benadryl question

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I've been searching to find at what dose this antihistamine begins to impact serotonin levels/act as an SSRI? If anyone knows the quick and easy answer I would be grateful to know the answer. I had thought it was a higher dose but can't seem to find where I read that before.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Blossom said:
I've been searching to find at what dose this antihistamine begins to impact serotonin levels/act as an SSRI? If anyone knows the quick and easy answer I would be grateful to know the answer. I had thought it was a higher dose but can't seem to find where I read that before.

I think this has been (somewhat) answered here:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2248

Basically, anything lower than 150mg daily should only act as antihistamine, and higher than that would act like SSRI as well.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
haidut said:
Blossom said:

I think this has been (somewhat) answered here:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2248

Basically, anything lower than 150mg daily should only act as antihistamine, and higher than that would act like SSRI as well.
Thanks haidut, I knew I had read it on the forum somewhere. I also discovered that benadryl has anticholinergic actions which is an added bonus. Wilfid had mentioned in your post on the cancer debate that RP seemed to focus on the anticholinergics in their last communication. Benadryl may not be the best one but it's easy to get and good to know nonetheless. I'm using 25-50mg so that puts my mind at ease.

Philomath

Blossom,
Are you using Benadryl instead of cyproheptadine because it's easier to get? Or are you using it as a stop-gap? Do you get tired or groggy when using it in the day? Lastly, what do you use- pill, gel cap, liquid??
Thx

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals