Becoming A Stiff

Dobster

Good day all,
trust you're all doing well. So am needing some advice....I took up a job in Singapore about 11 months ago. Here I walk a whole lot more and eat less. But I take my usual Supplements and Vitamins.
When I got here I was about 88kgs. Now am 75 - targeting 70. .I am 49YO male.

So one of the things I noticed..well two

1/ I am becoming stiff, not like I could bend overbackwards...just getting stiff.
2/ I can't stand in the sun for too long these days.

My last bloodwork in Oct showed my Cholesterol is almost normal with a marginal increase in Trig.
SO is there anything I can do to become more flexible ? My joints are esp shoulders you can hear the cracking sounds so often. Also My right hand fingers are showing signs of arthritis.

Any help/advise appreciated.

Rgds/Dobster

somuch4food

Do you take fat soluble supplements? A,D,K... Do you consume a lot of calcium? The arthritis and stiffness could be calcification.

I usually get stiff when I get too much inflammation or endotoxins.

OP
D

Dobster

Do you take fat soluble supplements? A,D,K... Do you consume a lot of calcium? The arthritis and stiffness could be calcification.

I usually get stiff when I get too much inflammation or endotoxins.
As of now, mostly B vits Water soluble. The other that I take is a mix of CLO / Vit E...caps. Very occasionally iron and Mag Chloride 2 drops in water twice a week.

Thank you

postman

As of now, mostly B vits Water soluble. The other that I take is a mix of CLO / Vit E...caps. Very occasionally iron and Mag Chloride 2 drops in water twice a week.

Thank you
CLO, cod liver oil?

tankasnowgod

Good day all,
trust you're all doing well. So am needing some advice....I took up a job in Singapore about 11 months ago. Here I walk a whole lot more and eat less. But I take my usual Supplements and Vitamins.

1/ I am becoming stiff, not like I could bend overbackwards...just getting stiff.

My last bloodwork in Oct showed my Cholesterol is almost normal with a marginal increase in Trig.
SO is there anything I can do to become more flexible ? My joints are esp shoulders you can hear the cracking sounds so often. Also My right hand fingers are showing signs of arthritis.

Rgds/Dobster

Have you gotten a full iron panel with ferritin? Back when I was iron loaded, I had a lot of cracking joints. That has largely gone away since I got de-ironed. It's actually quite common in iron loaded patients. Excess iron can also be cause in arthritis. It's not the only cause, but it's an often overlooked one.

Douglas Ek

Good day all,

Rgds/Dobster

Copper and iron status? This was something that happened to me same symptoms. I had high vit-D. Think it depletes retinol which lowers ceruloplasmin. Ceruloplasmin carries 90% of the copper in the body. And copper deficiency causes arthritis.

OP
D

Dobster

Ok so possible excessive Iron with depleted copper ? Something to check with labs next. Thank you all.

Yes correct.
I believe Ray has warned against the usage of cod liver oil. He mentioned a study in dogs where mortality increased by a lot when dogs were given CLO.

Could be high iron, low copper, low iron, low estrogen which can interfere with copper aswell. Excess vitamin D i think can cause arthritis aswell like i mentioned.
Yeah, I got cracky joints back in the day when I used to use 10000 iu orally every day.

Douglas Ek

Yeah, I got cracky joints back in the day when I used to use 10000 iu orally every day.

Yes vitamin D reduces estrogen and that in turn lowers copper and ceruloplasmin. A certain degree of estrogen is needed for the synthesis of ceruloplasmin. This is why women tend to have higher ceruloplasmin then men. Copper/ceruloplasmin is needed in collagen synthesis. Together with whole food vitamin C. Boron and silica (specially from horse tail) are additional supplements that are really good for boosting collagen productipn and copper status naturally. Worth taking an iron panel because both low and high can cause problems very similair to each other and both can interfere with copper and copper can be a reason why you have both low and high.

docall18

Peat has also warned against taking iron, he believes very few people need it, even if it is low in a blood test.

Motif

What about stretching?
People get stiff because of the lifestyle nowadays often

Take magnesium carbonate water, it is the best thing for this. You make it from seltzer and magnesium hydroxide, do a youtube search. Boron helpful too, as are the other electrolytes. Magnesium is key. Vitamin C also.

Vinny

is it humid there? must be...
ive been living by the sea for 10 y. and last 5 of them i feel like you. damp is a silent killer - thats my guess, man

is it humid there? must be...
ive been living by the sea for 10 y. and last 5 of them i feel like you. damp is a silent killer - thats my guess, man

Interesting, my most physical job was in an extremely humid environment, the walls were constantly wet. After a few years my joints became extremely stiff there.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals