Best Sugar?

J

j.

White sugar. If I recall correctly, I read that on Danny Roddy's "Peat's Brain".

BingDing

I use the Wholesome Sweeteners brand. Everything I've ever read says most of the molasses is drained off and I think there are trace amounts of iron, at most. While commercial sugar producers could care less how much pesticide you ingest.

The fair trade/fair labor status also carries some weight for me. I posted something about it here:

viewtopic.php?p=8708#p8708

Whichway?

Reviving this old thread to ask is white sugar the one to use according to Dr Peat?
There are so many on the market these days, raw, white low GI, rapadura, muscovado, brown, demerara (for coffee).

mt_dreams

Reviving this old thread to ask is white sugar the one to use according to Dr Peat?
There are so many on the market these days, raw, white low GI, rapadura, muscovado, brown, demerara (for coffee).
The darkness of the sugar is due to the mineral & potential heavy metals. If consuming these things are not an issue, them most sugars will fit the bill (i've never seen low gi marketed sugar so not sure what it's derived from). Ray prefers refined due to the decreased risk of irritants. I would avoid glucose-fructose, and sucrose when listed as ingredients, as these are derived from gmo beet sugar which is drenched in glyphosate. refined cane sugar/organic cane sugar will be the most tolerated by the masses. I consume all types of organic sugars from maple, coconut, cane (refined & darker varieties). test to see if your digestion has any problem with an individual sugar. I believe the only difference in the last 4 sugars you mentioned is the molasses content of the sugar... they are all cane sugar.

Whichway?

The darkness of the sugar is due to the mineral & potential heavy metals. If consuming these things are not an issue, them most sugars will fit the bill (i've never seen low gi marketed sugar so not sure what it's derived from). Ray prefers refined due to the decreased risk of irritants. I would avoid glucose-fructose, and sucrose when listed as ingredients, as these are derived from gmo beet sugar which is drenched in glyphosate. refined cane sugar/organic cane sugar will be the most tolerated by the masses. I consume all types of organic sugars from maple, coconut, cane (refined & darker varieties). test to see if your digestion has any problem with an individual sugar. I believe the only difference in the last 4 sugars you mentioned is the molasses content of the sugar... they are all cane sugar.

Thanks for the reply. Yes it was the varying degrees of molasses content that I was wondering about as to whether people had problems with them as opposed to the refined white sugar.

I think I will stick with white sugar for the bulk of what I consume, and consume one of the darker varieties occasionally. I just looked up the heavy metal content of molasses and it does contain some traces of heavy metals.