Best Calcium supplements...

Trullo

I eat to much phosphate, so I want to integrate calcium but I can't eat dairy so I'd like to know if citrate or acetate is better, which of one?

Another question: how does magnesium affect calcium/phosphorus ratio?

-Luke-

The best form of calcium is either one in the "MCHA"form aka microcrystalline hydroxyapatite, or in an ionic form. I wouldn't bother with carbonate etc. There's some data out there that show calcium carbonate from coral has better absorption than eggshells because of a smaller particle size, but i would still stick to an ionic form or MHCA if you can find or afford it. Nothing beats it for absorption especially in the oral cavity

redsun

I eat to much phosphate, so I want to integrate calcium but I can't eat dairy so I'd like to know if citrate or acetate is better, which of one?

Calcium citrate is good.

Jam

Nettle leaf decoction. An average of ca. 300mg of calcium can be extracted with enough water from a heaping tablespoon of quality dried leaf.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Calcium citrate is good.
I know that Dr. Peat doesn't like citrate forms of nutrients.
I have in the past grounded my own eggshells and supplemented (a bit of a pain).
I also have bough calcium carbonate from amazon before. Both made me feel better.
Now thankfully I can tolerate milk and consume dairy.
Keep in mind that well cooked green vegetables can also be a good source.

OP
T

Trullo

I know that Dr. Peat doesn't like citrate forms of nutrients.
I have in the past grounded my own eggshells and supplemented (a bit of a pain).
I also have bough calcium carbonate from amazon before. Both made me feel better.
Now thankfully I can tolerate milk and consume dairy.
Keep in mind that well cooked green vegetables can also be a good source.
And Calcium and magnesium acetate?

-Luke-

lazz

Are you lactose intolerant?

serling78

I use calcium carbonate powder mixed with white wine vinegar. The is specifically to make it digestible. Something I read about here on the forums. Otherwise any calcium supplement (including eggshell powder) I've ever tried results in horrible constipation.

Even with the digestion problem being solved I still get really bad facial redness /flushing from calcium and I don't know why. But it's preventing me from taking anywhere near as much as I would like.

Jonnie

I bought a $30 coffee been grinder. After I boil eggs I let the eggshells dry and then throw ‘em in the grinder to grind it up really well.

Then just add the stuff to my smoothies and oatbran.

dannibo

You don't need calcium supplements. Theres plenty in food. Perhaps k2 MK7 would be better

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals