Beat Your Genes: An Evolutionary Psychology Podcast

For those who may be interested in this subject, I highly recommend this podcast. I've called in about a dozen times. I asked Dr. Lisle what a good response is to people who always respond with "that's an appeal to nature fallacy" whenever you use the terms "natural/nature" and the evolutionary psychology behind "Beatlemania" in episode 99. I have to go back and find the old episodes where I called in because I had some great questions.

"What's the purpose of life? How do we find happiness? What is happiness? We discuss real life situations to find what we need to do to find happiness. To do this, we have to sometimes go against our instincts. This is called "beating your genes". Listen as I, Nate G, your host, talks with Dr. Doug Lisle, evolutionary psychologist, about life, love, relationships, and most importantly finding happiness in the modern world. We are live on Wednesdays at 8:30-9:30pm PST. If you have a question or comment, or maybe even a complicated situation that you'd like some advice on, feel free to call us live at 657-383-0751 or email us at [email protected]"

Beat Your Genes: An Evolutionary Psychology Podcast for Finding Happiness in th Online Radio by BeatYourGenes

Untitled.jpeg

Last edited:

Sunny Jack

Very enlightening, especially his idea of Beatlemania and the like as a mass case of pre-selection, with the girls screaming and crying because they'll never get a chance to mate with these obviously evolutionarily-fit and high-status males.

I hadn't really heard Dr. Lisle talk about things other than diet before, but his sociological/psychological opinions are very interesting, especially as he doesn't sugar-coat things. The way he gives practical advice about how to handle low-IQ prison inmates in the episode before (#98) was funny in its harsh determinism, but also makes sense.

These podcasts definitely repay a listen, you'll feel smarter afterwards! Thanks for posting.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals