Best Resources To Learn Buteyko Breathing / Proper Breathing Techniques?

Collden

Aerobic exercise with strict nasal breathing, it will improve your breathing 24/7.

tara

I found normalbreathing informative.
Have also liked some of Patrick McKeown's approach.
Can't compare with others.
Attend to mechanics - use nose and diaphragm. I used props to begin with, and they helped.
Walking with reduced breathing seems good for me.
I haven't pursued it very far, but have had benefit.

evanjones

Here is the easiest way I know.
I should be able to explain this in a few sentences.
Dr Majid Ali calls this "feather breathing".
- Take a deep breath and imagine you have a feather in front of your pursed lips.
- Take a deep breath then breath out sloooowly.
- Aim for 6 breaths/minute. Use a pencil, paper and a seconds timer to keep track.
- One breath every 10 seconds is pretty easy
- As you become more relaxed, try to slow down. I can easily get to 2 x minute.

Try doing this in traffic while waiting at red lights.
You will arrive at your destination in a calm state.

Is it just me, or does Patrick breathe really heavily in this video? Does he actually have optimal breathing patterns?
Yes Patrick speaks and breathes in a perfect manner. Another person to watch for perfect breathing and speaking is Brian Tracy & Marissa Peer the hypnotherapist. Patrick does not hyperventilate at all when he speaks unlike Danny Roddy, Georgi Dinkov (Haidut), Dr Shawn Baker & many more YouTubers. People usually hyperventilate when they speak unless they speak slower and naturally pause. This is by no means criticism of these people it is an observation as a Buteyko Instructor. Many factors affect our breathing, one of which is coffee and high protein low carb diet. Ray Peat diet can do wonders for flogged thyroid metabolism and energy but it will not prevent hyperventilation & with some people, it can induce more hyperventilation due to adrenaline overdrive by taking T3 Cytomel when one does not need it & drinking coffee more in order to stimulate metabolism. This does not always work for everyone. I have been following Ray Peat since 2009 and when I became a Buteyko instructor in 2016 it was only then that my body temperature went up. It was only then that I started to sleep really really well. It could be a coincidence but I believe it is due to more CO2 in my blood which means my liver, my brain and muscles are getting more oxygen which improves 200 biochemical pathways. In Wellness!