Best Magnesium Glycinate Product 2020 September

Better?

• Thornes product

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pure encapsulations product

Votes: 9 100.0%

• Total voters

Josh

Been searching for a better magnesium glycinate product with minimal filler ingredients and it was between:

Thorne Magnesium Bisglycinate OR Pure encapsulations magnesium glycinate

I messaged both companies about magnesium oxide content of the product and Pure encapsulations came back:

“The raw material in our formulation is magnesium glycinate which is derived via the west chemistry slow reaction of magnesium oxide and glycine. We do not add any additional magnesium oxide, or other forms, to our formula. The final product does not contain any oxide”

Is it a bad thing that the process that Pure encapsulations used to make glycinate does use oxide?

Thorne came back simply stating theirs does not contain oxide but i don’t like thornes filler ingredients:

Citric Acid content is 1,011mg per scoop (25%)

Monk Fruit Extract content is 158mg per scoop (4%)

So which ones better? Or does anyone have a much better product that is UK accessible?

Kray

Been searching for a better magnesium glycinate product with minimal filler ingredients and it was between:

Thorne Magnesium Bisglycinate OR Pure encapsulations magnesium glycinate

I messaged both companies about magnesium oxide content of the product and Pure encapsulations came back:

“The raw material in our formulation is magnesium glycinate which is derived via the west chemistry slow reaction of magnesium oxide and glycine. We do not add any additional magnesium oxide, or other forms, to our formula. The final product does not contain any oxide”

Is it a bad thing that the process that Pure encapsulations used to make glycinate does use oxide?

Thorne came back simply stating theirs does not contain oxide but i don’t like thornes filler ingredients:

Citric Acid content is 1,011mg per scoop (25%)

Monk Fruit Extract content is 158mg per scoop (4%)

So which ones better? Or does anyone have a much better product that is UK accessible?

Hi Josh- just found your post since I've been looking at the same form of magnesium to buy. Which of these did you go with? If I had to choose, I'd probably opt for the Thorne, given the added stuff in PE. I'm guessing the oxide issue is moot, since it becomes glycinate in the end.

Frankdee20

Thorne uses too much junk excipients in their products and fetches the same higher price as Douglas Labs, Pure Encapsulations, etc. The problem with Mag Glycinate is the only 14 percent elemental Magnesium by weight..... Someone like me who needs 500-750 MG per day, I’d have to consume 5-7 capsules per day of Glycinate.... One capsule is never more than 100-125 MG....

Frankdee20

Oxide is not bad, but don’t make it the primary source you consume.... I use Triple Mag by Vital Nutrients, and it supplies 250 MG per capsule, of Oxide, Glycinate and Malate...Excellent product

R J

Nootropics depot sells pure mag glyc powder with independent lab testing