Best Place To Live In USA

southcesar

Would anyone know what is the best city / state in the united states for peating? Considering mainly sun, heat and air quality?

Energizer

Maybe somewhere like Colorado (Boulder), New Mexico (Santa Fe) or Arizona (Flagstaff), since they all are mountainous and are sunny most of the year and they have a reasonable amount of amentities and university library. They all get pretty hot in the summer though. At higher elevation there's mostly just small ski resort and mining towns, which would be ideal for health but I'm not sure about the availability of amenities or how OK you are with living in a sparsely populated region.

Last edited:

BearWithMe

Northwest America have the best air quality. Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Dakota, Nebraska, Minesota. East coast have the worst air quality.

But in any part of USA you will generally have better air than in Europe.

Ray lives in Oregon and I think he lives there for very good reason.

l2quK1J.png

achillea

Maybe somewhere like Colorado (Boulder), New Mexico (Santa Fe) or Arizona (Flagstaff), since they all are mountainous and are sunny most of the year and they have a reasonable amount of amentities and university library. They all get pretty hot in the summer though. At higher elevation there's mostly just small ski resort and mining towns, which would be ideal for health but I'm not sure about the availability of amenities or how OK you are with living in a sparsely populated region.

Colorado resorts are discusstingly liberal. The one I live in votes 85% Communist every year, The local council is like a nanny. Sign at the start of town says your civil liberties are protected here. They fail to mention only the ones they agree with. A new sign just went up saying "spread the love not the virus.

If that is what you want then move to overpriced hypocritclal resorts in Colorado

gaze

If your rich, Newport Beach/Orange County isn’t bad. Depends on if you want elevation

Energizer

Colorado resorts are discusstingly liberal. The one I live in votes 85% Communist every year, The local council is like a nanny. Sign at the start of town says your civil liberties are protected here. They fail to mention only the ones they agree with. A new sign just went up saying "spread the love not the virus.

If that is what you want then move to overpriced hypocritclal resorts in Colorado

Exactly the nannystate, seems almost everywhere in America except for a few states with governors who refused to lock down.

Last edited:

lampofred

I think Vermont and Wyoming have the lowest incidence of neurological diseases (Alzheimer's and Parkinson's) and I feel like that might be a proxy for the quality of the environment...

Aside from that, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona (as mentioned above) have some reasonably populated cities at high altitude, especially Colorado.

achillea

Trinidad Colorado, Raton New Mexico, Las Vegas New Mexico, Cortez Colorado smaller but altitude and good attitude

Lejeboca

What do you guys think of Southern Utah? Cedar City, in particular? It is on a decent elevation (5000ft or ~1700m), warm, away from a big-city craze (maybe, less 5G there). Thoughts/experiences?
From experience of visiting Utah and talking to non-mormons there, no problem for people to live there and who are not mormons.

What made me look at Utah is that they don't have a harsh lockdown like NM or Co do. Originally, I was dreaming of NM. Not anymore :-(.

tfcjesse

Are high altitude environments decidedly better than sea level tropical beach environments for quality of life and health optimization?

Always thought going in the ocean was a health boon...

BearWithMe

Are high altitude environments decidedly better than sea level tropical beach environments for quality of life and health optimization?

Always thought going in the ocean was a health boon...
High altitude = more CO2. Personally, I prefer sea level too, because you can get more CO2 by Buteyko breathing and enjoy the benefits of beach environment at the same time, so it is the best of both worlds.

Lejeboca

Wanted to bump this thread by adding an idea.
I am planning to relocate some time next year to a more rural, conservative area with some good altitude and not a cold climate, and try to live as self-sufficiently as possible. I feel that this is the best way to avoid/minimize adhesion to the TakeOvertheWorlders with their vaccines and wearable AI.
To me South west VA or south WV look attractive a a mix all the above points. Plus there are good farming food sources around there and little of any 'G's, also since I am on the east coast.
Perhaps, anyone on here, at RPF, wants to consider this general location (I don't have a specific place in mind yet) so that we can join forces somehow?

Lollipop2

Wanted to bump this thread by adding an idea.
I am planning to relocate some time next year to a more rural, conservative area with some good altitude and not a cold climate, and try to live as self-sufficiently as possible. I feel that this is the best way to avoid/minimize adhesion to the TakeOvertheWorlders with their vaccines and wearable AI.
To me South west VA or south WV look attractive a a mix all the above points. Plus there are good farming food sources around there and little of any 'G's, also since I am on the east coast.
Perhaps, anyone on here, at RPF, wants to consider this general location (I don't have a specific place in mind yet) so that we can join forces somehow?
Why not rural Texas? No state income tax, great food and local farms.

Lejeboca

Why not rural Texas? No state income tax, great food and local farms.

I was spooked by harsh lockdown rules imposed in the summer and thought that there is not much altitude + too dry heat. But I will look into west of Texas more.

Michael Mohn

The Köppen Geiger climate map might be helpful to find good locations. Temperate Mediterranean climate is the most desired generally.