Best Casein Powder Ever

natedawggh

I just got my first order of Casein from Naked Protein. IT. IS. AMAZING. It tastes so good. There are no additives. It comes from good dairy (and they whey is from grass fed, so it has a lower tryptophan profile!). I highly recommend it.

http://nkdnutrition.com/products/micell ... ein-powder

Thanks aelebaba for the lead!

alebaba said:
post 97216 This Casein powder, I think is even better than the Now casein powder. What do yall think
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NBILDQ8/?tag=rapefo-20
Soy Free, Gluten Free, GMO Free, and Growth Hormone Free
narouz said:
post 97535 nate or alebaba or anyone--

I've been toying with the idea of trying nate's protein powder ideas,
with the casein powder.
But...how do you guys feel about the amino profile?
This is from the Naked Casein product that alebaba just noted:

...the high glutamic acid, substantial leucine, and aspartic acid counts caught my eye.
I'm fuzzy, though, on what Peat thinks about the various aminos
(even leaving aside that he doesn't like protein powders, really).

Last edited by a moderator:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
BEST PROTEIN EVER

$95. :(

BEST PROTEIN EVER

Bulletproof collagen?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
BEST PROTEIN EVER

They need a smaller level entry fee. :lol:

OP
natedawggh

natedawggh

BEST PROTEIN EVER

Charlie said:
They need a smaller level entry fee. :lol:

I know, it's a lot, but that's for 5 pounds! And did I mention it's the best I've ever had? :)

BEST PROTEIN EVER

Snake oil.

It would be cheaper to juice potatoes and you'd get a higher quality protein.

tara

BEST PROTEIN EVER

Westside PUFAs said:
post 98947 It would be cheaper to juice potatoes ...
Not if you take labour costs into account.

Peata

natedawggh said:
post 98889 I just got my first order of Casein from Naked Protein. IT. IS. AMAZING. It tastes so good. There are no additives. It comes from good dairy (and they whey is from grass fed, so it has a lower tryptophan profile!). I highly recommend it.

http://nkdnutrition.com/products/micell ... ein-powder

Thanks aelebaba for the lead!

alebaba said:
post 97216 This Casein powder, I think is even better than the Now casein powder. What do yall think
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NBILDQ8/?tag=rapefo-20
Soy Free, Gluten Free, GMO Free, and Growth Hormone Free
narouz said:
post 97535 nate or alebaba or anyone--

I've been toying with the idea of trying nate's protein powder ideas,
with the casein powder.
But...how do you guys feel about the amino profile?
This is from the Naked Casein product that alebaba just noted:

...the high glutamic acid, substantial leucine, and aspartic acid counts caught my eye.
I'm fuzzy, though, on what Peat thinks about the various aminos
(even leaving aside that he doesn't like protein powders, really).

What are you mixing it with? Milk, water? Fruit, honey? etc.

How much do you take each night?

OP
natedawggh

natedawggh

One scoop I think is 11 grams. I was taking 22 grams but apparently your stomach can't digest that much at a time, and I saw the same benefits from taking just one scoop at night (10-15 grams).

I mix it with Sucanat (unrefined cane sugar). Or plain cane sugar. Orange juice and blended frozen fruit.

tyler

Would also like to report good feedback on the Naked Casein..
Been using it for two weeks and it's made a huge difference for me- I was able to bring my protein intake from 80-90g per day to 130-150g with no struggle at all.
I have been feeling really good and wayyy more satiated with the addition of adding this to my juice/milk. Overall I'm craving food way less- undoubtedly due to the addition of this. It seemed I was always hungry no matter how much I ate when my protein intake was lower than 100g.
It blends great and I really enjoy the taste too.

Drareg

Has anybody tried purebulk casein in Europe?
seems priced much lower than naked nutrition.
The flavourless is 90% casein protein and that's it, they don't however seem to be extolling the grassfed and gmo free angle.

mt_dreams

Has anybody tried purebulk casein in Europe?
seems priced much lower than naked nutrition.
The flavourless is 90% casein protein and that's it, they don't however seem to be extolling the grassfed and gmo free angle.

the pure bulk has soy in it. also it doesn't state where it's coming from, so there's a chance it could be non grade a milk.

Drareg

the pure bulk has soy in it. also it doesn't state where it's coming from, so there's a chance it could be non grade a milk.
I think the soy lecithin is in the flavoured kind, I would be concerned about the milk sourcing alright, It's what the marketing doesn't say these days.

heartnhands

BEST PROTEIN EVER

I know, it's a lot, but that's for 5 pounds! And did I mention it's the best I've ever had? :)

Hello there. What makes it better than Great lakes? Forgive me but Great Lakes has a higher protein profile and no triptiphane and gives 6 pounds for

mt_dreams

Hello there. What makes it better than Great lakes? Forgive me but Great Lakes has a higher protein profile and no triptiphane and gives 6 pounds for

great lakes is gelatin, whereas this protein powder is casein milk powder. so comparing the two would be like comparing apples & oranges. As for casein powders, this brand is amoung the cleaner sources on the market.

things you want to look for when looking for casein powder would be micro, cold filtered, no soy or other other additives, as well as a company that provides you with it's milk source. many of the cheaper caseins (especially in the body building brands) use scrap casein & low level grades. grass fed is also a positive as there would probably be less estrogen attached to the casein, but it's not as big of a deal since there is usually no fat in the protein powders.

Elephanto

Casein is the part in milk where intact growth hormone is stored (igf-1). Eating a diet with a lot of casein would surely promote cancer and aging. It's quite amazing that on a website based on works that warn against growth hormone, people are talking in good light of casein. It also lacks the considerable amount of bcaa that you would get from the whey portion of milk, making it inferior to plain milk.

Back
Top Bottom