Best Bed Mattress?

Steve123

I’m in the market for a new bed mattress! Just want the comfiest one possible. There’s a few different companies out there like simba/casper/eve etc in the uk

Is there anything you would ask them about in terms of chemicals used or what ever ?

Or does anyone have any direct recommendations in the uk?

I should imagine they all use fire retardants these days, I plan on off gassing it outside for a few days at start anyway..

jzeno

A place to start: Mattress Buying Guide 2020

All suggestions are US options but they have write ups on how and why they made their decisions which can help you.

There's this website (Sleep Like The Dead : Independent and Unbiased Sleep Product Reviews – Mattresses, Toppers, Pillows, Bedding and More) but it seems like too much and for someone like myself, I just want what worked for you and I'll start from there. All the review system seems meh.

Some people on here promote beds on a slant: Inclined Bed Therapy - Sleeping With The Head End Of The Bed Elevated

I want one of these fit for an adult:

Right now I sleep on foam on the floor. Looking into purchasing a firm foam mattress. Not big on coil springs. I lived in Asia for a while and got used to sleeping on super firm beds made on the ground and I haven't made the transition back. Don't think I will since there are tons of firm foam options today.

Ras

I bought a simple futon mattress and sleep on the floor. The firmer the surface, the better it is for your body. You save money, and you'll recover space in your room when you roll it up each day.

orewashin

I've found the best options to be overexpensive. It's difficult for companies to make a bed fireproof without using fire retardants. It may be a wiser option to take a mattress cover and fill it with batting. As of right now, I'm unaware of good and cheap sources of cotton batting. A cotton mattress cover would also be desirable because the skin not being able to breathe feels uncomfortable to most people.

:M :B.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals