Best Antibiotic For A Urinary Tract Infection?

ddjd

what would be most effective of the peat recommended ABX for a UTI that seems to have reached the kidneys?

As far as I know the options are minocycline, penicillin and doxycycline. Any others?

alternative therapies seem to be:

D- mannose
methylene blue
apple cider vinegar

cardochav

I prefer methylene blue since it’s also anti-fungal and antiviral. You’ll see it turn your urine blue so you know it’s going all the way through.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

I prefer methylene blue since it’s also anti-fungal and antiviral. You’ll see it turn your urine blue so you know it’s going all the way through.
what about bicarbonate of soda

cardochav

Methylene blue and baking soda should be a good combo. Ray has Talked about the benefits is taking a teaspoon baking soda everyday, it’s also a good source of sodium.

Inaut

Not to misdirect attention from OP but I’ve had some sort of eczema/fungus on my middle finger for some time. Just recently I’ve been experimenting with mixing some
Mb in water with ascorbic acid to remove the blue and applying it to my skin. Been two days now and the skin looks better then it did when i was using a steroid cream

OP
ddjd

ddjd

would penicillin not be a good idea then?

CoconutEffect

My ex girlfriend had chronic UTI, camphosal eradicated them completely. It’s been 6 months no UTIs.

JKX

D-mannose will definately work for a UTI if it's mild. How do you know it has reached your kidneys? I'd be making an appointment with the doc. Any of those antibiotics should do the job.

D

danishispsychic

3 drops of lugols every three hours. it works every time.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

D-mannose will definately work for a UTI if it's mild. How do you know it has reached your kidneys? I'd be making an appointment with the doc. Any of those antibiotics should do the job.
d-mannose does seem to be reducing the pain, at least temporarily, so i think ill keep going with it. thanks for all the tips

vrd2107

just oral camphasol?
I'm the ex girlfriend lol. It did work, until it didn’t. I woke up this morning with a UTI and I’ve been celibate :) since april so it’s not induced by intercourse (mine never seemed to be). Taking a round of conventional antibiotics to knock it out. I also posted on another thread about UTIs recently with the advice that Ray gave me, which was to use sulfur soap and stop eating starches as a preventative measure.

On another note, antibiotics I have been prescribed have included Nitrofurantoin, Cephalexin, and Ciprofloxacin. I found that Cephalexin works best for me, but the last UTI I got in November— none of these worked.

For a while I was taking Minocycline daily as another prophylactic measure, it seemed to work, but who knows if that was helping or if I was just not getting UTIs at the time. The minocycline knocked out the last one I acutely suffered from in November though.

Last edited:
Wow I'm really sorry about all that @vrd2107

I know yours aren't connected with intercourse, but my wife's was, and when I started a more gentle form of non-ejaculatory sex, it has been many years since she has had one, and she used to have 3 or 4 a year. Even when I do (rarely) come inside her, she doesn't get them anymore.

Have you tried d-mannose as a preventive measure?

Dr. Peat isn't fond of it, but potassium iodide was and is a fantastic UTI remedy. Very safe. You take 1 GRAM in a glass of water, a few times a day, for a few days. It really isn't harmful.

Travis always was fond of potassium iodide. Dr. Peat says it suppresses thyroid, which it might but that doesn't last long, and it may be worth it to knock out a UTI.

vrd2107

I know yours aren't connected with intercourse, but my wife's was, and when I started a more gentle form of non-ejaculatory sex, it has been many years since she has had one, and she used to have 3 or 4 a year. Even when I do (rarely) come inside her, she doesn't get them anymore.

Dr. Peat isn't fond of it, but potassium iodide was and is a fantastic UTI remedy. Very safe. You take 1 GRAM in a glass of water, a few times a day, for a few days. It really isn't harmful.

Travis always was fond of potassium iodide. Dr. Peat says it suppresses thyroid, which it might but that doesn't last long, and it may be worth it to knock out a UTI.

Thanks for the advice. I have a hunch that my issue is anatomic (internally) given all the evidence that intercourse isn’t a trigger for me. My mother also suffered from chronic UTIs and eventually found out she had a kink in her urinary tract that was causing frequent UTIs. Once she found this out she was able to modify her behavior, mainly by drinking a lot of fluids, and it helped reduce the number of infections she experienced. My hunch is this anatomic congenital feature is genetic and I probably have it too. Although, I never had a UTI until I was 24!

OP
ddjd

ddjd

if you're supplementing iodine regularly it's really important to also take selenium

dannibo

what would be most effective of the peat recommended ABX for a UTI that seems to have reached the kidneys?

As far as I know the options are minocycline, penicillin and doxycycline. Any others?

alternative therapies seem to be:

D- mannose
methylene blue
apple cider vinegar
Dmso is recommended by the FDA. And it has no side effects except garlic breath. It is the best. I could also recommend chlorine Dioxide or both together.. they are synergistic together.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals