Beans To Get Rid Of Sludgy Bile

somuch4food

Which looking at the glycemic index alone isn’t true. The GI for beans is 10-40 depending on the type and apples are 39.

She seems okay with white starches and grains (high glycemic index) yet completely dismisses all fruits, recommending only eating them once a week when already healthy with a protein.

I really want to know that part. That's the bit that doesn't make sense to me atm in her work.

Geronimo

For what it's worth, I've had some success with psyllium fiber. It has the soluble fiber but is unique in that it doesn't ferment. The first time is like a revelation, but don't do it two days in a row. First day I felt 10 years younger, 2nd day I had an intestinal blockage for about 18 hours and couldn't eat. I probably didn't drink enough water.

Two things I've really noticed helping: just dropping any starches altogether, and keeping my sugar away from my big meal(s) of the day. I think a big meal with lots of starch makes the starch take too long to digest and then ferments because it gets too far down the digestive system without being digested well enough. I've tried, many times, the heavily cooked potatoes with lots of coconut oil and I react a lot worse to that than just plain white rice. A blazing metabolism and healthy thyroid can probably power through it, hence why active teenagers can eat whatever they want and feel OK. Not so much for us Pufa-poisoned off-balance folk.
A lot of sugar at night without the accompanying fat/protein bulk should allow for easy digestion, lowering of stress hormones, and glycogen replenishment for the next 24 hours.
Maybe we should keep our Peaty principles, but keep them more separated. Protein and well cooked green vegetables at meals. The veggies will provide micronutrients and the base level of fiber needed to actually clear us out without pulling fermentable carbs into the digestive system.
The protein will drop blood glucose, but the sugar bolus from the previous night should have replenished glycogen enough to pull us through that while allowing for proper digestion of our meals. Then a few hours later, stick with fruit/low fat milk/sugary stuff before bed to drop stress hormones and replenish glycogen for the next day while keeping endotoxin down.

Carbohydrates Past 6PM Will Make You ... Lean! Eating All Carbs in the Evening Increases Body Fat Loss by 28% Compared to Standard Low-Calorie Diet. - SuppVersity: Nutrition and Exercise Science for Everyone

Last edited:

somuch4food

She seems okay with white starches and grains (high glycemic index) yet completely dismisses all fruits, recommending only eating them once a week when already healthy with a protein.

I really want to know that part. That's the bit that doesn't make sense to me atm in her work.

I got an answer from her:

Fructose, or fruit sugar, will raise blood glucose levels in the same way as sucrose does. Fructose will elicit a negative cellular response just as sucrose does. White flour is normally consumed with proteins and other high fiber foods (a roll with a dinner meat, veggies, and beans) and it does not rapidly enter the bloodstream like sweets and fruit do. However, if your meal is just eating 10 dinner rolls and nothing else—then you will feel a negative blood glucose effect from it.

So, she's really all about the blood sugar response in regards to fruits/sugar.

I think her recommendation of avoiding fruits/sugar all together is that most people do not have enough self control to limit it adequately. She also bans fruits and sweets since people eat them as snacks otherwise which is bad for blood sugar regulation.

Jesilyn

Thanks for investigating and sharing!

If I’m remembering correctly doesn’t Peat say that meat spikes insulin more than fruit or sugar? Is that right? And that fructose with starch also lowers the glycemic index of starch alone? So puzzling that people studying these things come to such different conclusions.

Wagner83

I tried beans a few times the past weeks. I found a proper can with just salt, water and beans, no additive to keep them firm (how stupid can they be). These are white beans, easier to digest and with a more appealing consistency than the red variation of the same brand. The silence of my digestive system following their ingestion took me by surprise. But it increases the bulk of faeces to infinity and beyond.

CLASH

I got an answer from her:

So, she's really all about the blood sugar response in regards to fruits/sugar.

I think her recommendation of avoiding fruits/sugar all together is that most people do not have enough self control to limit it adequately. She also bans fruits and sweets since people eat them as snacks otherwise which is bad for blood sugar regulation.
Based on her response I dont think she fully understands the metabolism of sugars. This would make me careful of the rest of her advice. Any nutritionist or keto enthusiast can tell you the info she just parroted.

somuch4food

Based on her response I dont think she fully understands the metabolism of sugars. This would make me careful of the rest of her advice. Any nutritionist or keto enthusiast can tell you the info she just parroted.

Yet, I can't seem to make sugar work for me and there's plenty of evidence of it being involved in health problems.

I'm pretty much with the Peat way of eating. It is just not compatible with me at the moment.

CLASH

Yet, I can't seem to make sugar work for me and there's plenty of evidence of it being involved in health problems.

I'm pretty much with the Peat way of eating. It is just not compatible with me at the moment.

Sugar from fruit?

somuch4food

Sugar from fruit?
Fruits, maple syrup and sucrose, they all affect me.

I also can't use milk since vitamin D bothers me.

I've seen that condensed milk is not fortified. I'm tempted to try it. Low fat dairy is another one that is worth a shot. I seem to have trouble with salicylates, a polyphenol hence my reaction to fruits.

ddjd

I am looking into this Karen Hurd bean diet because what I’m doing is not working. Came into my awareness very serendipitously, and my instinct tells me there’s something here for me. She is very anti saturated fat, and so the diet has a lot of MUFA and PUFA. It apparently has a very high success rate and I am so curious how it’s working. Is the body able to mitigate the damage from PUFA more easily because the high bean intake improves elimination so much, so that the liver function is improved enough that the trade off makes it worthwhile?
How did you get on

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals