Best antibiotic for Endotoxin Overload

deeper

Has anyone experimented with any antibiotics to deal with this issue? Do you have any concerns for wiping out your microbiota ?

Thanks

mostlylurking

Has anyone experimented with any antibiotics to deal with this issue? Do you have any concerns for wiping out your microbiota ?

Thanks
Endotoxin = lipopolysaccharide. I have just been watching a video that addresses this issue in a different way. The whole video is very good, but long. I'll post it at the point where the discussion addresses lipopolysaccharide. Problems occur when it gets into the bloodstream via leaky gut.

I got damaged via Bactrim, an antibiotic that was prescribed for a UTI. I'm pretty leary of antibiotics now.

View: https://youtu.be/t17dBHmZBMM?t=6419

GodsHound

If digestion is sluggish and thyroid function is low, antibiotics can be a gamble, especially in higher doses, as unfavourable bacteria can re-establish unopposed after your flora is wiped out.

OP
D

deeper

Endotoxin = lipopolysaccharide. I have just been watching a video that addresses this issue in a different way. The whole video is very good, but long. I'll post it at the point where the discussion addresses lipopolysaccharide. Problems occur when it gets into the bloodstream via leaky gut.

I got damaged via Bactrim, an antibiotic that was prescribed for a UTI. I'm pretty leary of antibiotics now.

View: https://youtu.be/t17dBHmZBMM?t=6419

thanks, I have a lot to learn !

BearWithMe

Carrots, activated charcoal, increasing transit speed.

Avoid antibiotics like a plague.

Lurker

Endotoxin comes from dead gram negative bacteria. Antibiotics will only make the situation worse. Activated charcoal and some fiber (like carrots) will help remove endotoxin.

Edit: what @BearWithMe said

Matestube

Thanks
The two that work best for me are augmentin and doxicycline.
Profound physical changes every course I take.

db9

The two that work best for me are augmentin and doxicycline.
Profound physical changes every course I take.
Did you take it while not suffering anything serious?
How much and for how long did you take it?

I’ve just started out with 50 mgs a day and I think it’s making me feel very fatigued. I’m taking for improving my health since I’ve been suffering a lot with mental issues and nothing has helped and I thought I would give it a try since haidut holds it in high regards. Would appreciate a lot if you could describe little further your experience and protocol.

golder

“I think augmentin is among the more dangerous antibiotics” - Ray Peat
Matestube was the king of saying everything with an aura of obstinate authoritarianism that 9 times out of 10 went against the philosophy that underpins Peats’ perspective.

mostlylurking

did he explain why?
I cannot find Peat's comments on augmentin. However, a quick internet search yields this:
"Serious side effects that have been reported and their symptoms include:
  • Vaginitis (due to a yeast infection). Symptoms can include:
    • itchiness
    • inflammation (swelling)
    • white discharge
    • burning sensation when urinating or during intercourse
  • Liver problems. Symptoms can include:
  • Mouth sores. Symptoms can include:
    • blistering, peeling, or loosening of skin inside the mouth
    • a red bull’s-eye inside your mouth
  • Kidney problems. Symptoms can include:
    • blood in urine
    • fever
    • increased or decreased urine output
    • swelling of any area of the body
    • weight gain (from fluid buildup)
  • Intestinal infection*
  • Severe allergic reaction.*

Precautions for Augmentin​

Be sure to talk with your doctor about your health history before you take Augmentin. This drug may not be the right treatment for you if you have certain medical conditions or other factors that affect your health. These are considered drug-condition or drug-factor interactions. The conditions and factors to consider include:

Liver problems. Before you start treatment with Augmentin, tell your doctor if you have liver problems. In some cases, this drug may cause certain liver problems as a side effect. If you have had liver problems in the past, your risk of side effects may be higher. Your doctor will determine if Augmentin is the best treatment option for your condition.

Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea. You may have diarrhea caused by Clostridioides difficile bacteria while taking Augmentin. Tell your doctor if you experience diarrhea that won’t go away while taking Augmentin or up to 2 months after you stop taking the drug. You may need medical treatment for this condition.

Superinfections. It’s possible for existing fungal or bacterial infections to get worse or spread when you take Augmentin. Talk with your doctor if you think the Augmentin is not helping your infection improve.

Skin rash.
You may have an increased risk of developing a skin rash while taking Augmentin if you have mononucleosis (commonly called “mono”). Mono is an infection that is usually caused by the Epstein-Barr virus. If you have mono, ask your doctor if a different antibiotic may be a better option for you.

Development of drug-resistant bacteria. Taking Augmentin when you do not have a bacterial infection may cause bacteria to be resistant to the antibiotic. Do not take Augmentin unless your doctor prescribes it to you.

Phenylketonuria (buildup of the amino acid phenylalanine). Some forms of Augmentin contain an ingredient called phenylalanine. If you have phenylketonuria, ask your doctor if a different medication without phenylalanine may be a better option for you.

Drug interactions. Taking Augmentin with certain other medications may change how medications work or increase the chance of certain side effects. For example, taking Augmentin with combined oral contraceptives may lower the efficacy of the contraceptive. Talk with your doctor about all medications you take. Do not start or stop taking a medication without letting your doctor know.

Allergic reaction. If you’ve had an allergic reaction to Augmentin or any of its ingredients, your doctor will likely not prescribe Augmentin. Ask your doctor what other medications may be better options for you."