BEING PUSHED TOWARDS HYSTERECTOMY.... NOT KEEN AFTER READING ABOUT THE DARK side

Hi, just hoping for some guidance.. I am in a big dilemma regarding my health.
I have a very large cyst coming from my left ovary, diagnosed first by my GP as a large mass and then two ultrasounds one of them trans vaginal
After the GP visit I was urgently referred to my local hospitals gynaecological team... Two more scans tomorrow at 6:30, not sure if they are CT scans or MRI scans. It's being done in a mobile unit in a hospital car park.

I had an appointment with the gyno/surgeon last Friday surgery is arranged for the 29th of December.
The Big C has not been mentioned,there are some things in my favour but I know there is a reasonable chance as I'm postmenopausal older lady
My CA 125 NUMBER (TUMOUR MARKER IS 35... Normal range being 0 to 35, she did mention she thought that number would be much higher considering the size of my cyst.. . even though it's not a definitive marker.

She said there are varying types of cysts and mine is a complex cyst which carries more risk.
She obviously said removal of the cyst straight away and then I think it was a full or partial hysterectomy which obviously threw me a bit... She went on to tell me that ovaries do nothing after menopause which I know is an absolute lie even the uterus performs functions that a woman needs for the whole of her life. Obviously if this cyst is cancerous I understand that certain things have to happen but she is more or less saying that it'll have to come out and I have no use for it anyway maybe down the line sort of stuff..

OP
E
When I asked her if the cyst is benign why do I need a hysterectomy She More less answered with their might tiny traces of cancer and best procedure is hysterectomy.
I just feel I'm being pushed this way and that's the way they do things regardless

P

Peatness

I would refuse CT scan as they are not safe. If the cyst is not causing you issues why remove it? I was told I had a cyst which turned out not be a cyst after I declined surgery. They had already booked my surgery. Imagine if I went ahead with it?

OP
E
I posted in a previous thread about my bloated belly but no gas, because I thought I had a bad bacteria stomach because of antibiotics a dirty antibiotic in particular which was prescribed after my heart surgery in June 2020 which I'm still not recovered from.
All along it was a cyst growing inside me

P

Peatness

I posted in a previous thread about my bloated belly but no gas, because I thought I had a bad bacteria stomach because of antibiotics a dirty antibiotic in particular which was prescribed after my heart surgery in June 2020 which I'm still not recovered from.
All along it was a cyst growing inside me
I'm sorry about that. Request an MRI not a CT scan just to avoid radiation. Perhaps discuss options without hysterectomy. Have you emailed Dr Peat about this?

OP
E
No problem Pina I'm just really anxious and worried and the scan is for tomorrow at 6:30 they're calling it very urgent because this cyst so big . Measurements of the first two ultrasounds was 19 by 17 by 12 cm and last week they said it was 26 cm I just feel if I refuse now because of all this Corona crap I'll be late and I am worried

OP
E
Maybe there's something I can take to lessen the damage all I have on hand is methylene blue progesterone obviously aspirin dmso so can't think of anything else.

OP
E
Does anybody know if dmso can help at all the reason I am asking this is last Christmas when I had my heart attack which ended up with me having quadruple heart surgery in June on the day of the heart attack I drank dmso twice because I had looked at research saying it was protective 2 the heart muscle.
And I will never forget the Cardio saying to me that my heart muscle was in excellent condition I always wondered if it would had anything to do with the dmso

Peatful

This happened to a close girlfriend of mine.

I hope it’s ok to relay her story.

She was premenopausal. Bloated constantly. Was originally told it was her diet. Then told it was diverticulitis.

After her periods ceased and her pain increased and bowel was obstructed: they found a contained cancerous cyst the size of a large cantaloupe.

She did indeed have it surgically removed. With all her other parts. Underwent chemotherapy afterward as well.

Looking back: she sees the total hysterectomy and the chemo were unnecessary. Her opinion.
She sees it as her body miraculously self contained the cancerous cells into a cyst- and that’s what needed removal- not anything else.

She is perfectly well now.
But in the moment. In the craziness of it all. In that she trusted her doctors and their recommendations. Rushed from consult to consult. Told it was a life or death emergency....
She sees that as a giant lesson learned.

Waynish

1) Tell her that her that the prefrontal cortex is vestigial on many people and tell her that her energy requirements will be reduced with it removed. I would recommend it for her.
2) Rub progest-e on the skin above your ovaries every day w/ a bit of coconut oil
3) Put a warm infrared light on your ovaries for a minimum of ~15m per day. A lot longer is fine.
4) This is a systemic problem; I've seen countless fat / frumpy girls with these types of cysts. Change the lifestyle long-term and the ovaries will follow.

mostlylurking

Maybe there's something I can take to lessen the damage all I have on hand is methylene blue progesterone obviously aspirin dmso so can't think of anything else.
Do NOT allow them to give you contrast dye for the MRI. New warnings for gadolinium-based contrast agents (GBCAs) for MRI.

Gadolinium (the "contrast dye") is a heavy metal with lots of dangerous side effects that stay with you forever. They can see what they need to see without it.

Have you talked with your doctor about getting a big dose of progesterone to possibly rupture the cyst? Many years ago, I had an ovarian cyst and my OBGYN gave me a shot of progesterone and the cyst ruptured on its own. I know there was discussion about this topic on the Herb Doctors with Ray Peat. An older lady called in with this issue and the recommendation was taking progesterone to resolve the problem.

If this happened to me and I had a knife happy doctor, I'd for sure get a second and third opinion before I allowed anybody to cut on me.

I had an MRI about a year ago to look at my kidneys. I refused the contrast dye; it really made the doctor mad. Tough. When I got home, my innards really hurt/ached after the MRI. I laid down and shined a red light (heat lamp/chicken brooder light) on my stomach for about 30-45 minutes. It helped a lot and the discomfort went away.

Last edited:
OP
E
not sure how I can postpone the scan don't know which one it is they are both tomorrow. I think it is upper abdomen and chest can't remember I've been so stressed
the Only Good Thing maybe in my favour is the fact I have never had a scan In My Life bar the two ultrasounds a week ago.
I know most people on the forum won't agree but I am terrified and hopeful in equal measures the fact that I'm being seen so quickly as I haven't seen a doctor in the last 2 years even straight after my heart surgery.

Dr. B

Do NOT allow them to give you contrast dye for the MRI. New warnings for gadolinium-based contrast agents (GBCAs) for MRI.

Gadolinium (the "contrast dye") is a heavy metal with lots of dangerous side effects that stay with you forever. They can see what they need to see without it.

Have you talked with your doctor about getting a big dose of progesterone to possibly rupture the cyst? Many years ago, I had an ovarian cyst and my OBGYN gave me a shot of progesterone and the cyst ruptured on its own. I know there was discussion about this topic on the Herb Doctors with Ray Peat. An older lady called in with this issue and the recommendation was taking progesterone to resolve the problem.

If this happened to me and I had a knife happy doctor, I'd for sure get a second and third opinion before I allowed anybody to cut on me.

I had an MRI about a year ago to look at my kidneys. I refused the contrast dye; it really made the doctor mad. Tough. When I got home, my innards really hurt/ached after the MRI. I laid down and shined a red light (heat lamp/chicken brooder light) on my stomach for about 30-45 minutes. It helped a lot and the discomfort went away.
are MRIS (without any contrast dye or ingested things) unsafe. I thought Rays articles said mri and ultrasound are safe, xrays and ct scans need to be always avoided

LuMonty

I can also add my support for progesterone. One of my friends had cysts "covering" (doctor's words) her ovaries so bad it was impossible for her to have children. Always had hormonal problems as a result. She found a good doctor who prescribed Prometrium as a suppository. I was surprised since that's actual progesterone and not the usual progestin. Anyhow, moral of the story is not only did her problem almost completely go away in a year, but she was also able to conceive after being told her whole life she'd never have children.