Being Wrong Feels Like Being Right

Xisca

I dunno why... when I saw the title of this ted talk, I clicked!
Are we wrong about being wrong?

On being wrong

<div style="max-width:854px"><div style="position:relative;height:0;padding-bottom:56.25%"><iframe src="TED: Ideas worth spreading" width="854" height="480" style="position:absolute;left:0;top:0;width:100%;height:100%" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen></iframe></div></div>

OP
Xisca

Xisca

I did something wrong to paste the link?

OP
Xisca

Xisca

Last edited:

michael94

@Xisca
As long as you're not lying and recognize what is right when it shows up, then yes I agree. The major problems we face in healthcare, finance, etc. are not due to incompetence but deception.

OP
Xisca

Xisca

Hi @michael94 Is it so easy to recognize what is right? You can find proofs for everything and its contrary. And I loved her example of the coyote who did not feel that something was wrong.... When you are wrong, you indeed feel the same as when right, as long as you do not know.

She forgot to mention the shaming of people who were wrong... I thought she was going to talk about it when she spoke about school.
I see a lot of incompetence around, in what country do you live?
Deception, of whom? Clients?

Ledo

Must play at 1.5 speed, yikes that hurt for a while.

Ironically, that talk was about 6 years ago but she perfectly described the current political climate with the establishment globalist forces on a rampage against anyone opposing them using a hapless American Left electorate in a chorus of those on the right are uneducated, ignorant, evil and mean, racists, sexist, bigoted homophobe deplorables. Just think about it, the entire American left thinks the entire American right is what I just described! Unbelievable really. I wonder how many on the left could accurately describe what those on the right really believe? .01% at most? Talk about being wrong and not knowing it. I bet the speaker voted for hillary too!

OP
Xisca

Xisca

Oh yes you talk about her saying about the 3 reactions when people do not acknowledge we are right!
It also looks like forum :pillowfight: they do not understand that I am right -> they are ignorant -> I inform more -> gosh they are idiots - or they know I am right but they are making whatever profit... How evil :cuss and comes :hattip :extinguishflame

Ledo

Hi @michael94 Is it so easy to recognize what is right? You can find proofs for everything and its contrary. And I loved her example of the coyote who did not feel that something was wrong.... When you are wrong, you indeed feel the same as when right, as long as you do not know.

She forgot to mention the shaming of people who were wrong... I thought she was going to talk about it when she spoke about school.
I see a lot of incompetence around, in what country do you live?
Deception, of whom? Clients?
Xisca, I think he means the deception is a feature, not a bug. Most things aren't "wrong" as in gosh, how did we mess this up so bad? I tried but I was wrong etc, etc, so complicated... but rather a purposely designed systems to meet an objective or goal rooted in self interested power.

THe current healthcare system is an example where the donor class prohibited any change to the current US sickcare rationed death ,big data, social control/genocide of a system PUT IN BY A DIFFERENT POLITICAL PARTY but made to look like promises to change it didn't happen due to incompetence.

Tarmander

some Ted talks try way too hard...god if I had a nickel every time I heard "I think we should address this as a culture and society." Like auditions for govt positions

michael94

some Ted talks try way too hard...god if I had a nickel every time I heard "I think we should address this as a culture and society." Like auditions for govt positions
Similar levels of political correctness.

Where is the Ted talk about how our financial system/money supply is a scam and most debt is interest on money that was deceptively "earned" in the first place? It is obvious but no motivational speakers or politicians talk about this problem even though 90% of their target audience are debt slaves.

edited in 2 words

Tarmander

Where is the Ted talk about how our financial system/money supply is a scam and most debt is interest on money that was deceptively "earned" in the first place? It is obvious but no motivational speakers or politicians talk about this problem even though 90% of their target audience are debt slaves.

edited in 2 words
Tough to talk about things that threaten your funding.

ha!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom