Best and easy way to keep teeth healthy and white on a Peat diet?

meatbag

Rinsing after eating or drinking something with acid-ex. Juice, soda

using red light on the teeth is also good

ringing with methylene blue, aspirin solution

oil pulling with coconut or olive oil is antiseptic

keeping the small intestine sterile

getting a good calcium to phosphorus ratio

Roni123@

I realized that increasing the calcium to phosphorus ratio made my teeth denser and firmer

Zoiros

I've been using Peat's guidelines for about 5 years now, and the biggest factor for me is controlling acidity. I add about a quarter tsp sodium bicarbonate to each cup of coffee/OJ. It really cuts down on plaque buildup.

My milk intake is also pretty high, and I get plenty of magnesium and k2.

I've never had a cavity before, and my dental health hasn't changed since I started. I make sure I floss daily, and I brush once a day with a dilute solution of water/peroxide. I notice a little bit of buildup around the gumline, but not a significant amount.

I hate to say it, but my teeth were the cleanest they had ever been when I briefly tried keto 7 years ago. All I did daily was floss, and I would brush twice a week. I never had any plaque buildup, which was the only good thing about that diet.

Sefton10

Sitaruîm

B

Braveheart

How do you use it? Do you put it in water and swish it a bit?
Read the article!!....I take 1/2 tsp in mouth...chew a little...swish around...it melts, keep swishing ...spit. I do this before bed.

Tripodi

I realized that increasing the calcium to phosphorus ratio made my teeth denser and firmer
Can you give us the way to or how to get the best or balanced ratio? Will the ratio depend on hight, weight and age? Anything you can share will help me.

Roni123@

Can you give us the way to or how to get the best or balanced ratio? Will the ratio depend on hight, weight and age? Anything you can share will help me.
I heard Ray say that caffeine sugar and aspirin tend to increase the excretion of phosphorus in the urine, and a good thing is to increase calcium intake through dairy products and homemade eggshell, anything over 2/1 and less than 4/1 is very good, I think it is good to supplement vitamin D and K2

Tripodi

I heard Ray say that caffeine sugar and aspirin tend to increase the excretion of phosphorus in the urine, and a good thing is to increase calcium intake through dairy products and homemade eggshell, anything over 2/1 and less than 4/1 is very good, I think it is good to supplement vitamin D and K2
I follow.... thank you

That may be a good sign. I had white teeth before peating, but I remember how once every few months I started to develop new caries. My friend who has yellow teeth, he has been drinking milk all his life and he never had any caries.
Since I started peating, my calcium intake increased to 1.5g, I stopped flossing so often and I have perfect teeth now, even if they are more yellow than usual.
But if you want to keep your teeth white, try some activated charcoal, it's worth it. You will not develop any teeth sensitivity and you can find it on amazon at 20 bucks.

Vajra

Using a reusable straw (glass is the safest; don't reuse your McDonald's cup - plus using plastic straws will get you thrown in Alcatraz if you're in the Bay Area) would be a great way to minimize the contact of acidic jucies with the teeth. I also recall Aajonus Vonderplanitz having mentioned on a few occasions the benefits of sucking/"sipping" instead of "gulping" liquids:

- Q&A Of March 26, 2013

... You can have as much as you want, as long as you’re sipping it. I sip through a thin, glass [borosilicate] straw so I won’t gulp. Any kind of fluid that you gulp essentially goes to the kidney and does not carry nutrients to the cell, so it causes dehydration - especially if you’re drinking cold fluids. I got mine at a medical laboratory that has different sizes.​
Q: I have a wide glass straw.​
A: So put your tongue up against it to make the hole smaller and create pressure.​
Q: How about I Just use spoon instead of sipping?​
A: When you suck ( like a baby, you have all the enzymes) all the bacteria – that comes out of the salivary glands so you digest better. So, I suck.

(Context being drinking raw milk of course, which woud make this even more critical.)

Last edited:
Using a reusable straw (glass is the safest; don't reuse your McDonald's cup - plus using plastic straws will get you thrown in Alcatraz if you're in the Bay Area) would be a great way to minimize the contact of acidic jucies with the teeth. I also recall Aajonus Vonderplanitz having mentioned on a few occasions the benefits of sucking/"sipping" instead of "gulping" liquids:

- Q&A Of March 26, 2013

... You can have as much as you want, as long as you’re sipping it. I sip through a thin, glass [borosilicate] straw so I won’t gulp. Any kind of fluid that you gulp essentially goes to the kidney and does not carry nutrients to the cell, so it causes dehydration - especially if you’re drinking cold fluids. I got mine at a medical laboratory that has different sizes.​
Q: I have a wide glass straw.​
A: So put your tongue up against it to make the hole smaller and create pressure.​
Q: How about I Just use spoon instead of sipping?​
A: When you suck ( like a baby, you have all the enzymes) all the bacteria – that comes out of the salivary glands so you digest better. So, I suck.

(Context being drinking raw milk of course, which woud make this even more critical.)
This is interesting and great advice Vajra! I am gonna look for a glass straw :)