Best Human Diet? There Is None!

LegendeLic

I searched the forum didn't find the segal guy.

Finally some asked a good question! Love how the let an algorithm figure things out!
Would like to see the same study but not with blood sugar, but maybe some hormone markers.
Still a bit confused...by the end a sample of the gut biome is enough? so my DNA is completely irrelevant?
Haven't the site where the offer this yet... maybe just glucose measuring is enough or better anyway.

Peatful

Really enjoyed this.
I think this content and its conclusion is a “must-see” for the majority of us here.

theLaw

So different people respond differently to the same food depending on various factors including current state of health, gut biome, and lifestyle.

This has been made clear many many times on this forum, and in nearly every single interview Peat has ever given.

Peatful

So different people respond differently to the same food depending on various factors including current state of health, gut biome, and lifestyle.

This has been made clear many many times on this forum, and in nearly every single interview Peat has ever given.
I agree with Peats teaching point of course.
But I don’t believe the simplicity of blood sugar regulation is a tenet embraced or a principle anchored/rooted here.

Last edited:

theLaw

I agree with Peats teaching point of course.
But I don’t believe the simplicity of blood sugar regulation is a tenet embraced or a principle anchored/rooted here.

Seriously?

It's talked about frequently on the forum.

Peatful

I would tend to think that if you have to take aspirin and thyroid to tollerate the foods you eat, there’s something wrong with the way you eat
It may be the environment too. A less-than- ideal environment may make good foods have some bad effects, for which you may need unnatural substances to make up for that.

rei

I would take his question searching even one step further: what if the wrong question to ask is what to eat? What if the most important aspect is how to eat? We all know muscles need stress to function properly. Why would the same not be true for metabolic pathways like glycogenolysis and lipolysis? Give those muscle, liver and fat cells some workout! And why not even the brain cells by switching to ketones and back? This is in fact what some recent experiments hint at:

When those overweight individuals eating more than 14 hours per day were simply instructed to curtail their eating times to only 10-11 hours, they lost weight (average 7.2 pounds) and felt better even though they were not instructed to overtly change what they ate, only when they ate.
https://www.cell.com/cell-metabolism/fulltext/S1550-4131(15)00462-3

This is intermittent fasting. Another IF study shows reversal of diabetic markers without changing calories: Early Time-Restricted Feeding Improves Insulin Sensitivity, Blood Pressure, and Oxidative Stress Even without Weight Loss in Men with Prediabetes. - PubMed - NCBI

In addition to this i believe another how? is important: To give enough time for proper digestion by eating slowly. The more processed and pre-digested your food is, the more you gain by consciously slowing down the rate of eating. Instead of inhaling the food in 10 minutes take 30. Read a newspaper, watch a tv show etc. while eating. This is especially important when breaking a fast or stopping keto.

In conclusion i would like to speculate that how you eat most probably also changes what you should eat.

Last edited: