Best route of administration for pregnenolone to boost cortisol?

Judd Crane

I've found topical usage to be more relaxing than oral, but I don't know if this means oral is better suited to boost cortisol. Any input on this?

I've found topical usage to be more relaxing than oral, but I don't know if this means oral is better suited to boost cortisol. Any input on this?
Why would you want to boost cortisol?

“Cortisol also curbs functions that would be nonessential or harmful in a fight-or-flight situation. It alters immune system responses and suppresses the digestive system, the reproductive system and growth processes.”

OP
Judd Crane

Judd Crane

Why would you want to boost cortisol?

“Cortisol also curbs functions that would be nonessential or harmful in a fight-or-flight situation. It alters immune system responses and suppresses the digestive system, the reproductive system and growth processes.”

I suspect I have low cortisol.

Jessie

I've found that personally the best way to do steroids is to either dissolve them in DMSO and use it topically, or dissolving it in tocopherol and using it orally.

The former has a 90% absorption rate through dermal. The latter is absorbed through the chylomicrons and transported to all your tissues.

Unfortunately pregnenolone doesn't dissolve well in any solvent, lol. Ray once stated that using it in powder form is the most economical, and I tend to agree with that.

Also I think you should test your levels before assuming you have low cortisol. This could just as easily be a problem with low progesterone or low DHEA.

I think progesterone can also increase cortisol as well (if it's low).

B

Blaze

I suspect I have low cortisol.
Low cortisol is a good thing unless it's pathologically low like in Addison's disease.
Cortisol can be measured. Don't guess, get tested and see if you are low first. No sense in treating yourself for a condition you might not even have.
You should find out if you have low cortisol levels and/or a problem with your adrenals or pituitary before you assume that you have cortisol at low enough levels that it requires treatment.

metamorph

I'm in topical steroid withdrawal at the moment. My body has been dependence on an exogenous topical steroid for the majority of my life. When I decided to come off of it I experienced HPA-Axis suppression. My body continues to flare partially because it's not properly producing its own cortisol. What would be helpful in this situation? Thanks

OP
Judd Crane

Judd Crane

I'm in topical steroid withdrawal at the moment. My body has been dependence on an exogenous topical steroid for the majority of my life. When I decided to come off of it I experienced HPA-Axis suppression. My body continues to flare partially because it's not properly producing its own cortisol. What would be helpful in this situation? Thanks
Check this out.

metamorph

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals