Best Place To Live In USA

Davsey85

Rural South Florida in the winter..Rural Georgia in the summer

Hawaii

Oceans,Forests,woods,streams,living around ions very good.Sunlight important as well as one can tolerate

Any environment that can help with mitochondrial redox, low mold,air pollution

BearWithMe

What do you like about Las Vegas, @achillea ? It's an intriguing selection amongst your other choices. I am wondering, what's so Peaty about it?
Don't want to speak for achillea but I would like to live in LA too. It has some of the highest standard of living and the highest concentration of high status people in the world. That probably trumps everything else in the terms of health and lifetime expectancy.

yerrag

Wanted to bump this thread by adding an idea.
I am planning to relocate some time next year to a more rural, conservative area with some good altitude and not a cold climate, and try to live as self-sufficiently as possible. I feel that this is the best way to avoid/minimize adhesion to the TakeOvertheWorlders with their vaccines and wearable AI.
To me South west VA or south WV look attractive a a mix all the above points. Plus there are good farming food sources around there and little of any 'G's, also since I am on the east coast.
Perhaps, anyone on here, at RPF, wants to consider this general location (I don't have a specific place in mind yet) so that we can join forces somehow?
Always loved West Virginia. Mountains, and the rivers. Probably you have to tough it out in the winter, but that keeps the liberal coasters away.

They have helicopters as their ambulances as well.

People are friendly and practical. And one thing I know is that they're not close-minded. But that's a relative thing, as the liberal coast has become so suffocating that you would welcome very much the unpolluted minds.

Perry Staltic

Northwest America have the best air quality. Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Dakota, Nebraska, Minesota. East coast have the worst air quality.

l2quK1J.png

What's that map showing? What is being measured?

Last edited:

koky

Vermont : more cows than people, beautiful green mountains, super independent strong people,
more bookstores (small independent) per capita, most rural state, more farms per capita, robust and growing organic food movement and farm to table in u.s., and liquid gold: maple syrup!

achillea

Wide open spaces, close to Sante Fe for culture and organic food, wilds to the west and affordable

Lejeboca

People are friendly and practical. And one thing I know is that they're not close-minded. But that's a relative thing, as the liberal coast has become so suffocating that you would welcome very much the unpolluted minds.

Thank you for your comment.
Good to know that people in WVa are friendly and open-minded. I was a bit spooked that this is a "high drug" state due to the lack of job opportunities. But maybe, it's too general of a statement, at it is no worse than somewhere in the midwest.
Another attraction is that WVa has no-wifi/mobile quiet, zone next to the NRAO (radio observatory).

Yeah, winters may be tough, especially since this would be a north-bound move for me. I will go and check it our once they are through with snow for this winter :):

Lejeboca

Wide open spaces, close to Sante Fe for culture and organic food, wilds to the west and affordable
I am scratching NM from my list -- vary saidly -- due to how the governess handled lockdowns (almost like NZ). I am afraid this will be continued post-her also.
Otherwise, I love NM. Smaller wide open spaces there would be my choice, indeed.

TradClare

We have friends in Ft. Myers who grow tons of fruits, sugar cane, yucca, and more on less than 1/2 acre in a neighborhood. They have 7 kids and hardly buy anything fresh most of the year. I think South Florida is amazing even in the summer and there are tax breaks if you put a cow or goats on your land. The people on the gulf side tend to be friendlier and more faithful than the other side. Night and day culture difference crossing the state

Regina

We have friends in Ft. Myers who grow tons of fruits, sugar cane, yucca, and more on less than 1/2 acre in a neighborhood. They have 7 kids and hardly buy anything fresh most of the year. I think South Florida is amazing even in the summer and there are tax breaks if you put a cow or goats on your land. The people on the gulf side tend to be friendlier and more faithful than the other side. Night and day culture difference crossing the state
I'm partial to a little northeast of there. The land near the Ocala National Forest--between the forest and the sea is great land.

achillea

I am scratching NM from my list -- vary saidly -- due to how the governess handled lockdowns (almost like NZ). I am afraid this will be continued post-her also.
Otherwise, I love NM. Smaller wide open spaces there would be my choice, indeed.
Agree, it is a heavy welfare state so the voters are very prone to look to nanny state.

DrJ

Agree, it is a heavy welfare state so the voters are very prone to look to nanny state.
Is it? I've been thinking of buying land near ruidoso and having a place there. But I'm hesitant to tie myself to NM because I think modern left leadership will drive it into the ground.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
We’ve been seriously considering moving to west Texas after visiting my daughter there last spring. We also visited her in November of 2019 and the weather (& sunshine) was amazing. I’m open to other states out west as well. New Mexico seems promising too. My husband likes the city of El Paso but I’m not sure about that one.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Does anyone have an opinion on the suburbs of Tucson, Arizona? My husband has an interview for a job there and the climate seems appealing. My current job has locations in the area as well so I could possibly transfer if all goes well. I’m thinking it would certainly be better than the brutal Indiana winters! Any input is greatly appreciated.

gaze

Does anyone have an opinion on the suburbs of Tucson, Arizona? My husband has an interview for a job there and the climate seems appealing. My current job has locations in the area as well so I could possibly transfer if all goes well. I’m thinking it would certainly be better than the brutal Indiana winters! Any input is greatly appreciated.
my friends went to college there, i visited a couple times. it's really nice, nice people and weather. but it's pretty lowkey, it's considered a more "boring" town, but that's from the perspective of college kids. up by the mountains gets really nice and quite expensive from what i remember. also youd be fairly close to other big areas should you want a more "lively" place, scottsdale and phoenix for example for day trips. i personally would live there if i had a family or wanted to retire. it's a common retirement spot i think

Last edited:

Lollipop2

We’ve been seriously considering moving to west Texas after visiting my daughter there last spring. We also visited her in November of 2019 and the weather (& sunshine) was amazing. I’m open to other states out west as well. New Mexico seems promising too. My husband likes the city of El Paso but I’m not sure about that one.
Hi @Blossom, I did my undergraduate work at UofA Tucson. I simply loved it - stayed 4 years. My only downside was the dryness and how I believe it harmed my skin. Of course I was bike racing and doing triathlons then outside which was fun. But the dryness on the skin is a thing.

If you guys end up there, I think you will enjoy it like @gaze said.

Texas is also a good choice. Now with how amazing Gov DeSantis has been, Florida seems attractive. Good luck!

Cloudhands

I live in las cruces new mexico, very close to el paso. I dont really like the culture or the people here. Everyone is obsessed with big box capitalism (fast food, target, walmart, etc) the farmers market has a really miniscule amount of food, and everyone drives around with big trucks and those sooped up cars that sound super loud when they accellerate. I have a million more complaints. The mountains tho are beautiful, and its extremely affordable. I personally want to live somewhere more tropical tho, maybe puerto rico lol