Best countries to move to from Australia

Herbie

What people don’t understand about Australia is that the government spent lots of money selling the Americans and Europeans the idea that Australia is a utopia with sun and beaches in the 80s to make you all come as tourists but it has major issues and rotting from the inside out but the boomers are oblivious. It’s like what’s happened to California.

The Chinese are buying everything. Manufacturing is dead therefore wages stagnant, not much IT jobs, middle class eroded, high suicide rate, mental heath problems, lots of ssri use, meth epidemic.

The place is dull and desolate and full of roads and highways. I found out the most expensive suburbs is due to the distance from an arterial road.

Poor government for a long time where many really stupid things occured now they have gone full covid on everyone.

Last edited:

Elize

Each country has good and bad. It depends on what you choose to make part of your life. List some positive aspects of Australia.

Kavie

I have lived in various countries and enjoyed each one. If you are unhappy where you are you may not be happy in other countries too as the same issues will surface for you. No country can make you happy. You have to be your own source of happiness from within.
Actually you can and will be happier in a different country because, 1- you have your civil rights (kind of important to me) 2- You can choose a nice climate and community that suits you, 3- Cost of living/ property may be much cheaper, 4- you can live a fairly normal life with out all the nonsense covid restrictions. (tyranny) I have moved from Canada to Lake Atitlan Guatemala 6 months ago and am much happier with no plans of going back. Every 3 months I pay a travel agency $60 to renew my visa which I can do indefinitely as it stands.

triple

I think that feeling the wind and having a sense of where it is headed gives us the chance to choose where we can not only be safe and happy. It is often better to not be safe than to live under a tyrant where it is safe, but that is a matter of how one tips the scale.

For sure there is much more wealth in Australia and in the Western countries, but can one be happy when he can he jailed for expressing ideas that are not even inciting violence, and when he cannot go out and express his ideas in a public square together with other people when its government is unjust? Are people happier being fed like cattle in a feed lot and injected against their will, and branded, and their ability to move around is restricted and tracked? Isn't living in a hamlet just like living in a concentration camp only that you can wear fashionable clothes and have Netflix and popcorn and steak instead of gruel and boring re-education training?

What makes the people in tribal societies smile even though they have little of the conveniences and the health insurance and the hospital complexes? What gives their life meaning?

Most of the suffering I see elsewhere isn't self-inflicted anyway, it is inflicted by the same forces that keep you safe and secure. They would have been happier without the spell of tyranny that is part and parcel that envelops you in your world and their world. Their world just happens to be less consequential to your masters and they are just left alone like wild animals in mountains that cannot be tamed.
I concur, well put I have met some of the loveliest people and seen some of the most beautiful acts of kindness in countries that would be considered not worthy to live in by many people.

I don’t think first world is the same name brand is was a few years ago even as the WEF mandates the great reset first in the first world.

enki369

@Rivka I'm in the same boat with you as a aussies thinking is it just better to move altogether to latin america mexico or peru sounds good l can speak portuguese but dont know about brazil and living there l have many friends but don't know to what extent the tyranny is over there. I have a lot of land far away from the city and l am a plumber always have work so can farm live off the grid and get my money from my trade, it's just a big decision for me they have saying in fishing (don't leave fish to find fish) l think that l have opportunity to be self sustaining in australia with my family but how soon will that change australia is heavily embedded with the UN and are already trying to tax farmer to bankruptcy on beef soon although it's massive area l don't see how there greenpeace in the sky will work every where

mariantos

Australia is becoming a police/military state by the day with deployment of the military on our streets. Would you know which country would be the best for an Australian to move to? I was thinking Mexico as Dr Peat speaks favourably about this country. However I'm not familiar with the particulars of Australian being able to get visas, permanent residence etc in this country.

I recommend Ecuador, Quito or Cuenca if you want to live at height, if you prefer the ocean I recommend Guayaquil or other smaller cities where you can go to the beach every day, namely: Salinas, Playas, Ballenita, Montañita etc. I know that in addition to their local currency, you can use the US dollar wherever you want. It is one of the countries I would like to retire to, but I have no way of knowing what will happen in time or if I will end up living this moment.

Herbie

@Rivka If I was desperate I would move to Mexico and teach English for money get a TEFOL Certificate online and then figure out some sort of side business

Ynot

Hi @Herbie can I ask where you ended up and what reason you used (if that was a thing back then!) for leaving?

I'm doing my research now... and looks like South America is the place to go?
I left Australia a year ago. I applied and got permission to leave and it said on the approval that it was because I planned to be away for 3 months or more so very easy. At the time the news was publishing stories about how people cannot leave but it’s fear mongering and lies.

I was born in Sydney but lived in Adelaide. South Australia has much less police more laid back because it was free settled and not built by convicts.

I don’t know where one could go to where it would be much better.

Herbie

Hi @Herbie can I ask where you ended up and what reason you used (if that was a thing back then!) for leaving?

I'm doing my research now... and looks like South America is the place to go?
I moved to England not because of covid. I explained that I was moving to England and that I didn’t plan on returning. I showed evidence for visas, flights booked etc and the approval said reason for approval because I was leaving Australia for longer than 3 months.

I have no experience with living in South America. It would be nice to go there until things calm down.

Once they do the vaccine roll out things will settle down as this occurred in the UK and Denmark. If the people resist the vaccine the government seems to put the pressure on like France.

hei

How is it in the UK? I think that is the only place I could realistically go.

Herbie

I moved from NSW to Adelaide than two years later moved to England, basically it’s as easy as moving from NSW to South Australia in terms of dealing with government and getting a job.

Renting a flat/unit is easier here than Australia and everything is built to a higher standard but smaller.

The variety of good food is higher because of the close proximity to France and Italy for diary products and also any products are more abundant plus more wealthy people here who demand good stuff.

The government is a soft right currently which might be a relief compared to the harder Australian government. The law is less strict but people are more sensible which I really like as it feels pretty relaxed.

The average wage here is lower than Australia and taxes higher which is a negative point.

England has a certain charm about it, 8 months of the year the weather is pretty mild and comfortable and winter is not too long. It has a lot of trees, a lot of green.

Shopping for clothes is much better with high streets and way more variety.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals