Berberine Vs. Niacinamide

BalkanPeater

I was wondering which supplement would be more beneficial to help me with glucose tolerance, inhibiting FFA, and the gut microbiome. I'm dealing with indigestion, and what seems like an endotoxin issue, (constipation, nausea, bloat) I know Berberine can help control glucose and can work as an antibiotic, but Niacinamide is more 'Peaty' and lowers circulating FFA. The dose is the same for both, 500mg 3x daily with meals, but I am confused as to which one is more beneficial for me. Either one will be paired eventually with a nighttime dose of T4/T3 to combat insomnia and adrenaline rushes during the night.

youngsinatra

I had a good experience with berberine for clearing SIBO and fixing my bloating. Took it 3 times a day for a month.
Fixing the gut is really important, because gut inflammation is a huge burden on the whole organism and as such also impacts blood glucose management significantly as well.

I personally love niacinamide - but from my experience it should be combined with trimethylglycine (TMG), because it can significantly quench methyl-groups. I think that is the reason why some people feel bad on it - lack of methyl.

Phosphor

This post isn't too long ago....I recently found a test that appears valuable for gut inflammation recovery. It is the MRT and will tell you what foods are inflammatory; many have no clue they are eating inflammatory foods, but know they feel better if they fast. Claims are that if you restrict your intake to only those foods that are in the "green zone" on the test results for ten days, you can make huge progress in fixing your gut. I have not done the test yet but plan to. The online test is, I think, $700 and for and additional $300 you get a LEAP consultation. Seems to me this is one test that could eliminate a lot of guesswork.

Ben.

The online test is, I think, $700 and for and additional $300 you get a LEAP consultation. Seems to me this is one test that could eliminate a lot of guesswork.

My apologies for the following response but i can't help myself:

Thats still a 700 $ + 300 $ pay for something that might not fix the issue. Basicly a 1000 $ bet + weeks/months of restrictive eating. Companies offering thoose tests also at times say that the microbiome changes and the food that needs to be eaten, changes ... conveniently one more test provides yet another list of food that can be eaten in the next months ... for the small price of ...
Theres also the issue that what makes up a healthy person is not yet figured out, so these tests can only say so much.

While reducing inflammation is important, finding out why everything under the sun suddenly inflames a person should hopefully .... one day ... recieve more importance and we can eventually stop blaming basic food for our missery.

I have not done the test yet but plan to.

Let us know how it went. Despite me mocking it somewhat, there have been anectodes of these things helping people and they got a high reward out of this high risk purchase.

Phosphor

My apologies for the following response but i can't help myself:

Thats still a 700 $ + 300 $ pay for something that might not fix the issue. Basicly a 1000 $ bet + weeks/months of restrictive eating. Companies offering thoose tests also at times say that the microbiome changes and the food that needs to be eaten, changes ... conveniently one more test provides yet another list of food that can be eaten in the next months ... for the small price of ...
Theres also the issue that what makes up a healthy person is not yet figured out, so these tests can only say so much.

While reducing inflammation is important, finding out why everything under the sun suddenly inflames a person should hopefully .... one day ... recieve more importance and we can eventually stop blaming basic food for our missery.

Let us know how it went. Despite me mocking it somewhat, there have been anectodes of these things helping people and they got a high reward out of this high risk purchase.
I haven't done it yet....I tend to think about things for quite a while before I do them. It appears to be very useful for people who have been floxed and get intense flares of pain when they eat foods that are inflammatory for them. I'm in that category; many say just fasting helps them a lot (because they are not eating anything at all, therefore not eating anything inflammatory) but I am underweight and fasting is not such a good idea. When eating the "wrong thing" causes you to be awake all night with pain, a test like that starts to be attractive. Especially since basically all pain killers are contra-indicated for those who have been floxed, because they make the problem worse since the majority of them contain fluoride, which is apparently the causal factor. So for someone just trying to improve their health, a lot of $$ but for those in intense pain because of what they eat and they have trouble nailing it down, perhaps a godsend.

Ben.

I haven't done it yet....I tend to think about things for quite a while before I do them. It appears to be very useful for people who have been floxed and get intense flares of pain when they eat foods that are inflammatory for them. I'm in that category; many say just fasting helps them a lot (because they are not eating anything at all, therefore not eating anything inflammatory) but I am underweight and fasting is not such a good idea. When eating the "wrong thing" causes you to be awake all night with pain, a test like that starts to be attractive. Especially since basically all pain killers are contra-indicated for those who have been floxed, because they make the problem worse since the majority of them contain fluoride, which is apparently the causal factor. So for someone just trying to improve their health, a lot of $$ but for those in intense pain because of what they eat and they have trouble nailing it down, perhaps a godsend.

I understand, i realy do. How much money have i wasted to make things better. Afterall depending on the situation what point does money or materialism have if one is suffering chronicly? You or anyone else should/will take whatever option at that point in time seems to be the right one, even if it is a risky/expensive one.

My apology for my original reply, that text holds anger i have towards thoose profiting from other peoples misery without providing actual help.