Beef Gelatin Or Hydrolysed Collegen??

DMF

I don't know which to go with from Great Lakes. One sounds natural, the other concocted by a chemist artificially. If beef gelatin is so good, why must it be changed? Does it all boil down to preparation - cold water/juices will make the beef stuff gooey? Or is it assimilation in the body - the hydolysate collagen was "formulated" to take like a vitamin? Hey folks, 'think your lecithin is natural? Think again. Hexane, a chemical solvant is used to extract it from the soybean.

nwo2012

DMF said:
I don't know which to go with from Great Lakes. One sounds natural, the other concocted by a chemist artificially. If beef gelatin is so good, why must it be changed? Does it all boil down to preparation - cold water/juices will make the beef stuff gooey? Or is it assimilation in the body - the hydolysate collagen was "formulated" to take like a vitamin? Hey folks, 'think your lecithin is natural? Think again. Hexane, a chemical solvant is used to extract it from the soybean.

Told you my opinion already, isnt it good enough? Joke. :lol:
I believe it is purely the mixing that is easier, nutritionally the exact same aminos.
Well, even without hexane, soy lecithin is garbage. ;)

ARK

The Great Lakes gelatin is very good. The cows that they use are all fed 100% grass that is not sprayed with any chemicals. The only difference with the hydrolysed is that they use a pineapple enzyme to break it down. Even if someone is sensitive to pineapple they are ok with this product. The gelatin is great and is a very simple. The broth is better IMO as it has calcium( the GL gelatin does not) Also, I believe that for people that are struggling to digest their food- home made bone broth is the way to go. But, I love the gelatin and I recommend it to everyone. Here is an article that I wrote on the gelatin: http://blog.arkofwellness.com/gelatin-r ... ight-loss/

Great Lakes Gelatin is the only one to get which is why I sell in on my website. The other gelatins IMO aren't necessarily safe because there is no control on what the cows are eating and the chemicals sprayed on the grass. The other gelatins just don't have the same profile. The only thing that you really have to watch is that the gelatin is 100% dissolved. If it is not dissolved it can cause digestive issues. Josh Robin says that the green is tolerated better by people that are sensitive. I disagree, I thing that if someone is having any trouble at all with the gelatin they should stick to the orange can b/c it is just a more simple formula. Another tip you can try to dissolve the gelatin is to add some baking soda.

I do know that Ray himself eats the Great Lakes Gelatin.... So WE know it is good.
ARK

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:goodpost

Did not know they used pineapple to break it down. Very cool!

Back
Top Bottom