Best Methylation Supplement for People Sensitive to Methylfolate?

I found out I was MTHFR +/+ and had high homocysteine levels.

I tried taking doses of TMG and methylfolate and would flip out from overstimulation. As Dr. Masterjohn explains it, it was like the neurological equivalent of someone "shouting in my ear with a bullhorn" after being used to a lifetime of very low methylation activity.

I tried tons of formulas. Anything containing much methylfolate set me off.

I found that 'organic lemon peel folate' worked well. I could tolerate that without too much discomfort.

Also the transdermal B12 oils from B12Oils.com worked nicely.

But overall the best formula I have found is Methyl Charge+ by Quicksilver Scientific. It has (all liposomal) B2, B12, TMG & calcium folinate,

The doses are low and liposomal delivered, the calcium folinate is gentler than methylfolate and the Lipo TMG is lower dosed than powder TMG.

I feel great on it and balanced, mood boosted but not overstimulated.

Does anyone else have any good methylation supplements for sensitive people?

Nicole

No suggestions sadly but I can’t seem to touch any methyls… aside from diet. I think the QS brand would be rough too, while low dose it’s liposomal so it has higher uptake. I’m surprised it works for you as in me it collects if I get away with it but by day 3-5, I feel like I have the peddle to the metal with the breaks on. B12 oils have a gentle approach but also collect in me, the whole cofactor thing didn’t work for me.

Sometimes I wonder- do we need it? I only know chronic illness so a terrible example but I’m curious if there is a genetic balancer elsewhere in the methylation system.

I guess you said it though, you feel better- that’s all we’re shooting for!

OP
B
Something about the Methyl Charge+ formula & delivery "just works" for me and doesn't cause issues. I have tried many others: TMG, SAMe, methylfolate,, etc.. and always had bad effects somehow or didn't get my homocysteine down. I think it's the calcium folinate and low dose yet lipo TMG that makes it tolerable for me. It also tastes good, like cinnamon.

The best one before this was Dr. Amy Yasko's All-In-One multivitamin with methylation factors... it was very gentle but it seems to be no longer on the market.

Jigsaw MagSRT is also decent. It was extended release magnesium , methylfolate, B6 and B12 in really tiny doses that were all delivered gently over 8 hours.

Kray

I found out I was MTHFR +/+ and had high homocysteine levels.

I tried taking doses of TMG and methylfolate and would flip out from overstimulation. As Dr. Masterjohn explains it, it was like the neurological equivalent of someone "shouting in my ear with a bullhorn" after being used to a lifetime of very low methylation activity.

I tried tons of formulas. Anything containing much methylfolate set me off.

I found that 'organic lemon peel folate' worked well. I could tolerate that without too much discomfort.

Also the transdermal B12 oils from B12Oils.com worked nicely.

But overall the best formula I have found is Methyl Charge+ by Quicksilver Scientific. It has (all liposomal) B2, B12, TMG & calcium folinate,

The doses are low and liposomal delivered, the calcium folinate is gentler than methylfolate and the Lipo TMG is lower dosed than powder TMG.

I feel great on it and balanced, mood boosted but not overstimulated.

Does anyone else have any good methylation supplements for sensitive people?
@BrettFromTibet

How about this one?

How are things going for you? Are you still taking the formula by QS?

btw- looks like you can still get the product you mentioned: All in One™ Multi-Vitamin / Mineral 120 Capsules

Did you see a doctor for treatment of high homocysteine, or are you going this alone? Just curious- I am approaching my problems with possibility of high homocysteine, high histamine, methylation problems (not sure but probably under- if I have high homocysteine).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom