Best Place To Live In USA

Discussion in 'Altitude, Weather' started by Cesar Motta, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Cesar Motta

Cesar Motta Member

Would anyone know what is the best city / state in the united states for peating? Considering mainly sun, heat and air quality?

2. Energizer

Energizer Member

Maybe somewhere like Colorado (Boulder), New Mexico (Santa Fe) or Arizona (Flagstaff), since they all are mountainous and are sunny most of the year and they have a reasonable amount of amentities and university library. They all get pretty hot in the summer though. At higher elevation there's mostly just small ski resort and mining towns, which would be ideal for health but I'm not sure about the availability of amenities or how OK you are with living in a sparsely populated region.

3. L_C

L_C Member

Lake Tahoe/Sierras

4. Inaut

Inaut Member

5. JanP

JanP Member

Northwest America have the best air quality. Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Dakota, Nebraska, Minesota. East coast have the worst air quality.

But in any part of USA you will generally have better air than in Europe.

Ray lives in Oregon and I think he lives there for very good reason.

[​IMG]

6. lvysaur

lvysaur Member

Less population = less industry = less pollution

7. achillea

achillea Member

Colorado resorts are discusstingly liberal. The one I live in votes 85% Communist every year, The local council is like a nanny. Sign at the start of town says your civil liberties are protected here. They fail to mention only the ones they agree with. A new sign just went up saying "spread the love not the virus.

If that is what you want then move to overpriced hypocritclal resorts in Colorado

8. commas

commas Member

If your rich, Newport Beach/Orange County isn’t bad. Depends on if you want elevation

9. GeoX

GeoX Member

10. Energizer

Energizer Member

Exactly the nannystate, seems almost everywhere in America except for a few states with governors who refused to lock down.

11. lampofred

lampofred Member

I think Vermont and Wyoming have the lowest incidence of neurological diseases (Alzheimer's and Parkinson's) and I feel like that might be a proxy for the quality of the environment...

Aside from that, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona (as mentioned above) have some reasonably populated cities at high altitude, especially Colorado.

12. achillea

achillea Member

Trinidad Colorado, Raton New Mexico, Las Vegas New Mexico, Cortez Colorado smaller but altitude and good attitude

13. Lejeboca

Lejeboca Member

What do you guys think of Southern Utah? Cedar City, in particular? It is on a decent elevation (5000ft or ~1700m), warm, away from a big-city craze (maybe, less 5G there). Thoughts/experiences?
    From experience of visiting Utah and talking to non-mormons there, no problem for people to live there and who are not mormons.

What made me look at Utah is that they don't have a harsh lockdown like NM or Co do. Originally, I was dreaming of NM. Not anymore :-(.

14. tfcjesse

tfcjesse Member

Are high altitude environments decidedly better than sea level tropical beach environments for quality of life and health optimization?

Always thought going in the ocean was a health boon...

15. JanP

JanP Member

High altitude = more CO2. Personally, I prefer sea level too, because you can get more CO2 by Buteyko breathing and enjoy the benefits of beach environment at the same time, so it is the best of both worlds.