• Wear a mask and forget about your principles

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • Wear a mask but cut a hole big enough to smoke a cigarette

Votes: 16 14.7%
  • Do as you’re told. You are state property. Accept it

Votes: 4 3.7%

• Total voters

tankasnowgod

For one, I never said anything about mandates. I think everybody should wear a (non-n95) mask because its the right thing to do. That said, my county does require it and does have fines for not complying. I don't have a problem with that given that I am wearing one anyway. Further, stores and other establishments are absolutely empowered to refuse service on any criteria at all, except for race, gender, sexual orientation, age . . . .

As for proving the things you say, studying these things in a controlled environment is not a bad idea. Expecting it to be done before anybody adopts what is otherwise a simple and easy and prima facie harmless. Surgical masks have been worn for centuries in various contexts without a hint of trouble. I generally respect the reason and support you bring to an argument, but this one really is a wild strawman. I mean, perhaps we should seek proof that baseball caps don't cause brain cancer before we consider wearing one?

It's funny that you think everyone should wear a non-95 mask, as that's the only mask that has a chance of stopping a virus. Are you suggesting that the "right" thing to do is spread the virus while giving everyone else a false sense of security that you aren't? What's the possible logic here?

Well, if you're not talking about mandates, then you are trying to change my opinion. The only way you are going to do that is with facts.

As far as Surgical masks being worn "without a hint of trouble...." you are just flat out wrong. I posted this study to the forum years ago-

http://scielo.isciii.es/pdf/neuro/v19n2/3.pdf

It's just one that looks at the health induced changes of wearing a mask. Do an experiment today, put on a mask and wear it for two hours. Notice if you see any changes in yourself, your level of thinking, your level of lung strain. Notice if you experience a sense of relief after taking it off. Do an experiment when you wear it out in the sun. See if you start to feel too hot.

Jessie

Here's the thing, I would wear a mask on my own volition if I thought it was necessary. And in certain areas where the population of infected cases is concentrated it probably would be necessary. However I don't like being told by the State or their gang of thieves how to dress. Nevertheless, such a mandate will probably be happily accepted by most people. When you really think about it, accepting something such as this is not much different then accepting mandatory seat belt laws.

"The revolution occurs when the victims cease to cooperate." - Karl Hess

sweetpeat

The problem is, if you don't wear a mask, and this thing is a threat to somebody, you are a disease vector. So your failure to care whether you harm others or not is a problem.
If you follow this to its logical conclusion, then shouldn't we be wearing masks all the time in public? People are always potentially disease vectors at any given time for any number of things, especially during cold and flu season, being contagious before showing any symptoms, or maybe never developing symptoms but still being contagious. And people die from these illnesses (or complications from these illnesses) every year in similar numbers to Covid19.

As an aside, I have a friend who works at Walmart. This week she was told, "Find a mask you are comfortable wearing. This will probably be continuing for the next several years."

soul_rebel

The whole not wearing a mask thing as a sign of "freedom" and "liberty" is dumb. If thats your symbol of freedom and autonomy then thats pretty sad. Wear one in crowded public space (common sense), at most what 10-15 min in a store, really not a big deal, even if the whole thing is overblown. Pretty small ask.

managing

"My failure to care wether I harm others"...... What a pathetic attempt at signalling a moral high ground.
I would wear a mask if I was sick caughing and sneezing, because I could actually protect someone from catching it from me.

If you think that asymptomatic people spread the virus, I'd like to see some proof for that. Oh wait there is none.....
How about showing some proof that asymptomatic people don't spread it? If you had symptoms I hope like hell you wouldn't be out in public. And calling it virtue signalling doesn't make it wrong.

managing

It's funny that you think everyone should wear a non-95 mask, as that's the only mask that has a chance of stopping a virus. Are you suggesting that the "right" thing to do is spread the virus while giving everyone else a false sense of security that you aren't? What's the possible logic here?

Well, if you're not talking about mandates, then you are trying to change my opinion. The only way you are going to do that is with facts.

As far as Surgical masks being worn "without a hint of trouble...." you are just flat out wrong. I posted this study to the forum years ago-

http://scielo.isciii.es/pdf/neuro/v19n2/3.pdf

It's just one that looks at the health induced changes of wearing a mask. Do an experiment today, put on a mask and wear it for two hours. Notice if you see any changes in yourself, your level of thinking, your level of lung strain. Notice if you experience a sense of relief after taking it off. Do an experiment when you wear it out in the sun. See if you start to feel too hot.
N95 protects you from others but not vice versa. If you sneeze or cough into it it lifts off of your face. Surgical mask protects others from you (to a significant degree at least).

boris

How about showing some proof that asymptomatic people don't spread it? If you had symptoms I hope like hell you wouldn't be out in public. And calling it virtue signalling doesn't make it wrong.

The whole notion of mysterious asymptomatic spreaders was spread from the very beginning as a fact without any evidence for it. Now you want me to prove to you that people who show no symptoms don't spread a cold virus, don't you realize how ridiculous this is?

Your blind obedience to things you heard on the news (or wherever you got that from) is actually scary.

Last edited:

Attakai

It would be interesting to know how prevalent opposition towards wearing a mask was in other countries. USA is now the epicenter and I wonder why

BingDing

I'm not forced to wear a mask so I have no vote in the survey.

How about a broader survey including wearing a mask because I think not spreading a contagious disease in my community is a principle I agree with?

tankasnowgod

N95 protects you from others but not vice versa. If you sneeze or cough into it it lifts off of your face. Surgical mask protects others from you (to a significant degree at least).

So, how about some personal responsibility, and everyone who's afraid wears an N-95 mask? Why should I, or anyone else, protect others from those too lazy or cheap to protect themselves?

tankasnowgod

The whole notion of mysterious asymptomatic spreaders was spread from the very beginning as a fact without any evidence for it. Now you want me to prove to you that people who show no symptoms don't spread a cold virus, don't you realize how ridiculous this is?

Your blind obedience to things you heard on the news (or wherever you got that from) is actually scary.

It really is. Fantastic claims require fantastic proof, so where is the study or studies about this asymptomatic spread? We all know about Pubmed and Sci Hub here, he should post the studies and let people here review them.

managing

Despite your childish insults, you offer no proof for your opinions, but demand proof for others.

managing

So, how about some personal responsibility, and everyone who's afraid wears an N-95 mask? Why should I, or anyone else, protect others from those too lazy or cheap to protect themselves?
So, you drive on whichever side of the street you feel like at the moment?

managing

It really is. Fantastic claims require fantastic proof, so where is the study or studies about this asymptomatic spread? We all know about Pubmed and Sci Hub here, he should post the studies and let people here review them.
Again, you demand proof of things you don't like, while making unsupported assertions that you expect others to accept.

teds

Forum Supporter
Ha. Love her defense that she's wearing a carbon filter under it, so it's cool!

I bet no one would challenge you on a crochet mask. Mainly cause you "look" the part! "looks" are all that matter in this "pandemic."

The head of the CDC (or NIH, I don't know anymore) Fauci basically said it was all about appearances, anyway.

FWIW, I actually think Milano is now a paid actress on a much bigger stage (albeit, at a lower rate). I think someone (or organization) paid her to spout certain beliefs in the "real world." A much bigger stage than "Who's The Boss?" or "Charmed." And maybe, with more effect. A better ROI, if you will.
absolutely this!

people are just shoving a mask over they face- i don't think iv'e seen a single person on the street wearing it properly- they're touching it, touching stuff/people etc then touching their masks again. How many are replacing after 4 hours? None i'd say.. it's such a joke. It's really marking sheeple out there.

Here in Australia (i'm in melbourne where we have a new 'outbreak') we have been advised to wear masks when we aren't able to socially distance..

also- i BET these sheeple are the same people who complain about people who wear a hijab into stores... thanks karen

Jessie

The whole not wearing a mask thing as a sign of "freedom" and "liberty" is dumb. If thats your symbol of freedom and autonomy then thats pretty sad. Wear one in crowded public space (common sense), at most what 10-15 min in a store, really not a big deal, even if the whole thing is overblown. Pretty small ask.
Thing is, the restriction of one's rights always starts with minute trivial stuff such as this. I don't really want to go down the whole "liberty" rabbit hole, because freedom and liberty tends to be highly subjective. The whole "negative rights' and "positive rights" keeps people arguing about what liberty actually means. Suffice to say. most everyone would agree they don't like being forced into decisions that effects one's well being by a governing body. What happens when mandatory masks turn into mandatory curfews? What happens when mandatory curfews turn into mandatory vaccines? Things can just keep progressing. And things never really return to normal, even after the post-crisis normalization phase. A brilliant guy by the name of Robert Higgs wrote a good book about this, called "Crisis and Leviathan."

boris

Despite your childish insults, you offer no proof for your opinions, but demand proof for others.

Oh the irony............. Who was first. The chicken or the egg?

Your memory doesn't seem to be able to reach further back than one post, or else you would realize that you were first in claiming I infect others without being sick. (I agree @tankasnowgod What an incredible claim, don't you think that would need some incredible evidence, @managing?)

A google search will show you that there is no proof for asymptmatic spread, because they weren't able to prove it.

Last edited:

Attakai

Because the USA has done more testing than any other country. Simple as that.
Not true.
China has done more overall tests.
Russia, UK, UAE, Spain etc have tested a larger percentage of their population than the US

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals