Benadryl Or Famotidine For SIBO?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
b-vitamins and their co-factors.

Dobbler

Don't touch famotidine, it's stomach acid blocker, and one of the main causes of SIBO is low stomach acid. Cyproheptadine is much much better choice, as it doesnt touch stomach acid, but lowers serotonin which increases digestion and metabolism greatly. I have no idea about benadryl.

OP
LuckyCat

LuckyCat

Thanks - I was wondering about the serotonin affect and if it would help SIBO. I was hoping I wasn’t too far off base!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Lewistx

Don't touch famotidine, it's stomach acid blocker, and one of the main causes of SIBO is low stomach acid. Cyproheptadine is much much better choice, as it doesnt touch stomach acid, but lowers serotonin which increases digestion and metabolism greatly. I have no idea about benadryl.
I know for sure to not use anymore acid reducers calcium carbonate Tums destroyed my digestion 1 year later still can't gain weight

Tarmander

if you had to choose those two, pepcid. Although there are better things for SIBO

TucsonJJ

Would you believe me if I told you it is most likely b vitamin deficiencies?

SIBO, GERD, LPR, IBS, & Colitis Could Be Vitamin B3 Deficiency - "Niacin Treats Digestive Problems"
Hi, old thread I know... but YOU are still around, yes?? :):

Would niacinamide work for this as well as niacin? Also... no one has responded to my questions about Chlorpheniramine... my allergy Doc loves it, but does it raise serotonin? In low doses? I take 2mg in the afternoon, not sleepy, but more relaxed... and 2-4mg in the evenings and it really helps me, with allergies and sleep.
Is benadryl better? Most products are loaded with toxic ingredients, I did find some with only PEG being potentially a problem... thanks!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals