Best Anti-Wrinkle Supplements For Men?

Aaron

Heavy lifting combined with proper nutrition will leave you with a residual glow and firmer, healthier skin.

Niacinimide, collagen hydrosylate, and biotin are good ones. Large amounts of vitamin C and fruit seem to have regenerative effects in the context of a high-protein diet. I would say sauna and handstand push-ups seem to nourish the facial skin as well.

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like topical products just aren't a good long-term solution for preventing skin-aging. I've been only rinsing with water for years.

Entropy

Heavy lifting? Maybe in some moderate amounts without too much stress. But people who get really into bodybuilding have horrible stressed skin.

Centella asiatica, prevents breakdown of collagen, and increases its synthesis in the skin.
Comes in cream and capsules.

edit: you can order dried leafs and make tea.

Aaron

Heavy lifting? Maybe in some moderate amounts without too much stress. But people who get really into bodybuilding have horrible stressed skin.

Lack of fruit, too much preworkout, too much cardio, anabolic steroids/diuretics, over-reliance on muscle meat and rice meals (and processed foods), and low body fat % are the major causes of the skin aging you're thinking of, I think. I have replaced all forms of cardio with heavy lifting and sprints and my skin looks better than it did when I was 21 (I'm 24). I also have a better hairline than I did then.

Luckytype

Lack of fruit, too much preworkout, too much cardio, anabolic steroids/diuretics, over-reliance on muscle meat and rice meals (and processed foods), and low body fat % are the major causes of the skin aging you're thinking of, I think. I have replaced all forms of cardio with heavy lifting and sprints and my skin looks better than it did when I was 21 (I'm 24). I also have a better hairline than I did then.

I agree with this heavily. A lot of guys have really good skin that lift in healthy amounts probably from the mineral flux and protective stuff thats created. Bearing in mind it is a stress that just creates a desirable response, the guys that get heavy into the poorly balanced anabolic cycles are probably those with poor(ish) skin.

Theres obviously also a genetic threshold at play here for some regardless of diet and activity.

Entropy

Nice to hear from RP influenced lifters, I lift as well mostly now dumbbells, calisthenics, gymnastic rings, and yoga with a Ido Portal philosophy.

From personal experience my arms developed "chicken skin" appearance and stopping the heavy curling helped clear it away.

I just especially noticed from observing bodybuilders after they achieve good results, the ones that keep pushing hard I see how dramatically their skin ages.

And I agree a lot it comes from them in their cutting phase, just a total lack of sugar.

But yeah not saying you cannot keep healthy skin and lift if done correctly, but for someone like me even following RP guidelines, I had to step back a bit.

Last edited:

Mossy

but
Gotu kola & astaxanthin work for me.
I can attest to astaxanthin helping with skin and appearance, but it tends to give me a shallow breathing/high NO feeling. But, I’ve just read that it is an anti-inflammatory and inhibits NO, so, it must be yet another allergic reaction to the supplememt itself.

ddjd

Yoga and stretching are awesome for reducing wrinkles I find.

Haidut did a post about how stretching increases ATP.

After years of Niacinamide and noticing my wrinkles got worse. I started recently taking regular Niacin, only 50mg after food. And it massively helps reduce wrinkles under my eyes.

ddjd

DHEA also very helpful in many ways, not least because it lowers cortisol. See threads on the forum about how Cortisol is the main driver behind aging

biffbelvin

but

I can attest to astaxanthin helping with skin and appearance, but it tends to give me a shallow breathing/high NO feeling. But, I’ve just read that it is an anti-inflammatory and inhibits NO, so, it must be yet another allergic reaction to the supplememt itself.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I thought that NO could be beneficial as a vasodilator when the body doesn't have enough CO2 (poor breathing habits/metabolism). Therefore if you acutely lower NO when you need it, you're going to get mild hypoxia symptoms?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals