Being In Ocean Water - Any Benefits?

cyclops

I dont think this has been discussed, but it just popped into my mind, because I never step foot in ocean water. But I bet for many people, especially those fortunate enough to live in sunny warm climates near beautiful ocean water, they do so all the time.

It seems likes a natural human activity and knowing how much we absorb through the skin, I was wondering if their are any special benefits from spending time in the ocean? besides of course just the positive mental benefits of having fun or being in the sun.

It's claimed to be beneficial. Grounding probably.

Lilac

I have a memory of Ray saying or writing that swimming in the ocean poses a risk. Exposure to bacteria, maybe? Also, I remember he said that the risk to women was greater.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

I have a memory of Ray saying or writing that swimming in the ocean poses a risk. Exposure to bacteria, maybe? Also, I remember he said that the risk to women was greater.

I hadn't read that, but thats a good point. I should not have assumed it to be beneficial, maybe swimming in the ocean is actually net negative for some reasons. Definitely would like to learn either way.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

I have read about grounding and believe in it; I try to walk barefoot on grass when I can. But I was wondering more if ocean water on your skin (probably being absorbed) has benefits.

Kunstruct

I would assume there would be a lot of minerals that would likely be absorbed.
Of course lots of sodium, sulphate, chlorine, magnesium and various toxins if your area happens to have them because they are dumped there or they come downstream from rivers where many factories dump their residues.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

so it seems like a mixed bag then, potentially lots of good and bad. I guess if the water is clean, its real good then. I bet those real clear water beaches are pretty good.

Dave Clark

Not to mention the obvious stuff like stepping on sea urchins, jellyfish, sharp coral, sharks, etc. I would pick a beach with no tributaries from any industry or sewage treatment, soft, clean sandy bottom, and shallow enough water to see what is around you.
I thought I had read somewhere that sea water was very high in magnesium chloride, something like over 50%. That's where they get the magnesium oil, from ancient sea beds, etc.

mangoes

I think apart from the obvious pollutant possibility it’s probably good for you. I also think natural hot springs are healthful too.

Kunstruct

Seawater/Oceanwater has a lot of Chloride and if feels better saying it has Magnesium Chloride and ignore it has Chloride go ahead it is still there.
Sodium was always know to be huge in these waters, back in the days this was a common things, not very liked these days and often simply left out of the discussion because it is considered a major negative by almost everyone these days. None the less Sodium is still there.

1920px-Sea_salt-e-dp_hg.svg.png

scoobydoo

Does it make you happy? Science does not have to be at the forefront of all our decisions. Many things can improve our health dramatically if it is something we enjoy

I am about to spend a week next to the ocean
One of my personal best healers

linx

Forum Supporter
I believe the ocean exposes you to lots of negative ions which are supposed to make you feel calm and happy.

Attakai

Always sleep well and have a much stronger libido after being in the ocean

whit

I believe the ocean exposes you to lots of negative ions which are supposed to make you feel calm and happy.

Yes.
Ray has mentioned the negative ions help the lungs neutralize serotonin.
May also help reduce asthma symptoms.

HUF

When I surfed daily I was the healthiest ever. Never seen a shark and been surfing for 25 years lol. The ocean is an amazing place combine the salt with the sunshine, sound of waves etc its a winner.

Soren

Forum Supporter
Depends on the water if it is clean and not too warm (breeding for bacteria) I think it is very healthy.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals