Being In Ocean Water - Any Benefits?

lampofred

I truly prefer cold, rainy, cloudy weather to sunshine and beaches...

Jennifer

For me, a day at the beach swimming in the ocean is equivalent to an hour-long massage -- it leaves me feeling incredibly relaxed and sleeping like a baby. Oh, and well fed -- a beach day always includes grilling and to me, grilling makes everything taste better. I know quite a few people who feel the same way as lampofred, though.

orewashin

Yes.
Ray has mentioned the negative ions help the lungs neutralize serotonin.
May also help reduce asthma symptoms.
Interesting that RP has something positive to say about a low-altitude climate. I guess living low and away from the ocean is lose-lose.

Michael Mohn

Swimming in the ocean reliefs my psoriasis almost instantly. Swimming and zero gravity does relax and calm my nervous system like pushing a reset button.

orewashin

Swimming in the ocean reliefs my psoriasis almost instantly. Swimming and zero gravity does relax and calm my nervous system like pushing a reset button.
I dunno, usually ocean water is quite cold, but then again, I live in the New England states and travel to the coast during the early summer.

My father has an issue with cold water, which he attributes to old age.

I avoid jumping into cold water suddenly because I think it would be too shocking to my system, so I gradually rub cold water higher and higher on myself.

Michael Mohn

I dunno, usually ocean water is quite cold, but then again, I live in the New England states and travel to the coast during the early summer.

My father has an issue with cold water, which he attributes to old age.

I avoid jumping into cold water suddenly because I think it would be too shocking to my system, so I gradually rub cold water higher and higher on myself.

Go to a warm country then. Nobody said freezing to death is beneficial.

Aymen

it's good to swim in ocean/sea water, but just don't swim there all day, an hour with exercise (for example holding breath under water to increase co2 is a good idea), you will feel more relaxed later as @Jennifer said and maybe you will have a greater appetite, higher libido, deeper sleep, more calm, etc.
i never did well when i drank milk 2 hours before swimming, i always freezed when i left the sea if i had milk but starch seems to do well with me before swimming, have a good day with some family member or friends and take the sunlight and maybe do a few sprints before jumping in the cold water.
here is a quote from RP:
"Yes, if you breath in a paper bag, it's the same thing as voluntarily holding your breath. Swimming under water will do the same thing. Anytime you hold your breath or breathe in a paper bag or force yourself to stay under water for as long as you can stand: That is raising the carbon dioxide and sort of acting as a sedative on your nervous system, so you stop the excited adrenalin-driven over-ventilation, and you can gradually train yourself with a paper bag or swimming under water or just making the deliberate effort not to breathe so much."

but also don't forget that some ocean/sea water has more toxins than others, look for places where there is a few toxins or maybe if you are a traveler you can google and search for countries with clean sea water, it also has fluoride and maybe some minerals, you don't want to swim all day and that you will absorb a lot of fluoride so 1 hour is not a bad idea, you get the benefits from increased co2 and lower stress hormones and increased testosterone and still you are exposing yourself to some negative things like fluoride but that's fine imo you are just doing it in summer, it still better than the chlorinated swimming pool which has more chlorine than the tap water, chlorine is an endocrine disrupting that you should avoid, i don't stress that much about swimming in chlorinated pools but i never liked it, the sea water is much more pleasant to swim in when summer arrive.

Last edited:

orewashin

it's good to swim in ocean/sea water, but just don't swim there all day, an hour with exercise (for example holding breath under water to increase co2 is a good idea), you will feel more relaxed later as @Jennifer said and maybe you will have a greater appetite, higher libido, deeper sleep, more calm, etc.
i never did well when i drank milk 2 hours before swimming, i always freezed when i left the sea if i had milk but starch seems to do well with me before swimming, have a good day with some family member or friends and take the sunlight and maybe do a few sprints before jumping in the cold water.
here is a quote from RP:
"Yes, if you breath in a paper bag, it's the same thing as voluntarily holding your breath. Swimming under water will do the same thing. Anytime you hold your breath or breathe in a paper bag or force yourself to stay under water for as long as you can stand: That is raising the carbon dioxide and sort of acting as a sedative on your nervous system, so you stop the excited adrenalin-driven over-ventilation, and you can gradually train yourself with a paper bag or swimming under water or just making the deliberate effort not to breathe so much."

but also don't forget that some ocean/sea water has more toxins than others, look for places where there is a few toxins or maybe if you are a traveler you can google and search for countries with clean sea water, it also has fluoride and maybe some minerals, you don't want to swim all day and that you will absorb a lot of fluoride so 1 hour is not a bad idea, you get the benefits from increased co2 and lower stress hormones and increased testosterone and still you are exposing yourself to some negative things like fluoride but that's fine imo you are just doing it in summer, it still better than the chlorinated swimming pool which has more chlorine than the tap water, chlorine is an endocrine disrupting that you should avoid, i don't stress that much about swimming in chlorinated pools but i never liked it, the sea water is much more pleasant to swim in when summer arrive.
The thing about ocean water cleanliness is interesting. Do you know anything about countries with clean or dirty ocean water? Or maybe you have some experiences?

Aymen

The thing about ocean water cleanliness is interesting. Do you know anything about countries with clean or dirty ocean water? Or maybe you have some experiences?
i don't know, i just look for cleanliness by cities in my country, you can ask knowledgeable people in your country which city is clean and they will help you.

equipoise

Waterpolo with the boys now when summer has come is very very good and fun. Hardest sport to proper play though, but very good. Mind the carbs and the calories. I find oxidal before indulging in water and swimming very beneficial. Must breathe properl with swimming

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals