Best Source For Youth Steriods (preg/prog/dhea) From Eating Brains?

yoshiesque

The brain is abundant in cholesterol and alot of it is converted into the youthful steriods such as dhea, pregnenolone, progesterone.

Rather than take a supplements, wouldnt it be better to take small amounts of this daily or weekly?

I dont see the issue in it. Apart from the insanely amount of cholesterol in brain, which should be fine as long as we dont cook it for too long (as it oxidizes)

i want to see how this can potentially help my severe chronic fatigue.

Hans

Forum Supporter
The brain is abundant in cholesterol and alot of it is converted into the youthful steriods such as dhea, pregnenolone, progesterone.

Rather than take a supplements, wouldnt it be better to take small amounts of this daily or weekly?

I dont see the issue in it. Apart from the insanely amount of cholesterol in brain, which should be fine as long as we dont cook it for too long (as it oxidizes)

i want to see how this can potentially help my severe chronic fatigue.
Brain is a very rich source of steroids, so why not. Plus, it's a whole food source, which I think is superior to isolated hormones. Give it a try. Brains have been consumed for since forever.
However, I don't know of any study that actually analyzed how much steroids is in a piece of brain.

OP
Y

yoshiesque

Brain is a very rich source of steroids, so why not. Plus, it's a whole food source, which I think is superior to isolated hormones. Give it a try. Brains have been consumed for since forever.
However, I don't know of any study that actually analyzed how much steroids is in a piece of brain.

Thank you i will give it a try. Bloody getting desperate to fix my fatigue/hyperactivity issues, doing that and trying to lose 25kg ive gained is near impossible. So I think hormones should be addressed first. Will let u guys know how ti goes

SOMO

You'd also be eating those horrible pituitary hormones though...

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thank you i will give it a try. Bloody getting desperate to fix my fatigue/hyperactivity issues, doing that and trying to lose 25kg ive gained is near impossible. So I think hormones should be addressed first. Will let u guys know how ti goes
So you're fatigued and hyperactive at the same time? Like wired but tired?

Waynish

My judgement on brains as a food is based on my lack of taste for it when trying it a couple times.

I ate lamb brain a few times. Made me relaxed and somewhat spaced out. Good stuff. Boil them a few minutes and make scrambled eggs, just don't overcook em - you'll barely taste them. Tried them raw out of curiosity - texture was very weird, but barely had any taste.

OP
Y

yoshiesque

So you're fatigued and hyperactive at the same time? Like wired but tired?
Yes I have had underlying ADHD my whole life. I am now 35. I got diagnosed last year but have had Chronic Fatigue for the last 5 years. Before CFS started, I had insomnia (very severe) for like 3 years or so. I suspect that consistent poor sleep and running on adrenaline lead to the CFS. And insomnia was because of the ADHD. I am always a hyperactive person even as a kid.

A.R

Yes I have had underlying ADHD my whole life. I am now 35. I got diagnosed last year but have had Chronic Fatigue for the last 5 years. Before CFS started, I had insomnia (very severe) for like 3 years or so. I suspect that consistent poor sleep and running on adrenaline lead to the CFS. And insomnia was because of the ADHD. I am always a hyperactive person even as a kid.
Have you tried eating a small amount of liver on a daily basis?

Have you had any experience with buteyko breathing?

I'm also suffering from similar problems as you describe

I would be wary of unknown prions

+1
Mad cow disease, Kuru and who knows what else.

But actually there is a medication being produced since 1970s called Cerebrolysin. It's neuropeptides derived from pig brain.
EVER Pharma | EVER Pharma

Overview Cerebrolysin

Chinese Traditional Medicine also includes brains.

I think peptide hormones are inactivated by digestive enzymes in oral consumption.

Chicken Meat ACE-Inhibitors Peptides

Some are active

Hans

Forum Supporter
Your symptoms sound a lot like excess acetylcholine and overactive adrenergic system.
Excess acetylcholine causes fatigue and even paralysis during REM sleep when unopposed. It also contributes to a condition called myasthenia gravis.

The adrenergic system causes ADHD and insomnia. You'd have to look at the noradrenaline/adrenaline ratio to see if the adrenals are overactive or if it's the neural adrenergic system. Have you tested insulin levels, fasting glucose, free fatty acids and trigs?
I would think that it could possibly be overactive areas of the brain that are creating noradrenaline and adrenaline in high amounts.

Two of the supplements that could help oppose the cholinergic and adrenergic systems are adamantane/amantadine and agmatine.
Amantadine, and possibly adamantane as well, can inhibit the cholinergic system and the agmatine can inhibit the adrenergic system in the brain.
Have you tried any of these supplements before?

Last edited:

SOMO

I think peptide hormones are inactivated by digestive enzymes in oral consumption.

RP has mentioned that current medical dogma is that all proteins are digested into amino acids, but this is obviously not true because even whey protein contains some of those immunoglobulins/whey peptides which are shown to be present in the blood and supposedly modulate the immune system.

Same thing with Casomorphins/Gluteomorphins which are present in the blood, brain and spinal fluid after consumption.

Some percentage of Peptides are definitely absorbed in their whole form, same thing with steroid hormones present in animal foods.

The hormones are inactivated by the liver though.

A.R

Your symptoms sound a lot like excess acetylcholine and overactive adrenergic system.
Excess acetylcholine causes fatigue and even paralysis during REM sleep when unopposed. It also contributes to a condition called myasthenia gravis.

The adrenergic system causes ADHD and insomnia. You'd have to look at the noradrenaline/adrenaline ratio to see if the adrenals are overactive or if it's the neural adrenergic system. Have you tested insulin levels, fasting glucose, free fatty acids and trigs?
I would think that it could possibly be overactive areas of the brain that are creating noradrenaline and adrenaline in high amounts.

Two of the supplements that could help oppose the cholinergic and adrenergic systems are adamantane/amantadine and agmatine.
Amantadine, and possibly adamantane as well, can inhibit the cholinergic system and the agmatine can inhibit the adrenergic system in the brain.
Have you tried any of these supplements before?
Could you recommend anything OTC please instead of them chemicals

A.R

You can get agmatine OTC and Idealabs sells adamantane.
Could a person increase agmatine levels by supplementing arginine or maybe creatine (I think creatine is made up of arginine)? Thank you