonders! Honey contains 40٪ fructose and 30٪ glucose.

Dear Ray,

Is alcohol all estrogen promoting or are there any that are safe to drink? Spirits?

"Pure colorless highly distilled alcohol is the safest. It can have antioxidant effects, but in some people it can interfere with the respiratory enzymes and lower blood sugar. Fructose is protective against some of its toxic effects." Ray Peat e-mail exchange

Dr. B

I eat spoonfuls of raw honey with my drinks, per Ray Peat's recommendation of fructose, and it works wonders! Honey contains 40٪ fructose and 30٪ glucose.

Dear Ray,

Is alcohol all estrogen promoting or are there any that are safe to drink? Spirits?

"Pure colorless highly distilled alcohol is the safest. It can have antioxidant effects, but in some people it can interfere with the respiratory enzymes and lower blood sugar. Fructose is protective against some of its toxic effects." Ray Peat e-mail exchange
would that be everclear? which honey are you using these days, which organic brands do you like

would that be everclear? which honey are you using these days, which organic brands do you like

I am using Savanna Bee Company honeycomb and Jennifer recommended Wendell Estate whipped honey.

Attachments

• 20211025_172257.jpg
    20211025_172257.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 20211025_162008.jpg
    20211025_162008.jpg
    325 KB · Views: 8
  • 20211018_152253.jpg
    20211018_152253.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 9

Dr. B

I am using Savanna Bee Company honeycomb and Jennifer recommended Wendell Estate whipped honey.
do you know a good beeswax product? theres a lot of organic beeswax products on amazon, im looking to get some good pellets to chew. they contain policosanols

No
do you know a good beeswax product? theres a lot of organic beeswax products on amazon, im looking to get some good pellets to chew. they contain policosanols

I don't. I spit my wax out pretty quick when the honey is gone.

SonOfEurope

In defense of a low fat, a low fat diet.

While the benefits of a hunter gatherer low fat diet are welcome, especially in defense against cancer, Instead of a fat one l I would advice a metabolism used to carbohydrates Instead of a fat based one, alcohol is toxic substance, so one's metabolism can better deal with it.

WHEN YOU'RE TIPSY, IT'S TIME TO STOP, It's a good thing to remember.

Of course it's different if you're a 300lb bodubodybuilder 130lb princes, but just follow your instincts and be smart. (!!!)

Dose makes the poison. Please remember that...

Last edited:
In defense of a low fat, a low fat diet.

While the benefits of a hunter gatherer low fat diet are welcome, especially in defense against cancer, Instead of a fat one l I would advice a metabolism used to carbohydrates I stead of a fat based one, alcohol is toxic substance, so one's metabolism can better deal with it.

WHEN YOU'RE TIPSY, IT'S TIME TO STOP, Is a good thing to remember.

Of course it's different if you're a 300lb bodulybuilder or 130lb princes, but just follow your instincts and be smart. (!!!)

Dose makes the poison. Please remember that...
I agree with what you’ve said here SonOfEurope. I also think people have to weigh the pros and cons as to why they are drinking alcohol. People drinking to get tipsy for fun is really no great reason, especially still growing young people. For them alcohol is destructive. For a highly stressed older person it is worth a couple of drinks to destress, rather than take pills or be stressed. Balancing alcohol right and not drinking cheap alcohol makes a big difference.

ysdj

Fructose.

"Ethanol is normally metabolized at a constant rate by the liver of man and animals. Attempts to change this rate have included treatment with metabolically active substances such as glucose, pyruvate, amino acids, dinitrophenol, insulin, and thyroid hormone. In some cases an increase has been observed, but usually only a very small one. The only exception so far discovered is the effect of fructose."

The Mechanism of the Fructose Effect on the Ethanol Metabolism of the Human Liver

miquelangeles

I agree with what you’ve said here SonOfEurope. I also think people have to weigh the pros and cons as to why they are drinking alcohol. People drinking to get tipsy for fun is really no great reason, especially still growing young people. For them alcohol is destructive. For a highly stressed older person it is worth a couple of drinks to destress, rather than take pills or be stressed. Balancing alcohol right and not drinking cheap alcohol makes a big difference.
I believe drinking to get tipsy for fun is actually a great reason. Alcohol is a social lubricant and there is evidence that social interactions influence health in multiple positive ways.

I believe drinking to get tipsy for fun is actually a great reason. Alcohol is a social lubricant and there is evidence that social interactions influence health in multiple positive ways.
A couple of drinks over dinner or with friends I get, but I hate that Spring Break, immature “let’s party” mentality. If a person has to be tipsy to have healthy social interactions, then alcohol really isn’t their biggest problem. In which case yes they better just go ahead and get tipsy.

Dr. B

Fructose.

"Ethanol is normally metabolized at a constant rate by the liver of man and animals. Attempts to change this rate have included treatment with metabolically active substances such as glucose, pyruvate, amino acids, dinitrophenol, insulin, and thyroid hormone. In some cases an increase has been observed, but usually only a very small one. The only exception so far discovered is the effect of fructose."

The Mechanism of the Fructose Effect on the Ethanol Metabolism of the Human Liver

What does fructose do there

AlaskaJono

This is not exactly "enhancing alcohol tolerance", but it does slow down the alcohol breakdown: Eat some fatty cheese, or meat, (or ?) before a drinking session. This is a well known ploy to be able to 'handle' more alcohol, or to delay some of the inebriating effects.

Also I agree with the above somewhere is a quote from Dr. Peat concerning the 'less negative effects' of clear (pure/colorless) alcohol, as for many years (30+ in fact) I buy and consume primarily Vodka, and Tequila Blanco. Que Bueno. ( OH my.... I do miss the low prices on Tequila in N. America.... oh well.)

VonKeister

Zinc increases alcohol clearance and helps avoiding hangovers however you're also going to be more resistant to the alcohol and getting drunk won't be as easy

Gawdawg

I have a big meet-up with a dozen of old friends this weekend and we plan on partying hard.

I wonder what could help with alcohol tolerance? I‘ve heard @haidut saying that aromatase inhibition can help with alcohol clearance?

I personally plan on taking high dose thiamin HCL (1-2 grams) + B6/P5P (50mg) + vitamin E (800IU) the day before drinking. Maybe coupled with some niacinamide (1-2 x 500mg) throughout the night.

Of course with good nutrition before the evening. Lots of salt, magnesium, calcium and so on.
Anti-Alcohol by Life Extension has been effective at reducing hangovers; good at speeding up the metabolism of acetaldehyde. I've also found drinking orange juice before and after a drinking session beneficial.

“Some of the clearest evidence of the protective effects of saturated fats has been published by A.A. Nanji's group, showing that they can reverse the inflammation, necrosis, and fibrosis of alcoholic liver disease, even with continued alcohol consumption, while fish oil and other unsaturated fats exacerbate the problem (Nanji, et al., 2001). Glycine protects against fat accumulation in alcohol-induced liver injury (Senthilkumar, et al., 2003), suggesting that dietary gelatin would complement the protective effects of saturated fats.“ -Ray Peat

Kray

Dear Ray,

Great info, thanks Rinse!

I'm enjoying a G&T at the moment-- although it does have sugar in the tonic, I'll add a bit o' honey to top it off. Cheers! 🥂

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals