Beer Vs. Liquor

Velve921

When I drink beer it makes me exhausted...liquor gives me no issues. What would be the biggest difference?

pboy

potential lactic acid, undigestible starch residues, yeast toxins which are estrogenic, and its water content is a bit too much for what it supplies tonicity wise

narouz

Ewlevy1 said:
When I drink beer it makes me exhausted...liquor gives me no issues. What would be the biggest difference?

I'm the opposite.
I've tried several times, for Peatly reasons,
to drink, like, vodka instead of, say, Heinekin.
Like a Screwdriver or a White Russian thing.

But...it tastes sortuv repulsively chemically to me,
and doesn't get me high.
Just makes me feel sedated.

I don't know why... :cry:

arinryan

You could try the liquid diet I am currently on (for weight loss new years resolutions!) Black rum and pineapple juice, blended with coconut milk. :cool:

OP
Velve921

Velve921

So yeast, starch, lactic acid, generally might be the causes of estrogenic factor?

I notice red wine really brings me down mentally too...kind of makes me angry to be honest...similarities? Or different mechanisms?

pboy

different in the case of wine, also yeast residues, but also the peels (skins) of the grapes have a high tannin content which is like green vegetables, it basically irritates the gut and digestion....I used to drink wine back when and its all good as youre drinking it, I think once the wine hits the large intestine is when it gets aggravating so like a few hours after consumption, 5-6. It does have a bit more minerals but not significant enough to warrant its consumption in large amounts.

Id be really interested in someone asking Peat about alcohol, I know hes said in some itnerviews its not good for metabolism, but then other quotes saying a little ok in moderation, but then I was listenting to an old interview last night where he says that ethyl alcohol can help reverese age pigment due to its ability to break lipid peroxidied cycle...aka PUFA cycle, so I wonder if ethanol or acetate once its metabolized kind of works similarly to a very short chain fatty acid. I don't drink anymore cause I trust my taste buds, but Im thinking there might be a slight benefit to alcohol ...itself. It might lower liver glycogen and therefore thyroid though, so dunno....dunno

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Ewlevy1 said:
So yeast, starch, lactic acid, generally might be the causes of estrogenic factor?

I notice red wine really brings me down mentally too...kind of makes me angry to be honest...similarities? Or different mechanisms?
Wow! I had the same experience with wine a couple nights ago, I just had one glass and had it with food. I noticed I started feeling angry and got 'rashy' on my neck/upper chest area. I hadn't had wine in years because it had started breaking me out every time I would drink it back in 2012. It just sounded good so I thought what the heck! I had a beer during the holidays and didn't notice any problems so for me it must be something in wine. Maybe suphites? I've never had a problem with vodka and on or vodka and coke. I make myself sound like a big drinker when actually I have less than 4 drinks per year. That's interesting that we both felt it made us angry!?!

mt_dreams

There's too many options for things to go wrong with beer & wine. The mold, the estrogen, the tannins, histamine, sulphites, etc. That being said, beer will for the most part go down smoothly, with the problems occurring behind the scenes. whereas with wine, the reaction can happen instantaneously. If you can tolerate the taste of liquor, it the least problematic alcohol.

I only drink a couple times a year, but I make sure that it's quality liquor (vodka or cognac), as the cheaper kinds leave me a bit on edge the next day. I also dilute it to 10% usually with cream or half & half. I've also tried adding baking soda for some reason which I can't remember, though I didn't notice anything differently.

I was under the impression that taking in alcohol with fructose was not a good idea, making drinks like screwdrivers or anything with sugar not optimal, am I mistaken on this?

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Wow that's interesting!

So potential catalysts could be tannins or sulphitws? Anyone else have thoughts?

The gluten unzips your intestine to allow for better uptake of the essential booze acids.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals