Best Casein Powder Ever

tyler

Casein is the part in milk where intact growth hormone is stored (igf-1). Eating a diet with a lot of casein would surely promote cancer and aging. It's quite amazing that on a website based on works that warn against growth hormone, people are talking in good light of casein. It also lacks the considerable amount of bcaa that you would get from the whey portion of milk, making it inferior to plain milk.
From the website: "5.4 Grams of BCAA’s Per Serving*"

OP
natedawggh

natedawggh

Hello there. What makes it better than Great lakes? Forgive me but Great Lakes has a higher protein profile and no triptiphane and gives 6 pounds for

Is this Great Lakes Gelatin? I haven't ever used Great Lakes so I don't know that either is better. But if it's gelatin you're talking about, it's not a complete protein source whereas casein is. Gelatins is just good to supplement a normal diet for the high ratio of good amino acids.

OP
natedawggh

natedawggh

BEST PROTEIN EVER

"Pastured" check... low tryptophan check... overpriced check...
Oh it's totally expensive, but the benefits I'm getting from it are worth every penny, and I also don't have to eat as many other sources of protein that exhausts me in the amount I have to eat. Strangely though a jug ends up lasting me just over a month, and I have it a few times every day. I was going through more protein with lesser quality brands (I go off hunger cues)

skycop00

Tracking down protein sources is a pain in the butt. I'm 226 lbs and try to take in atleast 150g a day without using whey powders. I hate eating so much. I do use great lakes gelitan and it does help. Trying to stay low tryptophan as much as possible

heartnhands

Is this Great Lakes Gelatin? I haven't ever used Great Lakes so I don't know that either is better. But if it's gelatin you're talking about, it's not a complete protein source whereas casein is. Gelatins is just good to supplement a normal diet for the high ratio of good amino acids.

Glad you are getting the results you want. Its all so very new and overwhelming to apply but my health has deteriorated so much in the last year I really have no shame in being so confused...I've barely gotten to the point where I can consider the details of complete proteins as long as I'm keeping phosphate down I'm hoping things turn around. One of these days I'll get through some reasonable recipes. So far I've juiced various potatoes, cooked them in a pressure cooker and added some Great Lakes for extra protein and use that as a sauce for whatever flesh or other non starch food I'll eat for dinner. Let me know if you have any suggestions to limit any problems in such a use of gelatin if you have an insight.

heartnhands

Tracking down protein sources is a pain in the butt. I'm 226 lbs and try to take in atleast 150g a day without using whey powders. I hate eating so much. I do use great lakes gelitan and it does help. Trying to stay low tryptophan as much as possible

I'm picking up what your laying down Skycop!

Xisca

Why take a powder when you can take cheese?
Thanks to peat i raised my consumtion of dairies, and I do not liek meat as much as before, I think my body says that is does not need more protein....
About growth hormones, I read that it is better to give one boil to the milk to destroy it without destroying too much of the milk.
I eat raw very fresh goat milk cheese, a traditional product of where I live.
i wander about the interest of pasterised milk... for this of the growth hormone....
Elephanto, do you know more of this?

jyb

Why take a powder when you can take cheese?
Thanks to peat i raised my consumtion of dairies, and I do not liek meat as much as before, I think my body says that is does not need more protein....
About growth hormones, I read that it is better to give one boil to the milk to destroy it without destroying too much of the milk.
I eat raw very fresh goat milk cheese, a traditional product of where I live.
i wander about the interest of pasterised milk... for this of the growth hormone....
Elephanto, do you know more of this?

Something I don't know is how much growth hormone there is in proper organic milk, if any. However, no matter what quality it seems like dairy products (all of them) are extremely high in estrogenic phtalate and that's not just due to the plastic bottles. There was study posted in a thread on this forum about plastic content in various foods, and dairy was by far the top most dangerous. Pretty sad, though personally I can't do without dairy so it hasn't change my consumption in any way. In theory there are many other nasties in milk other than phtalate and growth hormones which in my opinion would make a good case for eating more beef, but in practice I find dairy just too convenient so I ignore these concerns and end up eating way more dairy than beef.

Xisca

Well, I prefer complete products than extracts, and I still do not see why less fat would be good! If saturated, then great.
jyb, I can eat a piece of butter like a piece of cheese, or both at the same time!

Anyway, when no problem with casein, yes I feel that it is a fullfilling protein, because I need less meat.

Jayfish

Low fat diets definitely have their benefits. Mainly with fat loss and helping metabolism in the short term.

tyler

Casein is the part in milk where intact growth hormone is stored (igf-1). Eating a diet with a lot of casein would surely promote cancer and aging. It's quite amazing that on a website based on works that warn against growth hormone, people are talking in good light of casein. It also lacks the considerable amount of bcaa that you would get from the whey portion of milk, making it inferior to plain milk.

But whey has higher tryptophan :angeldevil

Something I don't know is how much growth hormone there is in proper organic milk, if any. However, no matter what quality it seems like dairy products (all of them) are extremely high in estrogenic phtalate and that's not just due to the plastic bottles. There was study posted in a thread on this forum about plastic content in various foods, and dairy was by far the top most dangerous. Pretty sad, though personally I can't do without dairy so it hasn't change my consumption in any way. In theory there are many other nasties in milk other than phtalate and growth hormones which in my opinion would make a good case for eating more beef, but in practice I find dairy just too convenient so I ignore these concerns and end up eating way more dairy than beef.

For those concerned with IGF1- here is some food for thought.
unnamed.png

Elephanto

But whey has higher tryptophan :angeldevil

It's also the highest natural source of Bcaa which inhibits tryptophan transport, I'm pretty sure the net results of high whey consumption would be decreased tryptophan availability. It also has about half methionine as egg whites, and it's one of the lowest source of arginine and better lysine/arginine ratios. It's also the highest source of cysteine, which I'm not a fan of, but for instance is the starting metabolite of hydrogen sulfide which can be beneficial as you have posted studies on.

It's also the highest natural source of Bcaa which inhibits tryptophan transport, I'm pretty sure the net results of high whey consumption would be decreased tryptophan availability. It also has about half methionine as egg whites, and it's one of the lowest source of arginine and better lysine/arginine ratios. It's also the highest source of cysteine, which I'm not a fan of, but for instance is the starting metabolite of hydrogen sulfide which can be beneficial as you have posted studies on.

You read those? :hearteyes:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom