Best Peat Friendly Fast Food Choices/Places

Green Dot

I've noticed that almost everything at your average fast food place is filled with PUFA's.

What's a menu option or place that's safer for a Ray Peat diet?

I've noticed that almost everything at your average fast food place is filled with PUFA's.

What's a menu option or place that's safer for a Ray Peat diet?
Yeah that is a tough one. I don't imagine there is anything Peaty, except maybe a milkshake, if it is really is a basic milkshake? Otherwise the best option would be an order of cheese topped fries or a lettuce wrapped cheesebuger with a coke and take an asprin with it :/

Bluemachine

Yeah that is a tough one. I don't imagine there is anything Peaty, except maybe a milkshake, if it is really is a basic milkshake? Otherwise the best option would be an order of cheese topped fries or a lettuce wrapped cheesebuger with a coke and take an asprin with it :/
what's the reasoning for aspirin in this situation?

tac a wah

I read that the fast food chain,BUFFALO WINGS, uses no PUFA'S, but only beef fat (tallow) in everything they use oil or fat.

Birdie

I read that the fast food chain,BUFFALO WINGS, uses no PUFA'S, but only beef fat (tallow) in everything they use oil or fat.
Problem is that Ray's pointed out that beef tallow has a lot of pufa nowadays, but I guess you have to "choose from the menu" as a good doctor told me once.

Yeah, but the cheap corn and soy fed chicken defeats the purpose. Maybe if they fry their fries in that same oil that could be a good option?

schultz

Problem is that Ray's pointed out that beef tallow has a lot of pufa nowadays, but I guess you have to "choose from the menu" as a good doctor told me once.

I don't think it does have a lot of PUFA compared to grass-fed. Potentially lower even. Unless they use bypass oils which is likely rare in commercial feed.

I don't think it does have a lot of PUFA compared to grass-fed. Potentially lower even. Unless they use bypass oils which is likely rare in commercial feed.
How is chicken lower in PUFA fed high PUFA and estrogen laden corn and soy vs bugs?

When Ray Peat talks about chicken being high and PUFA's and it being bad what do you think he meant?

Missenger

I'm not really sure, glyphosate poisoned crap is pretty inflammatory whether it's cow, lamb or chicken, Ray was always mentioning ruminant stomachs being able to filter out some of the poisons but he was always mentioning milk and Strontium along with that. I agree with him in that the 'collagen-rich' cuts are naturally less allergenic and less estrogenic, less inflammatory.

I'm not really sure, glyphosate poisoned crap is pretty inflammatory whether it's cow, lamb or chicken, Ray was always mentioning ruminant stomachs being able to filter out some of the poisons but he was always mentioning milk and Strontium along with that. I agree with him in that the 'collagen-rich' cuts are naturally less allergenic and less estrogenic, less inflammatory.
That is why I feel good about eating those oxtails. Meatloaf I put in gelatin to try to balance it. I ate a lot of lamb the other day and felt pretty crappy for a couple of days. Ground meat doesn't feel nearly as good as a fresh defrosted steak cooked rare. Are you meat eater?

schultz

When Ray Peat talks about chicken being high and PUFA's and it being bad what do you think he meant?

The person I was replying to mentioned tallow, so I was specifically talking about cows. Chickens are completely different of course.

Does glyphosate stick around in the body as a residue? I think it's water soluble so it's likely excreted quickly and not stored like other petsicides, so I assume it's not present in and meaningful amount in meat. I am just assuming though, I don't actually know and have never looked into it much.

Missenger

The person I was replying to mentioned tallow, so I was specifically talking about cows. Chickens are completely different of course.

Does glyphosate stick around in the body as a residue? I think it's water soluble so it's likely excreted quickly and not stored like other petsicides, so I assume it's not present in and meaningful amount in meat. I am just assuming though, I don't actually know and have never looked into it much.
They made this huge ruckus about Roundup causing cancer on all of the propaganda channels since a black guy developed lymphoma spraying it all over himself and got awarded millions of dollars in court over it (he never got most of it), he was probably using a hose like the big merchant factory farmers usually do.

Glyphosate is a synthetic glycine protein pesticide, not exactly something Dr. Ray would trust. Too many stories about mutated offspring and people developing tumors from farm runoff for years before the court case kept popping up on tv from lawyers wanting a paycheck.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

schultz

They made this huge ruckus about Roundup causing cancer on all of the propaganda channels since a black guy developed lymphoma spraying it all over himself and got awarded millions of dollars in court over it (he never got most of it), he was probably using a hose like the big merchant factory farmers usually do.

Glyphosate is a synthetic glycine protein pesticide, not exactly something Dr. Ray would trust. Too many stories about mutated offspring and people developing tumors from farm runoff for years before the court case kept popping up on tv from lawyers wanting a paycheck.

The point I was trying to make is that it might not be present in meat in any meaningful amount. I know it's harmful if you ingest it, or come into contact with it. I think the damage would happen relatively quickly instead of being stored in your bodyfat and building up in your system like a fat soluble pesticide.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

No apology necessary!

The point I was trying to make is that it might not be present in meat in any meaningful amount. I know it's harmful if you ingest it, or come into contact with it. I think the damage would happen relatively quickly instead of being stored in your bodyfat and building up in your system like a fat soluble pesticide.

No apology necessary!

Oh good :)

Birdie

That is why I feel good about eating those oxtails. Meatloaf I put in gelatin to try to balance it. I ate a lot of lamb the other day and felt pretty crappy for a couple of days. Ground meat doesn't feel nearly as good as a fresh defrosted steak cooked rare. Are you meat eater?
Agree. I've the same responses.

There are so many land mines to dodge eating fast food, making PUFA 's seem like the least of our problem partaking in that convenient MSG laden experience. Here is a list of some restaurants that are using meats "less" antibiotic ridden.

jdr75bulldog

This is true. Remember someone tried to sue Buffalo Wild Wings because they were using beef tallow as their frying agent.