Best bone broth

hazel

the bone broth is convenient to make it with beef bones if it is not pasture? Are pig trotters good if we know that it is fed with grains? With what products to make the best broth?

the bone broth is convenient to make it with beef bones if it is not pasture? Are pig trotters good if we know that it is fed with grains? With what products to make the best broth?

Hi hazel! I make my beef bone broth with oxtails or knuckle bones of grass fed beef or lamb. The only problem I see with using non pastured bones is heavy metal build up in those bones of "not so cared for" animals, that are hazardously grown for profit. No matter, making your own with non-grass fed, and cooking them under 5 hours, will be better than store bought. Here is mine.

Attachments

• 20210217_162414.jpg
    20210217_162414.jpg
    284.2 KB · Views: 36
if i slow cook bone shank marrow and after it cools there will a white solid floating. If i uses ribs its color yellow. Do i throw the white ?

@Rinse & rePeat

Last edited:
if i slow cook bone shank marrow and after it cools there will a white solid floating. If i uses ribs its color yellow. Do i throw the white ?

@Rinse & rePeat

If the shanks are grass-fed then keep all that fat. The general rule is that all the toxins are stored in the fat of non-grass fed animals and all the nutrients are stored in the fats of grass-fed animals. So in non grass-fed animals the meat is the healthiest part and in grass-fed animals the fat is the healthiest part. I will roast grass-fed ribs just to get the fat and freeze it, and share the meat with friends.

I read somewhere that yellow fat is ok? White fat isnt?
@Rinse & rePeat
I get yellow fat coming to the top when I refrigerate my chicken bone broth and white fat comes to the top of my grass fed beef bone broth so I don’t think those colors match up. When I roast grass fed beef the color of the fat is more yellow though.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals