Been doing (mostly) carnivore for the last 3 days

milkboi

I feel like lot of it has to do with stabilized blood sugar and also your bodies preferred fuel source. When you primarily burning carbs, whenever your blood sogar levels go down, there's a noticeable stress reaction because you have less of primary fuel to burn. Whereas when doing low carb you force your body to run on FAO and so low blood sugar levels aren't as stressful (up to a certain threshold) because there's plenty of primary energy substrate (fatty acids, ketones) swimming around in your blood stream. That's at least my theory for why it works better for me. Not peaty at all, I know.
Also, appetite is significantly suppressed compared to when carbs stay in which just requires sooo much less willpower to stay on track

Nomane Euger

Ya cycle your diet intuitively and stop being neurotically analytical unlike every other animal.
hi, this is an unrealistic and irrelevant suggestion, you are claiming that he can simply and intuitively eat without any analysis, so you are assuming that his environment contains the food with all the elements he needs for optimal health and energy, and you therefore assume that these intuitions will necessarily guide him towards the foods that contain what he needs even if he has not experienced them in the past, that his intuitions are infallible and that being analytical is of no use in knowing what we might need,aboluste non sense.why dont you comment the same "intuitions" absolutism on any post from someone that ask for analytical opinions related to diet?

Last edited:

Nomane Euger

I feel like lot of it has to do with stabilized blood sugar and also your bodies preferred fuel source. When you primarily burning carbs, whenever your blood sogar levels go down, there's a noticeable stress reaction because you have less of primary fuel to burn. Whereas when doing low carb you force your body to run on FAO and so low blood sugar levels aren't as stressful (up to a certain threshold) because there's plenty of primary energy substrate (fatty acids, ketones) swimming around in your blood stream. That's at least my theory for why it works better for me. Not peaty at all, I know.
do all the carbs sources that you feel impair your weight loss make you feel worst in term of energy and well being,or some of them make you feel better,yet impair your weight loss?

Jennifer

Hi @Nomane Euger, my mum did both with dairy and without, and with meat and without. She did well with dairy once she switched to goat's milk, but she felt her best with meat.

milkboi

do all the carbs sources that you feel impair your weight loss make you feel worst in term of energy and well being,or some of them make you feel better,yet impair your weight loss?
Yeah they all cause a blood sugar roller coaster to some degree in a deficit

Nomane Euger

Yeah they all cause a blood sugar roller coaster to some degree in a deficit
i dont know if you consider a blood sugar roller coaster as something that worsen your well being,do you feel worst from it?

B

BRBsavinWorld

Adrenaline and cortisol
Yup. I thought I was elevating testosterone on carnivore, but after a few months in, it felt more like anger (still thought that was testosterone lol)
Do some edurance then see how you feel lol
exactly. I could only do a fraction of the workout and manual labor I did prior... I did increase my endurance a little, but, that was short lived... I had to rest more, and lost muscle mass, and did a fraction of the varied long term enduring labor and exercising I did prior to carnivore (even if I could do more reps of an isolated workout routine).
I felt good for about a month on carnivore, then just got more and more rekt until the hole was so deep I couldn’t see out of it.

I think low fiber and plant toxins is why people feel good on it at first. It’s anti-inflammatory until the lack of dietary glucose/calcium and high phosphate really compounds.
yup.

I think people are missing a fundamental aspect of Peat's approach to food... just because you feel better when you remove a food item, doesn't mean you need to, it means there is a gut issue that is preventing its digestion. In fact, avoiding that food item can make it worse: avoiding carbohydrates to starve fungal overgrowth, simply causes it to leach out of the intestines looking for glucose, at which point it becomes a million times worse, and is exactly what happened to me on carnivore! If you had a poor reaction to steak, I wouldn't say go vegan, I'd say fix it! Peat happens to have the solutions that fix indigestibility of healthy foods that humans have consumed for thousands of years!

animalcule

Yup. I thought I was elevating testosterone on carnivore, but after a few months in, it felt more like anger (still thought that was testosterone lol)

exactly. I could only do a fraction of the workout and manual labor I did prior... I did increase my endurance a little, but, that was short lived... I had to rest more, and lost muscle mass, and did a fraction of the varied long term enduring labor and exercising I did prior to carnivore (even if I could do more reps of an isolated workout routine).

yup.

I think people are missing a fundamental aspect of Peat's approach to food... just because you feel better when you remove a food item, doesn't mean you need to, it means there is a gut issue that is preventing its digestion. In fact, avoiding that food item can make it worse: avoiding carbohydrates to starve fungal overgrowth, simply causes it to leach out of the intestines looking for glucose, at which point it becomes a million times worse, and is exactly what happened to me on carnivore! If you had a poor reaction to steak, I wouldn't say go vegan, I'd say fix it! Peat happens to have the solutions that fix indigestibility of healthy foods that humans have consumed for thousands of years!
+1

Absolutely. One of the things that really helped knock me out of carnivore was the dawning realization that none of my ancestors ate only meat, and they were much healthier and resilient than I was. If their body didn’t freak out when they ate a potato or piece of bread, and mine did, then maybe the issue was not the potato/bread, but my digestion. Of course, I still think that mutant foods like modern wheat should be avoided. But you only have to do a little digging to see that so many societies included grains and other starches and were still so much more robust than the creatures we see walking around today.

B

BRBsavinWorld

+1

Absolutely. One of the things that really helped knock me out of carnivore was the dawning realization that none of my ancestors ate only meat, and they were much healthier and resilient than I was. If their body didn’t freak out when they ate a potato or piece of bread, and mine did, then maybe the issue was not the potato/bread, but my digestion. Of course, I still think that mutant foods like modern wheat should be avoided. But you only have to do a little digging to see that so many societies included grains and other starches and were still so much more robust than the creatures we see walking around today.
Yes! I found no appeal to carnivore when I realized that I couldn't eat a single bite of potato or sip of beer or cider, without severe reaction, which all my ancestors ate, and they were all much healthier and vibrant than I, no smaller in stature (6ft), yet much stronger, living into their 90s, as well.

Jennifer

Peat happens to have the solutions that fix indigestibility of healthy foods that humans have consumed for thousands of years!

I wish that were true for everyone. :sad

GreekDemiGod

All due respect, honey is not part of the Carnivore Diet. You didn’t do a zero carb diet.
Animal based eating in the colder months/ winter make sense to me. Higher fats and proteins.
Fruits based eating in the warm seasons. Higher carb, moderate protein.
CKD(Cyclical Ketogenic Diet) was a concept that interested me at the time. You do 6 days of strict Keto/ Carnivore, followed by one day of carb-loading.
Not sure that’s healthy for your metabolism.

Nomane Euger

All due respect, honey is not part of the Carnivore Diet. You didn’t do a zero carb diet.
who define what is a carnivore diet?why do the peoples that define what is a carnivore diet according to you have more legitimacy to do so than others?even if you want to refer to the definitions you would find in dictionary or internet and assume that these perspectives have value,they do mostly say a carnivore is a being that do eat mostly meat,not exclusively

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Seriously -- some of the people who are the loudest in those spaces, including moderators are ... so consumed by the narrative of the diet (it can heal almost anything, it's the optimal, evolutionary diet for humans, etc.) that they are, frankly, nuts.
Yes, I mentioned in a carnivore group (just in passing) that I tried some cucumber I had grown my own garden and got a very stern warning. You would have thought I’d murdered someone by the reaction. That’s when I realized I couldn’t keep interacting with people who were that authoritarian about food.

GreekDemiGod

Yes, blood sugar is very stable on Keto or High-fat Carnivore from my experience.
Eating a meal rich in fats and protein in the absence of carbs raises blood sugar very little.
The ketones also stabilise blood sugar.

B

BRBsavinWorld

I wish that were true for everyone. :sad
perhaps it takes longer? it's taken me about 3 years of Peating, since carnivore, to regain the ability to consume potatoes or a little wheat, without pooping blood. with all due respect, you may not be applying all the principles with the same fervor and protocol, which Peat would advocate - I realized I was not doing a few fundamental things he suggests, his way, for the last 3 years, and that certainly affected my outcomes.

aniciete

perhaps it takes longer? it's taken me about 3 years of Peating, since carnivore, to regain the ability to consume potatoes or a little wheat, without pooping blood. with all due respect, you may not be applying all the principles with the same fervor and protocol, which Peat would advocate - I realized I was not doing a few fundamental things he suggests, his way, for the last 3 years, and that certainly affected my outcomes.
What would be something Peat advocates that you think people are missing here?

B

BRBsavinWorld

What would be something Peat advocates that you think people are missing here?
carrot salad with coconut oil was my problem - i was just eating strait carrots, and learned recently, that he advocates peeling the carrot into thin strips, precisely to carry the anti-fungal fats into the large intestine.

I consistently see it revealed, that people under consume calories, fat, or sugar. some eat a lot of goitrogen plants - some can be on this forum for years discussing problems, and then you find out they're vegetarian and eat a lot of vegetable smoothies or something, and don't eat any organs/red meat, or don't balance gelatin with inflammatory protein sources.

Jennifer

@Josiah Baldwin, thank you for your response, but I wasn't referring to me. I was referring to the ones who are still struggling to tolerate the foods that they enjoy most.

OP
I

ironfist

carrot salad with coconut oil was my problem - i was just eating strait carrots, and learned recently, that he advocates peeling the carrot into thin strips, precisely to carry the anti-fungal fats into the large intestine.

I consistently see it revealed, that people under consume calories, fat, or sugar. some eat a lot of goitrogen plants - some can be on this forum for years discussing problems, and then you find out they're vegetarian and eat a lot of vegetable smoothies or something, and don't eat any organs/red meat, or don't balance gelatin with inflammatory protein sources.
Why shall peeling carrots matter? Doesn't chewing do the same thing? Won't they get modified before going into the intestines anyway? Why should gelatin be balanced with inflammatory protein kinds?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals