Best Recommended Tanning Bed?

Cirion

So I have been toying with the idea of buying myself a tanning bed, but don't wanna break the bank.

Anyone have much experience with owning one, can recommend one that's good but also fairly cheap (Maybe less than $500?)

Blossom

Forum Supporter
So I have been toying with the idea of buying myself a tanning bed, but don't wanna break the bank.

Anyone have much experience with owning one, can recommend one that's good but also fairly cheap (Maybe less than $500?)

I'm not sure about owning one but here's a good article on figuring out if the bulbs emit enough uvb for the body to produce vitamin D. Basically in the U.S. your looking for 5%.

Indoor Tanning For Vitamin D - The Tanning Blog

Per Hollick:

"At one time, indoor-tanning facilities used equipment that emitted high-intensity UVB radiation.
When UVB radiation was linked to basal-cell and squamous cell skin cancer, the industry switched to UVA-only “high-pressure” lamps, which were considered safe because they didn’t cause burning. Then it was discovered that UVA radiation may contribute to melanoma and wrinkles, as well as increase the risk of nonmelanoma skin cancer. Therefore, the trend in recent times has been toward low-pressure and medium-pressure lamps that emit a balance of UVA and UVB radiation (94 percent to 97.5 percent UVA and 2.5 percent to 6 percent UVB) that replicates natural sunshine."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals