BEING PUSHED TOWARDS HYSTERECTOMY.... NOT KEEN AFTER READING ABOUT THE DARK side

yerrag

This happened to a close girlfriend of mine.

I hope it’s ok to relay her story.

She was premenopausal. Bloated constantly. Was originally told it was her diet. Then told it was diverticulitis.

After her periods ceased and her pain increased and bowel was obstructed: they found a contained cancerous cyst the size of a large cantaloupe.

She did indeed have it surgically removed. With all her other parts. Underwent chemotherapy afterward as well.

Looking back: she sees the total hysterectomy and the chemo were unnecessary. Her opinion.
She sees it as her body miraculously self contained the cancerous cells into a cyst- and that’s what needed removal- not anything else.

She is perfectly well now.
But in the moment. In the craziness of it all. In that she trusted her doctors and their recommendations. Rushed from consult to consult. Told it was a life or death emergency....
She sees that as a giant lesson learned.
I agree with your friend.

The prudent thing would be to just remove the cyst. If the other parts are to be removed, it can still be done later.

Of course, effort must be made to avoid a follow-up surgery so one should then follow the removal of the cyst with a visit to a naturopath with good experience, and not with a voodoo medical establishment doctor. Many suggestions offered by other members can be considered.

Since I'm not a woman, is it wrong of me to think that if a child can be born without removing the reproductive parts of the body, why should the cyst be an exception?

After all, isn't a fetus somewhat of a foreign matter, except that a healthy body knows to direct the immune system away from destroying this 'foreign matter?'

Last edited:

Lollipop2

Remove the cyst, leave the rest. Make sure the surgeon signs some sort of guarantee.

yerrag

Remove the cyst, leave the rest. Make sure the surgeon signs some sort of guarantee.
Good thinking.

Especially if the doc thinks he's doing it for your own good. Well meaning people have a tendency to think that way, not aware of their own stupidity.

Re naturopath, I'd like one that is well acquainted with terrain theory and pleomorphism, as that opens up avenues for modalities such as homeopathy. Simpler solutions that don't cost a fortune, get you to truly heal, and don't keep you tied down like a dog on invisible fencing, making it a necessity for you to be within a certain mile radius of a hospital just in case of a likely emergency situation, rather than having free rein to build your own log cabin say in Colorado.

Last edited:
OP
E
My daughter relayed back to me some of the points made with the gynaecologist as she recorded the conversation.
1) she said it could be in my favour the fact that I've had this cyst growing for over a year
2) She told me my uterus and ovaries were useless and have been since my menopause.
3) she said I would need a full hysterectomy uterus, ovaries,
neck of the womb
4) she said during my surgery if she did not do the hysterectomy there could be abnormal cells or traces of cancer and if she did not do this operation it would be negligence on her part.

So am I to assume these scans I'm having tomorrow will reveal cancer if it is there??

I will be having a face-to-face appointment with this doctor on Friday.

I imagine this is where she will push me for the full hysterectomy.

I forgot to mention the last thing she said was women have no oestrogen or progesterone after menopause??

I am very grateful for all the replies and feed back from everyone who contributed... I can't find the emoji button

OP
E
I know progesterone drops pretty dramatically but I'm sure oestrogen does not,
at least not for most women.

She said my TSH was a bit high but still within normal 4... something

yerrag

she said during my surgery if she did not do the hysterectomy there could be abnormal cells or traces of cancer and if she did not do this operation it would be negligence on her part.
This is what I fear every time a test is made, is that the doctor has already made a foregone conclusion and that the test or scan is a mere stamp of that, even though the test can be inconclusive, it is highly blindly to be interpreted by a doctor to be a cancer that is not benign.

it is really up to the patient to decide and not the doctor. Sometimes a doctor will do some drama and say she is quitting caring for you because you don't respect her.

freyasam

Have you tried oral progesterone (progest-e) and thyroid? Hoping the best for you.

OP
E
@yerrag
I know exactly what you're saying I felt that from her immediately,
this also worries me as in the conversation I think she was quite annoyed that I spoke up about certain things.

Maybe I should get some stuff printed out to show her at the face-to-face but this could make them more angry

OP
E
I finished my progesterone two weeks ago and the one I am waiting for in the mail has not arrived yet.
Anyway according to literature I wasn't taking nearly enough to tackle a cyst of this size... I hope it arrives soon

yerrag

@yerrag
I know exactly what you're saying I felt that from her immediately,
this also worries me as in the conversation I think she was quite annoyed that I spoke up about certain things.

Maybe I should get some stuff printed out to show her at the face-to-face but this could make them more angry
They're so used to herding cattle that an intelligent person would annoy them.

I dealt with one neurologist whom I know had already made up her mind about my mom being 92 and destined for the feed lot aka hospice, and wanted an EEG to merely legitimize her decision. I said no. She resigned and over the next 10 days my mom recovered and left the hospital ambulant. I had made my own food with magnesium and sugar (and other stuff) so her nerves recovered ( they were destroyed by Cipro that another doctor prescribed to fix chills another doctor caused by giving my mom parenteral nutrition containing a lot of PUFA soya oil that wrecked her sugar metabolism and blood sugar balance. The chain goes longer.but you get the idea).

OP
E
Exactly and now I am in the eye of the storm myself.
My husband who passed away from mesothelioma was giving that horrible obnoxious pufa laden
Ensure... Suffice to say I never gave it to him at home I changed it to Egg flips as in eggnog

Ben.

They're so used to herding cattle that an intelligent person would annoy them.

This exactly. Nothing is more annoying for a doctor than a person that asks questions and trys to figure out whats going on.

The sad part is, i haven't met just one but im confident to say that 95% of thoose i've met have this superiority godcomplex in them. And i woudn't be surprised if that was the case worldwide. Most doctors practice the wrong job. But i guess that doesn't matter when its actually about money and prestige.

yerrag

This exactly. Nothing is more annoying for a doctor than a person that asks questions and trys to figure out whats going on.

The sad part is, i haven't met just one but im confident to say that 95% of thoose i've met have this superiority godcomplex in them. And i woudn't be surprised if that was the case worldwide. Most doctors practice the wrong job. But i guess that doesn't matter when its actually about money and prestige.
The sure way to keep useful low life's working for you as you abuse them with insults or make them do really demeaning work (like killing people left and right) is to give them a high salary. Add prestige like titles and some power and they're hooked.

A genocidal mercenary is just as human as the next doctor you see in a hospital. Or should I say just as psycho.

Both have too much to lose to stop their rampage.

Source Code

The girl i know was told she'd never have kids and thry were pushing for the operation but she says the thuja was a life changer.

Ildikó

Hi, just hoping for some guidance.. I am in a big dilemma regarding my health.
I have a very large cyst coming from my left ovary, diagnosed first by my GP as a large mass and then two ultrasounds one of them trans vaginal
After the GP visit I was urgently referred to my local hospitals gynaecological team... Two more scans tomorrow at 6:30, not sure if they are CT scans or MRI scans. It's being done in a mobile unit in a hospital car park.

I had an appointment with the gyno/surgeon last Friday surgery is arranged for the 29th of December.
The Big C has not been mentioned,there are some things in my favour but I know there is a reasonable chance as I'm postmenopausal older lady
My CA 125 NUMBER (TUMOUR MARKER IS 35... Normal range being 0 to 35, she did mention she thought that number would be much higher considering the size of my cyst.. . even though it's not a definitive marker.

She said there are varying types of cysts and mine is a complex cyst which carries more risk.
She obviously said removal of the cyst straight away and then I think it was a full or partial hysterectomy which obviously threw me a bit... She went on to tell me that ovaries do nothing after menopause which I know is an absolute lie even the uterus performs functions that a woman needs for the whole of her life. Obviously if this cyst is cancerous I understand that certain things have to happen but she is more or less saying that it'll have to come out and I have no use for it anyway maybe down the line sort of stuff..
Hi,
First of all i do apologise for my english it is not my native language.
I had almost the same size ovarian cyst and had laparoscopic bilateral oophorectomy 2,5 years ago. I was postmenopausal, 58 years old when i had my surgery. My pre diagnostic CT, MRI, Ca number did not suggest any reason being cancerous. It was also complex cyst and i had a very little one on my other ovary also. Having that size cyst made me to loose my apetite, feeling fool just after a few bite, constant going to have a pee. It was very unconfortable.
The surgery has been made by a onco gynacologist and both of my ovaries been removed, the pathology showed borderline ovarian tumor on my big cyst. After my inital surgery whitin 6 month or so i had a second abdominal surgery for staging which showed no signs of implant on any of my surounding organs. There is no way they can tell you if the cyst is benign without surgery and pathology result.
I have no problems since the surgery, i only wish i had the abdominal surgery the first time saving me a second one. The general anesthesia puts a huge stress on the body.
I hava recovered well from both of the surgeries, i have to go for check-ups at first it was 3 monthly and now 6 monthly and after 3 years i will go for only once yearly check-up.
These size of cyst takes a long time to grow that size, unfortunately I did not go to a gynacologist for quite a long time due to moving to a different country.
Now, after finding Ray Peat just a year ago I try to eat according to his suggestions and also taking progest-E. Unfortunately after my ovaries being removed i felt like having a second, surgical menopause with hot flushes and night sweats.
I am in the process of trying to support my body in every level.
I just ordered cynomel also,(already take 40 mcg of t4)due to my high cholesterol, low body temperature, low resting pulse.
Looks like my body is not converting t4 to active t3, I asked Dr Peat in e-mail and he suggested to take t3 as well because t4 alone will not improve my metabolism, especially in my age.
I was happier that i had the big cyst out because it was worrying me very much and personaly i think that the progesteron would have been effective in preventing having the cyst to form or may be curing small cysts in PCOS.
Hope you will make the decision which suits you the best, i know it is very difficult but it was no question for me that I wanted it out.

Summer

My mom had the same issue. She is also postmenopausal. She had cysts on both ovaries and it was causing her pain. We were both worried it was cancer as the markers for it were high. I thank God that it wasn’t. She got the hysterectomy but her cysts were causing her awful pain. I had her taking vitamins D and K in the morning and progesterone at night months before the surgery. I think they’re all very helpful as a precaution/weapon against cancer but I do wonder if progesterone could ever shrink a dermoid cyst given the material it’s made of.

JudiBlueHen

Forum Supporter
I had a vaginal (cervix & womb, not ovaries) hysterectomy when I was 36, due to cancerous pap smear and previously polycystic ovaries. The PCOS was discovered when I was 19 and was apparently cured by using birth control for a few years. I subsequently had two healthy children. And just a short while later, the cervical carcinoma. The operation was relatively easy and I have not had any related problems since then. And that was a very long time ago.

It sounds like the safest approach is to get the cyst(s) surgically removed and the have the hysterectomy. Your cyst is far too large to just wait and see. My thoughts are with you as I know it is frightening.