Best Oyster Brand

Josh

Just about to make an order on IHERB for a few things, noticed they sell Crown Prince Natural, Whole Oysters, Packed In Water..Crown Prince Natural, Whole Oysters, Packed In Water, 8 oz (226 g) Is this one ready to eat? Are they boiled?

Or is it just better go for the Smoked and packed in olive oil version? Are these ready to eat? Crown Prince Natural, Smoked Oysters, In Olive Oil, 3 oz (85 g)

Now being in the uk, are these the best bet anyway for oysters? Or is there a better supplier here of wild oysters? Preferably ready to eat.

gaze

Both of those are ready to eat and most likely the best ready to eat oysters you can get unless you have local stores that sell fresh oysters.

MarieM

I saw Loch Fyne Oysters at ocado yesterday. live fresh 12 for £12 so a lot more expensive than the tins. Im thinking of ordering from iherb too as the UK ones all seem to be in sunflower oil. Unless do you know if washing the ones in sunflower oil is sufficient to remove most of the the PUFA? Im an RP/oyster newbie too.

Last edited:

somuch4food

I saw Loch Fyne Oysters at ocado yesterday. live fresh 12 for £12 so a lot more expensive than the tins. Im thinking of ordering from iherb too as the UK ones all seem to be in sunflower oil. Unless do you know if washing the ones in sunflower oil is sufficient to remove most of the the PUFA? Im an RP/oyster newbie too.

In my opinion even with a little PUFA oil, oysters are worth it. If you can only afford those, go for it.

Some people tend to see PUFA as pure poison, but nutrition is about balance and finding foods that work for you. Your body is able to deal with PUFA safely provided a good nutrition and no abuse.

Sefton10

Best option I’ve found in the UK is indeed the Crown Prince brand from iHerb. I usually get the chilli version. I think even with international postage they work out pretty reasonable on price given how much nutrition they provide per tin.

MarieM

In my opinion even with a little PUFA oil, oysters are worth it. If you can only afford those, go for it.

Some people tend to see PUFA as pure poison, but nutrition is about balance and finding foods that work for you. Your body is able to deal with PUFA safely provided a good nutrition and no abuse.
Thanks the tins are much more convenient and economical so will just rinse off the PUFA best I can and not worry about it.

Kray

I've bought CP for a long time. Going to give these a try- slightly better overall reviews than CP. Have looked to buy them from other than Amazon, but haven't found anywhere yet- if anyone else tries these, please report back what you think. Looks like both brands have same origin (Korea for oysters, Turkey for olive oil), although I was surprised to find that on CP's own website some of their product says it is sourced from China ) unless that is not the case anymore....

https://www.amazon.com/Otter-Kingdo...00017485&sprefix=otter+kingdom,aps,263&sr=8-1

MarieM

For the UK Ive also just found they do 1kg of frozen Oysters at Bradleysfish.com

Peachy

I like both those versions. Usually I get the olive oil because it’s good unadorned and a smaller can.

With the one canned in water, it’s good well drained with lemon juice and salt. If you have time add in some minced onion and red bell pepper and it’s a bit like ceviche!

MarieM

Great find, thank you. I'm going to order some! Do they taste nice?
They are much bigger than the tinned ones! Like twice the size, but a fair bit of water comes out when you cook them. Otherwise taste the same I guess!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals