Beef / Minced Beef PUFA Amount

Dobbler

So every site and nutrition database ive checked says that beef (minced or steak) is relatively low in PUFA, max 0,5 PUFA per 100 g , even if max fat amount is 12g. So 200g gives 1g of PUFA, which is pretty low, compared to say 2 eggs that is already 1,4g. Yes i know you guys dont like beef because of bad amino acids and iron, but PUFA standpoint its very safe right? Even shrimp has more PUFA, (200g is 1,2g).

The aminoacid profile of eggs is much less inflammatory. And I think fat content can be higher in some kinds of ground beef. Also ground beef might be high in bacteria compared to normal meat.

Elysium

Not sure what the point is, but there is nothing wrong with having beef a few times a week, especially if balanced with gelatin. It is probably the best muscle meat you can have, especially grass fed. The nutrients it brings to the table are enormous, and stressing over 1 or 2 grams of pufa does more harm than the pufa itself. Zero pufa is an insane goal, the the circumstances under which it is achievable will, again, do far more harm than a little pufa.

OP
D

Dobbler

I dont have gelatin. And the low pufa point is that i have to have some goals and red lines to follow so i am aiming as low as possible on that subject. I wanna see if limiting dairy helps with mood problems . :)

milk_lover

Yeah beef and lamb are good option. Get some glycine with it and drink a coffee latte afterwards and you're set. Glycine to balance the bad aminos and coffee latte so the caffeine and calcium can block the dreadful iron. Iron is a big problem for us, men, because we don't lose blood like women every month.

OP
D

Dobbler

Yeah beef and lamb are good option. Get some glycine with it and drink a coffee latte afterwards and you're set. Glycine to balance the bad aminos and coffee latte so the caffeine and calcium can block the dreadful iron. Iron is a big problem for us, men, because we don't lose blood like women every month.
What you think of donating blood?

Wagner83

The aminoacid profile of eggs is much less inflammatory. And I think fat content can be higher in some kinds of ground beef. Also ground beef might be high in bacteria compared to normal meat.

In some countries in Europe minced beef is 15 % gelatin and usually under 15-12 grams of fat. It has zinc, selenium among other things. Except for the iron content it's pretty ideal imo (and in my experience).

Never tried it, but I would like to. People feel more energy after donating blood, what I heard.

That's what Nosferatu told me.

Liam

Another interesting point on mince meat is that it likely includes connective tissue, blood vessels and some skeletal tissue. The amino acid profile of mince is superior to steaks and other muscle meats.

Is there a particular reference for that information? does that have something to do with the processing?

it's beef ground up and sitting there for often days. I have references for it somewhere but it stands to reason.

http://sfs.wsu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Dubie-TLR.pdf

Recent evidence suggests that exposure to stimulants of the innate immune receptors Toll-like receptor (TLR)-2 and TLR4 may contribute to the development of atherosclerosis and insulin resistance. We showed recently that common foodsuffs can contain TLR-stimulants, and that the greatest concentrations were present in meat-based products. Using a recently developed quantitative bioassay, we here examined the kinetics of accumulation of TLR2- and TLR4-stimulants in a variety of meat products held at 5 ◦C in air or under a modified atmosphere for up to 8 d. Meat content of TLR-stimulants increased with time in each meat examined and was paralleled by growth of pseudomonads and Enterobacteriaceae, suggesting that bacterial lipopeptides and lipopolysaccharides are the likely sources of TLR2- and TLR4-stimulants, respectively. TLR-stimulants reached the highest levels (approximately 80 μg lipopeptide-equivalents per gramme and approximately 7 μg lipopolysaccharide-equivalents per gram) in meat that was minced rather than intact, and when stored in air rather than under a modified atmosphere. TLR2- and TLR4-stimulants in meat products cooked for 1 h retained approximately 20% and approximately 40% of their bioactivity, respectively. In summary, storage conditions and microbial flora critically regulate the kinetics of TLR2- and TLR4-stimulant accumulation in meat products and these may retain biological activity after cooking.

Keywords: bacteria, inflammation, lipopeptide, lipopolysaccharide, meat, Toll-like receptors

Practical Application: The novel assays presented in this work could be used to predict the potential of foodstuffs to promote inflammatory signaling in human subjects, which may be deleterious to health. These assays may also be used to monitor the historical microbial flora in food products after cooking or other forms of food processing may have rendered the original microflora nonviable.