Best Gummy Bears?

cyclops

Does anyone have a recommendation for the best gummy gelatin type snack on the market?

Madato

Can you explain why you intend to ingest this less than natural food source and quantities of sugar?
What health consequence are you expecting to draw from it?

Arnold Grape

To be fair, they turn out to be an okay snack and/ or way of keeping blood sugar elevated - I like the Trader Joe's brand if you are in USA. I don't think they're perfect, ingredient wise, but they seem to contain less of the horrible stuff and taste good. I've noticed that if you go to specialty food stores there are often brands that feature natural or organic Gummies, in small batches, which are often expensive but are also good.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

I was hoping there was a brand where the only ingredients were pretty much gelatin and sugar, so it wouldn't be that bad. I wanted to use them as a snack. I really enjoy gummy type snacks sometimes. I really like the softer ones.

raypeatclips

I was hoping there was a brand where the only ingredients were pretty much gelatin and sugar, so it wouldn't be that bad. I wanted to use them as a snack. I really enjoy gummy type snacks sometimes. I really like the softer ones.

It's fine to enjoy your food don't let people change your mind. Have a look at the back of packets in stores you shop in, you will probably be able to find some that are okay.

ddjd

Highest protein best because that means more gelatine

Zpol

Surf Sweets Gummy Bears
Description
Surf Sweets Fruity Bears are made with organic fruit juice and organic sweeteners and include 100% of Vitamin C per serving. Whether you’re looking for a great snack to share with the family, or a treat for yourself, we know that you’ll be delighted with Surf Sweets Fruity Bears. Surf Sweets is committed to offering you great tasting candy that is allergy friendly. Born in California with a mind for healthier living and a heart for a healthy planet, we are dedicated to making our delicious candies with the highest quality ingredients. In addition, Surf Sweets is a proud member of 1% for the Planet. As a member, we will donate a minimum of 1% of the sales from our products to a number of organizations that support environmental causes, including Climate Cycle, Healthy Child Healthy World and EcoMom Alliance.

Features

• Pack of 12 (2.75 oz packages)
  • All organic sweeteners
  • Natural colors and flavors
  • Free of the top 10 allergens
  • Made in a nut free facility
Ingredients :
Organic Tapioca Syrup, Organic Evaporated Cane Juice, Gelatin, Organic Grape Juice Concentrate, Citric Acid, Lactic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Natural Colors, Natural Flavors, Organic Sunflower Oil, Carnauba Wax

...These are the best I found.
3g protein per serving
That's the most protein i think you can possibly get in a gummy bear, I imagine at least 95% if it is from the gelatin. They have worms too but they're not as good for some reason, just my opinion.

Also Black Forest brand is good too but less protein, hence, a bit softer texture.

Both these brands have vegan versions of their gummy products so double check the ingredients to make sure you get the ones with gelatin.

I know not still not the healthiest food but they are perfect for keeping in my purse or desk drawer for when in a pinch. I get serious blood sugar crashes and these work like a charm to get me going till I can have a meal.

Peater

I looked at a packet of Wine Gums and there's only 4 -5g of protein per 100g. The rest is sugar I guess. I'd assumed they were higher gelatin content than that so was a bit disappointed. I'll keep on making oxtail and ox cheek soup then...

jitsmonkey

Does anyone have a recommendation for the best gummy gelatin type snack on the market?

ALL. OF. THEM.

Holy mother of sasquatch some of these answers on this thread.

a) you're 100% right they make a terrific on the go snack. hopefully nobody needs to ask or be told about the "all gummy bear diet"
b) I use them or coke often as my peri workout/activity companion on the regular
c) if you search gummy bears, gummi bears here GermanDeli.com | Authentic German Meats and Groceries you can find the german based haribo's which have the "least" ingredients. None of the retail available gummy bears are perfect but as Ray says "life is problematic"
d) the SurfSweets mentioned above are not my fave but they are excellent and very very much readily available vs ordering from germany.

If you're using them for fuel in scenarios you would otherwise have none: great
If you're eating them because you love them: great
If you're eating 87% of your daily cals from them: that's problematic

Life is for living, not being orthorexic, enjoy.

PS - I've found these do well for similar purposes. https://www.amazon.com/Salt-Water-T...lla+-+Bulk+Candy,+3+LB+Party+Bag,+Family+Size

hiconscience

This just made my year! I absolutely adore gummies, but unfortunately discovered its impossible to find ones made of real gelatin. Every recipe i have tried has never compared to haribo in the slightest. . Thanks for the advice!!:clap:

xeliex

Forum Supporter
ALL. OF. THEM.

Holy mother of sasquatch some of these answers on this thread.

a) you're 100% right they make a terrific on the go snack. hopefully nobody needs to ask or be told about the "all gummy bear diet"
b) I use them or coke often as my peri workout/activity companion on the regular
c) if you search gummy bears, gummi bears here GermanDeli.com | Authentic German Meats and Groceries you can find the german based haribo's which have the "least" ingredients. None of the retail available gummy bears are perfect but as Ray says "life is problematic"
d) the SurfSweets mentioned above are not my fave but they are excellent and very very much readily available vs ordering from germany.

If you're using them for fuel in scenarios you would otherwise have none: great
If you're eating them because you love them: great
If you're eating 87% of your daily cals from them: that's problematic

Life is for living, not being orthorexic, enjoy.

PS - I've found these do well for similar purposes. https://www.amazon.com/Salt-Water-Taffy-Bulk-Saltwater/dp/B01HH7J48M/ref=sr_1_1_s_it?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1511115458&sr=1-1&keywords=Salt+Water+Taffy+in+Bulk+-+Saltwater+Taffy+Vanilla+-+Bulk+Candy,+3+LB+Party+Bag,+Family+Size

Years later.

Thank you; and that was funny :):