Best Resources To Learn Buteyko Breathing / Proper Breathing Techniques?

I like normalbreathing.com but ignore Artour's newfound love of keto.

I do hate to say it, but it is much easier with a coach. Can you find one?

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

I like normalbreathing.com but ignore Artour's newfound love of keto.

I do hate to say it, but it is much easier with a coach. Can you find one?

These pages looks awesome. Can't wait to dig into this.

Your posts about how Buteyko breathing helped you when dealing with the Coronavirus was what motivated me to start learning these techniques. Thank you Hamster!

I wish I could get a coach! There are a few in my country, but everyone seems to promote hyperventilation. Will keep looking further.

These pages looks awesome. Can't wait to dig into this.

Your posts about how Buteyko breathing helped you when dealing with the Coronavirus was what motivated me to start learning these techniques. Thank you Hamster!

I wish I could get a coach! There are a few in my country, but everyone seems to promote hyperventilation. Will keep looking further.

glad to hear it. Good luck!

I did a lot on my own but the coaches were helpful beyond measure.

Zpol

I was looking for Buteyko tutorials as well. I came across Patrick Mckeown, he's one of the more well known Buteyko instructors and he's got a lot of material available for free on the internet. I found this vid to be very interesting, especially in context of the current coronavirus situation. He mentions nitric oxide as beneficial though, not really really sure what think about that just yet.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

I used a watch, now a cell phone, and counted one breath every ten seconds, then 15, then 20. Good enough.
The simplest solutions are usually the best :): Did it changed your breathing patterns permanently? Do you feel any health benefits from this? How often do you practice?

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

I was looking for Buteyko tutorials as well. I came across Patrick Mckeown, he's one of the more well known Buteyko instructors and he's got a lot of material available for free on the internet. I found this vid to be very interesting, especially in context of the current coronavirus situation. He mentions nitric oxide as beneficial though, not really really sure what think about that just yet.

Great find, thank you!

Uselis

Hmmm, definitely not expert on subject so take it lightly but Frolov device inventor created such tool for precisely this exact reason: complexity in mastering traditional method and as a result needing coach.

Frolov device supposed to be easy "do it yourself" method.

Goodluck!

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

Is it just me, or does Patrick breathe really heavily in this video? Does he actually have optimal breathing patterns?

hearsay

Is it just me, or does Patrick breathe really heavily in this video? Does he actually have optimal breathing patterns?

He mouth breathes throughout his entire ted talks if I remember correctly.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

Hmmm, definitely not expert on subject so take it lightly but Frolov device inventor created such tool for precisely this exact reason: complexity in mastering traditional method and as a result needing coach.

Frolov device supposed to be easy "do it yourself" method.

Goodluck!
I'm curious, have you personally used the device? What are your experiences? Did it helped you improve your breathing?

Uselis

I'm curious, have you personally used the device? What are your experiences? Did it helped you improve your breathing?

I have mixed up results but I am dealing with oversensitive nervous system. For example successful Frolov session reduces my polyps alot and brings back smell but I then have insomnia.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

I have mixed up results but I am dealing with oversensitive nervous system. For example successful Frolov session reduces my polyps alot and brings back smell but I then have insomnia.
Thank you for sharing your experiences! After reading a bit about the device, I have bought one (they are under $20 on eBay).

Could it be that your insomnia is a sign of some healing proccess going on in your body?

Lizb

Uselis

Thank you for sharing your experiences! After reading a bit about the device, I have bought one (they are under $20 on eBay).

Could it be that your insomnia is a sign of some healing proccess going on in your body?

I'd say it's more likely result of injured nervous system and trusting psychiatrists who then ran multiple different drugs on me. So as a result it's hard to predict how I will react to something.

Like for example Frolov breathing recommended before sleep as it improves sleep quality but for me it would mean restless night.

Anyway if you don't have such sensitivities, start slow, read theory behind it and reap the benefits ☺

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals