Beans/legumes, key to reducing MS?

Epeatcurious

This study seems to show that a diet rich in beans and legumes feeds bacteria that seem to be low/missing, in people with MS and other central nervous system degenerative diseases.

Would love @haidopinion on it as I am someone who is keenly aware of the way my gut imbalances affect my neurological state.
My idea has always been to not feed the bacteria that create endotoxin, but this study seems to suggest thsy actually providing specific material for the bacteria that is chronically low might actually be the key instead.

Would love Peaty inspired POVs.

Vileplume

This study seems to show that a diet rich in beans and legumes feeds bacteria that seem to be low/missing, in people with MS and other central nervous system degenerative diseases.

Would love @haidopinion on it as I am someone who is keenly aware of the way my gut imbalances affect my neurological state.
My idea has always been to not feed the bacteria that create endotoxin, but this study seems to suggest thsy actually providing specific material for the bacteria that is chronically low might actually be the key instead.

I do not see any study linked in the post! :) Please link it if you can

Zpol

It is in fact possible to cure MS. It's just that they don't call it a "cure", they call it "remission" or "reverse diagnosis", or something along those lines. Dr. Terry Wahls formulated a high nutrient dietary strategy which healed her progressive MS and helped heal many others; entirely without beans and legumes and the gut wrenching pain and flatulence that comes with them. Although I think some modifications to her baseline diet would be beneficial (higher carb for example), the elimination and limitation of beans and legumes, respectively, is one of the cornerstones contributing to the effectiveness of the diet overall.

This article sounds like vegan propaganda to me.

Greg says

SOMO

I love beans and legumes and although they are full of fiber and starch, I find that they are digested well. I also think they taste great and are quite filling, so good for weightloss.

The main issue is that they are high in phosphorus, but so is meat and most people here consume meat.

To my knowledge PHA is destroyed by regular cooking, and I don't think this is a concern. Also the PHA binds to galactose, so drinking some milk with the beans should reduce negative side effects.

To be safe, I avoid red beans and stick with the black ones which have less PHA and more anthocyanins.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals