Best Shower Filter

paymanz

What is Dr peat's view on this subject?

Especially I want know what he thinks about inhaled chloride from showering?!

Queequeg

interesting discussion here from @charlie . ". Doing It Every Day(soap) Is An "Endocrine Disrupter. "

Sabine said:
How much of a concern is fluoride in showering/bath water?"
Ray Peat said:
"I don't think it's a problem. The soaps and shampoos people use are worse problems. Just washing the skin with pure soap alters the skin's endocrine function for days. and doing it every day is an "endocrine disrupter," even if there are no toxic additives in the soap."

With that said I think that breathing in chloramines in the showers still isn't a good idea and a vitamin c filter makes a lot of sense to me... going soap-less is a whole other issue.:cow:. I've been using olive oil soap (ingredients olive oil and salt) but after reading the above thread I may take more water only showers and/or reserve soap use for the most deserving parts.

"Research conducted on the health effects of chlorinated drinking water have demonstrated a variety of toxicity issues. Several studies have found that communities using chlorinated or chloraminated drinking water have an increased risk of bladder, kidney, and rectal cancers. (4, 5, 6) THMs from chemically treated water have been associated with a variety of poor birth outcomes, such as spontaneous abortion, birth defects, and low birth weight. (7) Chlorine and chloramine vapors are associated with greater risk of asthma, and may damage the mucosal lining of the respiratory tract. (8) Free radicals in chlorinated water have been linked to liver malfunction, weakening of the immune system and pre-arteriosclerotic changes in arteries. (9)" Is your daily shower making you sick?

Last edited:

paymanz

Ray doesn't seem to be concerned about chloride in general,as he has no problem with chloride content of salt!?

But inhaled chloride maybe different?!

Queequeg

its all about what its attached to....inorganic chloride ions are very different from organochlorides.

:M :B.

Build your own shower filter. I rarely hit a home runs on the great ideas, but I think I figured it out here.

Attachments

• BUILDOFTHESHOWERFILTERVOIDNME.pdf
    24.7 MB · Views: 230
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals