Beef Jerky Please Help!

I have been trying so hard to make beef jerky the right tender soft way. I can't seem to get it righ

• ?Where do I even get sodium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • please help

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Simon

Hello,

I have been trying so hard to make beef jerky the right tender soft way. I can't seem to get it right, I have a dehydrator. I've been using Prague powder #1 and vinegar to get the store like jerky feeling but it's not working. I have used baking soda which made it tender but left the bad taste. My question is how to get the beef jerky soft and tender? Also, if to do this commercially, do you have to put Sodium nitrite? or can you use Prague #2 instead? Is sodium nitrite powder? and how much would you use for how many pounds? Anyway that can help I appreciate it!

rawmeat

I've made it, and there is absolutely no need for nitrites or prague. Instead, I generously salt the meat and start it on the BBQ for a short period. Do not overdo it in the dehydrator; I wouldn't leave the jerky in longer than 4.5 hours. I find that adding honey or maple syrup aids in the suppleness of the jerky.

OP
S

Simon

I've made it, and there is absolutely no need for nitrites or prague. Instead, I generously salt the meat and start it on the BBQ for a short period. Do not overdo it in the dehydrator; I wouldn't leave the jerky in longer than 4.5 hours. I find that adding honey or maple syrup aids in the suppleness of the jerky.
Thank you for your reply,

But lets say if selling beef jerky commercially, you would have to either put Prague powder #2 or Sodium right?