Beef liver works for me

Coderr

Beef liver is very good for seborrheic dermatitis and my skin. The flakes on my hair and on the side of my nose are gone. My skin is getting brighter. What does this? Do you mind if I eat liver every day?

mrchibbs

Up to half a pound per week is a good target for liver. Not sure if eating more gives you more benefits.

This.

Erring on the side of less is more is the right approach. Liver brings a lot of B vitamins, minerals and a big supply of vitamin A, all of which are needed for the skin to work properly.

Too much liver can have many adverse effects by suppressing thyroid function. It's a very nutrient dense food which should be eaten once a week or daily in very small amounts (a tablespoon in a liver paté for instance)

L

LauriePartridge

This.

Erring on the side of less is more is the right approach. Liver brings a lot of B vitamins, minerals and a big supply of vitamin A, all of which are needed for the skin to work properly.

Too much liver can have many adverse effects by suppressing thyroid function. It's a very nutrient dense food which should be eaten once a week or daily in very small amounts (a tablespoon in a liver paté for instance)
I totally agree. I overdose on Vitamin A through liver all the time. It wasn't until I researched grass-fed beef liver that I figured out why. A fairly recent study showed it has at least 4 to 5 times more vitamin A than grain fed liver. I couldn't understand why I had overdose symptoms (hair loss, skin peeling, headaches, insomnia, agitation, hyper metabolism initially then hypo) from eating such small amounts of grass-fed liver until I read the research. It also gives me acne a long with crazy anxiety. But the acne is usually my first sign that I've had too much and feeling on edge.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yann

I totally agree. I overdose on Vitamin A through liver all the time. It wasn't until I researched grass-fed beef liver that I figured out why. A fairly recent study showed it has at least 4 to 5 times more vitamin A than grain fed liver. I couldn't understand why I had overdose symptoms (hair loss, skin peeling, headaches, insomnia, agitation, hyper metabolism initially then hypo) from eating such small amounts of grass-fed liver until I read the research. It also gives me acne a long with crazy anxiety. But the acne is usually my first sign that I've had too much and feeling on edge.
Interesting! Do you have the link to this study?

tallglass13

Pardon! So what I see from these comments is that liver is good or great! But don't have a little bit too much because then you'll have some severe symptoms.. this needs more exploration! I wanted to start eating liver, but I'm very apprehended. The more I see post of people that experience hair loss and skin issues with too much, makes me very cautious and afraid. I would hope we can explore this more. I get enough raw milk, and cheese.. occasionally eggs.. wouldn't this be enough vitamin a? I'm still experiencing a eczema reaction on my ankle that I'm trying to cure. God forbid I had liver and make it worse. Or do I add liver and heal it?
Danny Roddy did mention that a certain skin issue on his face I think he said, got worse with eating more liver. This was in a podcast a few months ago.

mrchibbs

Pardon! So what I see from these comments is that liver is good or great! But don't have a little bit too much because then you'll have some severe symptoms.. this needs more exploration! I wanted to start eating liver, but I'm very apprehended. The more I see post of people that experience hair loss and skin issues with too much, makes me very cautious and afraid. I would hope we can explore this more. I get enough raw milk, and cheese.. occasionally eggs.. wouldn't this be enough vitamin a? I'm still experiencing a eczema reaction on my ankle that I'm trying to cure. God forbid I had liver and make it worse. Or do I add liver and heal it?
Danny Roddy did mention that a certain skin issue on his face I think he said, got worse with eating more liver. This was in a podcast a few months ago.

Liver is not just vitamin A, it's a great balance of a lot of things.

You won't get "too much" from just one meal, so try it. Eat a portion of liver and check if your eczema gets better. Only way to see if it works for you.

tallglass13

Liver is not just vitamin A, it's a great balance of a lot of things.

You won't get "too much" from just one meal, so try it. Eat a portion of liver and check if your eczema gets better. Only way to see if it works for you.
Will do! Not a bad idea at all. Looking forward to making a Pate'. Listening to Ray recently, He stated that without using liver, getting all the appropriate nutrients would be hard to do. Paraphrasing.

mrchibbs

Will do! Not a bad idea at all. Looking forward to making a Pate'. Listening to Ray recently, He stated that without using liver, getting all the appropriate nutrients would be hard to do. Paraphrasing.

I agree with him, and he's very careful about it at the same time as well. A hyperthyroid, very metabolic rate individual can eat a lot of liver and use the vitamin A fully, but it can be deleterious when eaten too frequently in an individual with suboptimal metabolic rate (most of us at this point).

If I ever have children and especially teenagers, I'll make sure to give them liver regularly. I'm thinking they could benefit from it tremendously (because of their high metabolic rates), and it will improve their development and help them reach their potential, while preventing things like acne.

youngsinatra

Yes same here. Initially I felt great on a daily ounce of grass-fed beef liver, really fuarkin energized, but also on-edge. I never felt a calm energy from it, but rather like being on amphetamine.
Lately it really made me anxious af and paranoid. If I continued I‘d be sure that psychosis is not far away.

Chicken liver does not give me that, so I don‘t think that it is the vitamin A, but rather the high copper content in beef liver.

PaRa

Yes same here. Initially I felt great on a daily ounce of grass-fed beef liver, really fuarkin energized, but also on-edge. I never felt a calm energy from it, but rather like being on amphetamine.
Lately it really made me anxious af and paranoid. If I continued I‘d be sure that psychosis is not far away.

Chicken liver does not give me that, so I don‘t think that it is the vitamin A, but rather the high copper content in beef liver.

liver from all animals always tasted like ***t for me and whenever I eat copper rich foods I become ****** anxious, depressed, cold, shaky hands, very dry skin etc
(changes happens like overnight)

beef steack is always what I like the most, probably the high iron and zinc to copper ratio that my body wants

(sky high calcium intake like 2-3g a day for some days tends to have the same effect too)

So beef, potatoes and fruits as staples baby + some dairies aside (no more than 1g calcium/day)

What about pork liver? Does it have as many benefits as beef liver? Anyone know?

L

LauriePartridge

Interesting! Do you have the link to this study?
1626839632557.png

L

LauriePartridge

What about pork liver? Does it have as many benefits as beef liver? Anyone know?
I like liverwurst which has more pork than pork liver in it but just enough liver to give you a reasonable amount of Vitamin A without overdoing it. It feels safer to me than eating beef liver by itself. Charcutnuvo is a brand from Denver which makes a delicious continental liverwurst you can get at Whole Foods. It is sooo good and I feel the vit A from it but in a good way. It is made with onions so if they don't bother you, it can be a good choice. I just can't tolerate onions very much as the high quercetin content is a thyroid killer for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
L

LauriePartridge

Thanks for sharing. I can so relate. A feeling of intense fear/dread seems to happen when I'm hyper and when I have too much A from any source. That's interesting about chicken liver. It does have less A in it than beef liver but it's all relative to how much you're eating. It tends to bother me more physically than beef liver (if I have a lot of it) because it causes inflammation pretty badly. For me, I think it's the arachidonic acid which is high in chicken liver - over 100 percent higher than in beef liver.

Aymen

I wanted to know the suppressing thyroid functions effects of vitamin A and i think it's at 100,000 IU + in a day, i tried veal liver and it seems the highest in vitamin A, i was eating 270 grams at once every sunday and i didn't realize that i reached my limit (more than 100,000 IU in a single meal) and in the next day i become sluggish and tired, this happened many times in winter but gladly it doesn't happen in summer where i can get a lot of sunlight, i think vitamin A in the skin acts as a defensive against UVB to protect the skin and gets destroyed so we will need more of it,
i still eat veal liver now (150 grams every 3 days) and i don't notice any bad symptoms but i will make sure to eat only 150g once a week in the winter months instead of 250 g at once, if someone has to choose then beef liver is better (liver of at least a 1 year old animal) and provides less vitamin A and more vitamin k than veal liver, veal liver taste is sweet and beef liver taste strong.

I like liverwurst which has more pork than pork liver in it but just enough liver to give you a reasonable amount of Vitamin A without overdoing it. It feels safer to me than eating beef liver by itself. Charcutnuvo is a brand from Denver which makes a delicious continental liverwurst you can get at Whole Foods. It is sooo good and I feel the vit A from it but in a good way. It is made with onions so if they don't bother you, it can be a good choice. I just can't tolerate onions very much as the high quercetin content is a thyroid killer for me.
Thanks! I wasn’t sure but there’s a pate I really like that says it’s source is from pig liver. Not a fan of plain beef liver. Eating the pate is the only way I can tolerate any liver. If I can get Vit A from that, I’m good ?