Best method to make topical DHEA?

Green Dot

Would mixing it in olive oil be the cheapest and most effective way? And would the PUFAs from the olive oil be of concern?

IROM

Bump

You can read about which olive oils are likely fake and which are likely real. You can mix DHEA powder into warmed olive oil. At a concentration of 5 mg DHEA to 1 ml olive oil, it can take over an hour of stirring before the powder is dissolved.

OP
Green Dot

Green Dot

You can read about which olive oils are likely fake and which are likely real. You can mix DHEA powder into warmed olive oil. At a concentration of 5 mg DHEA to 1 ml olive oil, it can take over an hour of stirring before the powder is dissolved.
+1 Thanks

IROM

Magnetic stirrers are pretty cheap on Amazon. You just place a glass jar on a spinning magnet plate and insert a pill shaped magnet into the jar. It is pretty cool.

lucid&alive

A solution of DHEA + vitamin E + oil of your choice. Without the vitamin E in my experience it won't dissolve fully. I use 4.4 IU of E per mg of solute (DHEA).

retroactive

I dissolved some DHEA in 4 mL of MCT oil by gently heating it up on the stove and stirring. I forget how much DHEA right now. I found it on another thread here though

Grapelander

Discussed on another DHEA thread:

Dr. Peat talked about dermal DHEA in his interview with World Puja Foundation: (27:25)

"Solid DHEA dissolved in vitamin E, quick acting and controllable form and circulate and distribute itself without affecting liver. If you take it in crystalline powdered from, the liver will get the first opportunity to metabolize it, that’s when it most easily turns into estrogen, if it’s dissolved completely in oil, if you don’t mind eating extra olive oil, butter, coconut oil, can melt it into that."

Attachments

• Ray Peat Broadcast World Puja Foundational Hormones.docx
    34.9 KB · Views: 27

golder

Magnetic stirrers are pretty cheap on Amazon. You just place a glass jar on a spinning magnet plate and insert a pill shaped magnet into the jar. It is pretty cool.
Embarrassing, but I thought that the ‘Magnetic stirring’ setting on my heater/stirrer was broken. I’ve literally just realised from your post that you obviously have to put a magnetic shaped pill into the glass beaker in order for the stir setting to work! How stupid of me, thanks!

IROM

Embarrassing, but I thought that the ‘Magnetic stirring’ setting on my heater/stirrer was broken. I’ve literally just realised from your post that you obviously have to put a magnetic shaped pill into the glass beaker in order for the stir setting to work! How stupid of me, thanks!
Lol it took me a while to get it. No sweat

@windinthepines Can this technique be applied with any type of raw powder or tablet if we want to avoid oral intake? Thanks.

I have some DHEA from MRM, but It has rice flour in the capsule. Maybe dissolving all the ingredients in olive oil/butter/mct etc and then straining would work?

Beastmode

Would mixing it in olive oil be the cheapest and most effective way? And would the PUFAs from the olive oil be of concern?
It's the way Peat has suggested to me over the years. That and/or a good quality vitamin e work well.

I typically mix the dhea with progest-e and just enough olive oil to dissolve the powder. I usually rub it in my upper leg. The past month I've been putting some of it under my eye area as well to see how it changes the quality of the skin there. Seems to be positive so far.

Matestube

A solution of DHEA + vitamin E + oil of your choice. Without the vitamin E in my experience it won't dissolve fully. I use 4.4 IU of E per mg of solute (DHEA).
Is the tocopherol concentration going to affect how much hormones can be dissolved in the vitamin e ?
I have the choice between a 0.25% tocopherol liquid vitamin e and a 60% tocopherol liquid vitamin e.
There is obviously a big price difference, but is it worth it ?

Dave Clark

Everyone is talking about how to make it. But, how so you know what the dosage is? Is there a recipe that gives you an amount, i.e one drop = 10 mg DHEA, or something like that?

HighT

Everyone is talking about how to make it. But, how so you know what the dosage is? Is there a recipe that gives you an amount, i.e one drop = 10 mg DHEA, or something like that?
you take the dropper bottle you gonna use it (((know how many mL is))) and fill it with the solvent that is gonna be used, oil or ethanol. Than you start droping the content into another empty bottle/cup while counting every drop. Now you know how many mL is the bottle and how many drops. For example 30 mL and 90 drops.

Then dissolve the dhea lets say it is 300mg dhea in 30mL. That makes 10mg per 1ml . The drops are 90 and thiat makes 1 mL equal to 3 drops. Therefore 1 drop contains 3,3 mg of dhea

Dave Clark

you take the dropper bottle you gonna use it (((know how many mL is))) and fill it with the solvent that is gonna be used, oil or ethanol. Than you start droping the content into another empty bottle/cup while counting every drop. Now you know how many mL is the bottle and how many drops. For example 30 mL and 90 drops.

Then dissolve the dhea lets say it is 300mg dhea in 30mL. That makes 10mg per 1ml . The drops are 90 and thiat makes 1 mL equal to 3 drops. Therefore 1 drop contains 3,3 mg of dhea
Thanks. I always read that 1 ml= 20 drops liquid, that is a general measurement. I don't know how 1 ml can only be 3 drops, I have used many herbal tinctures, and most of the 1 ml droppers give approx. 20 to 30 drops.

HighT

I used this numbers for the example. I don't know how many drops are per ml. but I guess every bulb dropper is different and I'm not sure if oil would produce same number of drops as ethanol so it's better to count them.

lucid&alive

Is the tocopherol concentration going to affect how much hormones can be dissolved in the vitamin e ?
I have the choice between a 0.25% tocopherol liquid vitamin e and a 60% tocopherol liquid vitamin e.
There is obviously a big price difference, but is it worth it ?
Hey sorry this is a very late response I just noticed you mentioned me. I don't really know but I would suspect that's the case. For example I know I can make a 1:1 solution of DHEA:progesterone from Progest-E very easily. That makes it basically a 20% solution of dissolved hormones. I use unique-E as a base and I think it has about the same dissolving power.

HighT

I have some DHEA from MRM, but It has rice flour in the capsule. Maybe dissolving all the ingredients in olive oil/butter/mct etc and then straining would work?
Does someone know about this? I got also mrm 50mg and my not precise measurment shows the capsule is 400 mg so its around 350mg of rice flour.

Will that much rice flour prevent dissolving? I have tried to dissolve it in vitamin e from sunflower with olive oil this one . I was mixing it for half an hour while heating the oil - aprox 12ml with 12 capsules MRM - 600mg dhea. Whenever I stopped the sediment quickly form in the bottom. Than I gave up, strain the oil and i put the sediment in about 5ml of 95% ethanol, mix it a bit and left it for 20 minutes. After this I strained the ethanol, discarded the sediment and mix together ethanol and oil. So in the end of all the powder was looking the same amount as in the beginning. Did I made something and just cause the rice flour is 90% of the capsule thats why it was so much powder undissolved?

By the way @Dave Clark a bottle of Pansterone filled to the neck with vitE gave me 585 drops.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals